Diabetes

Not so much pain but wierdly around november time when we put the heating on my toes get really itchy. This lasts for about 6 weeks or so and then calms down a bit. I can still ' feel ' them until around about now, when the heating goes off. It seems as it it is all weather related as I dont get any problems in the summer/autumn. It has got quite a bit easier this year since I'm wearing diabetic socks which dont restrict the blood flow as much. Try them, they're really comfy and do work. This has happened for the almost exactly the same for the last 3 to 4 years.
What do you wear on your feet around the house? I can’t walk on carpet it’s that bad, so I wear sliders from bed to the loo in the night. In the day, slippers.

What do you wear on your feet around the house? I can’t walk on carpet it’s that bad, so I wear sliders from bed to the loo in the night. In the day, slippers.
Crocs or similar. I usually wear diabetic socks during the day but take them off around the house in the evening. When bare foot the itching or ' feeling ' goes right down. Toes get a bit reddish in colour at the ends but this goes as time progesses.

Could it be a form of Fibromyalgia? Or an aversion to some medication?
My mum had Fibromyalgia before she passed away, very healthy for her age (died after a very short illness, Pulmonary Fibrosis) and now my 61 year old sister has it, neither were/are anywhere near having Diabetes. I’m no expert but just sharing their situations.

Some really insightful posts in reply to mine. I thank you all who have taken the time to respond and message.

This ageing man needs to start taking better care of himself.

*fucks off to order socks crocs*

It’s not gout. I had that years ago and they gave me allopurinol. The thing is I have the meds but when I ask is it time to stop they don’t give me any advice. I’m on metformin, allopurinol, blood pressure tabs and thiamine hydrochloride. 5 tablets a day in total.
Yes put me on the allopurinol of for more bloods on Tuesday see if it's had any effect

Yes put me on the allopurinol of for more bloods on Tuesday see if it's had any effect
It’s a b12 supplement. They only ever say I’m pre diabetic but give me the meds I’ve said above to take. They’ve changed the test now too to birthday date, so by the time my next diabetic check is due I’ll be 18 months since last one. The help from the GP is a Joke.

Type 2 here.
Been pre type 2 for some time. I lost nearly four stone and it went away.
Due to surgery and not being able to run, i've put two stone back on.
I resisted tablets in the past. I just don't like having to take tablets everyday.
Had other issues over Xmas, and Type 2 popped back into the mix. This time i agreed to medication. (although i'm currently losing weight again anyway)

What an idiot i've been!
Because i've suffered low B12 for years, i just assumed my relentless fatigue over the last two years was down to that.
I wrongly assumed my H.Pylori had come back, and like in the past, my B12 had dropped again.
I had two tests for H.Pylori and both were negative. And although not perfect, my B12 was also within range.

Because i was so ill since Xmas (not related), i was more willing to try anything. I wrongly assumed i would have to do blood tests daily and adjust my meds etc.
NOPE!, just two Metformin in the morning, two in the evening.
Apart from a month of "New Delhi belly" while i got used to them, they have been amazing!

Honestly, i have never felt so energetic in years. I'm ploughing through my work jobs.
My other ongoing issues are still holding me back, but fatigue isn't one of them.

They have worked so well, i'm now worried they might reduce or take me off them if my weight and bloods test come back good!
I have to assume, by that point i shouldn't need them.
But for now, all i can say is wow...(and what an idiot for refusing them years ago)

Type 2 here.
Been pre type 2 for some time. I lost nearly four stone and it went away.
Due to surgery and not being able to run, i've put two stone back on.
I resisted tablets in the past. I just don't like having to take tablets everyday.
Had other issues over Xmas, and Type 2 popped back into the mix. This time i agreed to medication. (although i'm currently losing weight again anyway)

What an idiot i've been!
Because i've suffered low B12 for years, i just assumed my relentless fatigue over the last two years was down to that.
I wrongly assumed my H.Pylori had come back, and like in the past, my B12 had dropped again.
I had two tests for H.Pylori and both were negative. And although not perfect, my B12 was also within range.

Because i was so ill since Xmas (not related), i was more willing to try anything. I wrongly assumed i would have to do blood tests daily and adjust my meds etc.
NOPE!, just two Metformin in the morning, two in the evening.
Apart from a month of "New Delhi belly" while i got used to them, they have been amazing!

Honestly, i have never felt so energetic in years. I'm ploughing through my work jobs.
My other ongoing issues are still holding me back, but fatigue isn't one of them.

They have worked so well, i'm now worried they might reduce or take me off them if my weight and bloods test come back good!
I have to assume, by that point i shouldn't need them.
But for now, all i can say is wow...(and what an idiot for refusing them years ago)
They described Metformin to me as a drug from heaven. I think I’ll self diagnose myself back to 3 a day from my current 1. I can’t tell anymore if I’m fatigued or just old.

I remember when doctors were helpful. They’re anything but now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.