Devolution For The Regions - Gtr Manchester

Announcement today by Andy Burnham. A new train station. And underground plans. BBC News North West.

Laughing at Andy and his 'reducing fares'.

Before his marvelous Bee Network the bossladys monthly pass was £65. Now it is £85 for 28 days. Not only is that £20 more, but he also gets thirteen payments, instead of twelve..........

Keep pissing down our backs, and telling us it's raining Andy, the folk of GM seem to love it !

They aren't running a business. Running a business and running a government are two different things.

You understand the point that people who have successfully run a business in one sector wouldn't necessarily be successful or even mediocre in another sector. There's successful business men who have ended up complete failures in the same sector because they were reliant on one model and lacked the flexibility.

Do you believe Simon Jordan, Alan Sugar or Peter Swales would have made good politicians?

Is it possible that people who have experience of working in a union, local government, representing constituents and serving in the shadow cabinet have better understanding of the mechanisms of government and are better qualified to work in government than a quantity surveyor and landlord?

I would love Alan Sugar as PM picking his cabinet on a reality TV show like the apprentice. Be mint that.

They aren't running a business. Running a business and running a government are two different things.

You understand the point that people who have successfully run a business in one sector wouldn't necessarily be successful or even mediocre in another sector. There's successful business men who have ended up complete failures in the same sector because they were reliant on one model and lacked the flexibility.

Do you believe Simon Jordan, Alan Sugar or Peter Swales would have made good politicians?

Is it possible that people who have experience of working in a union, local government, representing constituents and serving in the shadow cabinet have better understanding of the mechanisms of government and are better qualified to work in government than a quantity surveyor and landlord?

So you don’t think James Timpson, for example, is a good appointment based on this criteria?

I'm still waiting for the grifter to solve the homeless crisis in Manchester, there are more and more beggars on the street and Piccadilly gardens resembles an open air mental ward.
You are not wrong there. Me and Mrs PPT walked from Piccadilly Station down to Deansgate last week. What an absolute shit tip Manchester has become. It’s a human zoo of the worst kind. It’s an embarrassment. If that is the first view and impression that visitors to Manchester get, when they get off the train, then god help us. The charlatan that is Burnham has a lot to answer for.

You are not wrong there. Me and Mrs PPT walked from Piccadilly Station down to Deansgate last week. What an absolute shit tip Manchester has become. It’s a human zoo of the worst kind. It’s an embarrassment. If that is the first view and impression that visitors to Manchester get, when they get off the train, then god help us. The charlatan that is Burnham has a lot to answer for.

Liverpool, Nottingham and Newcastle I have visited recently and all are comfortable to walk around, it's almost as if someone designed Manchester to look and feel this shit.

Reactions: PPT
What do you think the differences are in running a business or a charity? I’ll wait.
Not sure why you’re asking. It’s clear he’s been appointed as Prisons minister due to his heavy involvement in the rehabilitation of prisoners whether in his business or due to the work carried out by the charity he leads. His ability to run his business or charity alone haven’t qualified him for a government position.

It's disgusting, Piccadilly gardens is a smackhead convention. My work are moving our office to the city centre in the next 18 months. Praying I get made redundant so I can stay the fuck away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.