Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a80292e51ef13f2a9c0b8049e6fc4c5b.gif
You got your image moving. What is this sorcery?

Gary Lineker's analysis is great here.

And some of what they're saying is pretty worrying, because no amount of changing players is going to improve things if the person in charge can't get the tactics right.

Gary is great on the pod when he has time to talk and doesn't have to sensor himself like on tv

Gary Lineker's analysis is great here.

And some of what they're saying is pretty worrying, because no amount of changing players is going to improve things if the person in charge can't get the tactics right.

Lineker is great there but Micah continues his recent spree of spouting absolute nonsense.

It's true of course but the solution is obvious. After all, Pep did it with Kun. Exactly the same problem. Kun got it, changed the way he played and was a more rounded player for it.

Going off topic here but it reminds me of a little snippet of an interview with Lewandowski, I saw a while ago.

He said when he rocked up in Munich, Guardiola had him in and said something along the lines of…. You know more about scoring goals and playing in the opposition penalty area than I ever will. But if you’re interested in learning I think I can make you into a better footballer? And Lewandowski said… absolutely I’m interested. And he then said he learned more in the next two years than he had in the previous 10 years of being a pro.

Just as an aside, remember his manager was Jurgen Klopp for about four of those years.

Back 4 adopt a high line. Compress in the attacking half. Kane needs to lead the press or be dropped.
Play high and play quicker and this team could still win the competition.
Bit difficult getting them to do that mid tournament when he has had years and years to sort it out.

At City we do it. With any other team, it might be very dangerous. We can do it because we've got the best coach in the world, who never stops thinking about the game, who is proactive and always ready to tweak and make adjustments which aren't always that visible to the hoi-polloi that we are, but which, time and again, make the crucial difference. How many times last season did we see the team turn in a not particularly convincing performance in the first half, only for them to come out a changed team in the second? That's Pep. That's all on him. It happens too often for it to be coincidence.

Playing out from the back, playing a high line, takes an incredible level of technical proficiency, allied to an iron discipline. Every single player at City has got that. If even one player gets it wrong — and not by much, by the way — it's a clear scoring chance, maybe a goal, for the opposition.

Not sure about it with these players, and this keeper. Ed's got playing back-up to our high line down to a fine art. Sure we get caught by the counter sucker punch from time to time (it's virtually the only way other teams can beat us — three times only last season) but Ed's got much better at timing it than he used to. So has Stefan.
Could Pickford? Ever? Even with coaching? England are a conglomerate of players who have not been welded into a team. They will never have the fearsome efficiency as a unit that City have — six titles in the last seven years tells us that — and it would be unreasonable to expect as much from players who only see each other every two or three months. Is Southgate the man to do that?
I'm asking questions rather than giving answers. As for Kane, I totally agree that he's got to adjust his game. See, for a very long time, Kane played with a player, Son, who went ahead and timed his runs to perfection while Kane dropped deep. That pairing almost single handedly kept Tottenham at top four/top six level. Consciously, of course, Kane knows very well that he's not playing in that configuration. But I can't help wondering whether, unconsciously, old habits die hard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.