Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As sometimes happens at tournaments, a coach will luck upon a system, forced on him, due to injuries or form issues.
The issues are so obvious that the coach, against everything he believes in, has to make changes and suddenly everything clicks into place.
This isn't a coach displaying superior judgement or tactics, it's blind luck.
I have the feeling Southgate is going to get extremely lucky
02umGQ.gif

For all the reasons I have already laid out.

The sucking air out of the room hype stuff?

Your agenda against him is far too strong. I don't like the shithouse side of his game, but that's Real Madrid. They all seemingly get training in it and those guys pay his wages.

It's a team game and no player is bigger than the team and I agree he plays with a confidence, or arrogance from your perspective which is above his station. But there is plenty more to be concerned about with England than Bellingham's ego.

The players are top notch. Its Southgate who is useless (tactically).
Some of the best players in the world. The majority playing high press, possession, attacking football. Question - why don't England play in that manner with these players. Answer - they aren't coached to.

Are they?

All I’ve read page after page recently is we have a idiot GK who can’t kick a ball, Trippier shit left back, Rice who just plods and doesn’t do anything except pass it back, Trent who’s useless, Saka overated, Bellingham who’s well overated and just falls down.

The only good ones are Walker, Foden and Stones ironically enough, and a disgrace Grealish isn’t there.

Yet the Manager is expected to win the tournament with these lot.

Are they?

All I’ve read page after page recently is we have a idiot GK who can’t kick a ball, Trippier shit left back, Rice who just plods and doesn’t do anything except pass it back, Trent who’s useless, Saka overated, Bellingham who’s well overated and just falls down.

Let alone not being able to replace Kelvin Phillips. I mean, how's he ever going to win things without Kelvin ?

Are they?

The only good ones are Walker, Foden and Stones ironically enough, and a disgrace Grealish isn’t there.

They're all top level players with a range of strengths and weaknesses.

The system isn't playing to their strengths, and in some instances the body language doesn't look great.

We know what all these players can and can't do - it's on the manager to play a formation and line-up that allows strengths to shine and players to mitigate each other's weaknesses. It's also on the manager to inspire and motivate the team, and get them all pulling together.

They were a long way from awful in ‘96. They didn’t lose a game. The Gascoigne goal was a late second in a 2-0 win, so hardly could be said to have rescued them.

And the hammering of a decent Holland side was probably one of the best England performances in the last 30 odd years.
Still shit because we got relegated. I couldn't stomach that happy clappy shit from fantasy league after the debacle of City going down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.