Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The team look split, bellend to big for his boots, Kane plays for himself, taa lol, no left back, no tactics. City's must be thinking what is this shit southgate is talking.

Than look at the club managers klopp, Arteta, Pep etc all very passionate guys, full of energy and enthusiasm. Than look at southgate a boring grey man with the personality and enthusiasm of a damp squid.

That's the biggest worry for me. You can forgive poor performances. It's tournament football after a long season and sometimes you just don't turn up. But his post-match comments were ridiculous. Admitting he didn't know what he was doing and mentioning Kalvin Phillips as the reason for the experiment was ridiculous. And then saying it wasn't his instruction for the team to drop off....yet he sat on his arse watching them rather than giving them a fucking rocket or trying to change things.

I think we'll improve, but I'm probably misguided.

I think there's a clear instruction from Southgate to drop in and not lose any games in the group to make sure we get through and to also conserve energy for the latter stages. He'd rather we were flat but qualified if it means we have more energy than other sides in the knockouts. Maybe there's logic to that. We'll see.

Bonkers idea. Pep needs months of working with players to get them to understand his system. Plus England don't have the players to play his system. Plus City come before any country. I can't believe a City fan would want Pep to leave us for England.
When he leaves where would you prefer him to go? Open your mind, to the possibility of us still seeing our best English lads regularly coached by him. It takes him 3 months to get them back in tune after Southgate anyway , bonkers if he really wants to stay but he did say he is closer to leaving than ever. His choice not yours or mine.

I like many of us I suspect like bluehammer, but no one can defend Southgate after yesterday , he simply proved how inept he is. That interview afterwards was a car crash and truly showed his lack of managerial knowledge. I'm expecting a you were right post, but we are where we are so we need to get behind him for this tournament?
He's okay. His music contributions on here are excellent. And, of course, he'll defend West Ham. But, for the life of me, I can't see how he can defend Southgate after this. Yes he's got us to a major final as well as a semi final and a quarter final (separate tournaments, by the way!). But you can't live on past achievements. And that display yesterday was spirit crushing. I thought our display in the cup final was awful, but yesterday was a whole new level of ineptitude. And let's be (Thomas) frank here; Denmark are not exactly a world power in football. But they looked the more accomplished side for the bulk of the game yesterday.

I get where he comes from on a lot of stuff. We'd all probably pick slightly different squads and systems and tactics so there's never going to be universal agreement for what an England manager does, and overall his record has been second to Sir Alf. You can talk about easy fixtures and a lack of getting over the line in certain games, but there have been good England squads in previous decades who haven't got out of groups or have been far worse. This isn't the best collection of English players ever, when you look at the technical ability of the likes of Spain and Germany we're miles off - no one wants to keep the ball for starters.

But whilst most of us are incredibly critical (rightly), he is willing to just ignore it and back the team - I would imagine as you say he'll take the point as it means we're pretty much assured of qualifying one way or another.
The technical ability is every bit as good as in those teams. It's also younger and supposedly fitter.
The blame is firmly at that weak but nice, yes man's door. Tactically and in motivation he's is woefully lacking.
The do it for nice Gareth honeymoon is long over. We now need a football manager.

He's okay. His music contributions on here are excellent. And, of course, he'll defend West Ham. But, for the life of me, I can't see how he can defend Southgate after this. Yes he's got us to a major final as well as a semi final and a quarter final (separate tournaments, by the way!). But you can't live on past achievements. And that display yesterday was spirit crushing. I thought our display in the cup final was awful, but yesterday was a whole new level of ineptitude. And let's be (Thomas) frank here; Denmark are not exactly a world power in football. But they looked the more accomplished side for the bulk of the game yesterday.
The scary thing about yesterdays game is that he watched it from the sideline and must have thought the front three were the problem based on his substitutions and if he watched that and came to that conclusion then he should pack his bags before the next game and thats before you even get started on the insanity of that post match interview.

Anyway, to give a little balance, I think Kyle has played pretty well in these two games. In fact I would go as far and say he has been our most consistent player.

as for the rest of it?
80% on Southgate
20% on the players as a collective - they could be doing more to resolve some of the issues. Let's face it, all but two or three come from possession based, high press attacking teams. That isn't the way any of them are playing just now.

And whilst I'm on it. Shearer. What a **** that man is. England flop to the floor at final whistle 'Look at them, they look exhausted. That is ridiculous. There is no excuse for that'.

Other than playing 60 games a season for the last five seasons with nary a break.

I don't know why you post on this forum, you aren't a blue and tend to stir shit. Mustn't be much going on to go out of your ways and post on a random forum.
He’s only posting what many of us are thinking, it’s been an utter shitshow this far. and as Blue Mist said, he’s got lovely hair.

I don't know why you post on this forum, you aren't a blue and tend to stir shit. Mustn't be much going on to go out of your ways and post on a random forum.
Not random at all, my uncle was a Man City fanatic and I grew up through all the shit times for City and was delighted how things turned out. Because of that, City have been my favourite English team. I don’t know if that qualifies me, but it fucking should. As for stirring shit? What you on about? Show me an example of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.