Did City ever have any Southern Hooligans?

cyberblue said:
tidyman said:
erast fandorin said:
Anyone remember Dave K from Leicester way,will be in his 50s now,very handy bloke and a gentleman,not seen him for years,used to see him every week before we moved to new ground

There's always a decent turn out from Leicester area, being going years.
Met up with them a few times when we played down there neck of the woods

Big Frank never used to miss a game.All the Leicester mob knew him!

spam1967 said:
I seen a coachload of Cheltenham and gloucester at the swamp for the 6-1 in the car ark at the end of the game brought back memories. You'd always clock the union jack, c and g branch at the back of the coach.

They were top lads them, in the 80's they'd take 1 or 2 coaches to games. You'd see them everywhere even insignificant home games on shit nights. They'd always put a du on if we took a coach and we were playing in the area. We were always trying to meet up with them at away games cos they always had a boozer sorted!

And like someone said they had some game lads.

Was with them on Saturday. I in touch with their organiser. Good bloke, sorted the pub we were at for before the game.

blue underpants said:
Dont know if this counts but i knew a lad nicknamed Diko..RIP..who was a bit of a city tearaway in the 70s, he moved to London at an early age and would meet up with all the lads every game down south, game as anybody never backed off esp against the rags.
Last time i saw him he had calmed down a lot and sadly died a few years ago, he is fondly missed by everybody who knew him, real top ladand a great blue

make no mistake about it dicko was the man!

i only know one or two who were as game as him.

luv you dyko. RIP.

sweynforkbeard said:
Many older fans will recall the three or four seasons in the mid 80s when there was a crew of seemingly sweet old ladies from the West Country who regularly took a mini bus to all City games. There weapons of choice were extra long knitting needles and hat pins. I remember some rag meatheads taking them on only to be rolled up in a tangled giant trap made of dozens of hair nets sewn together and then savagely prodded by the game game old gals. The Bristol Bad Biddies they called themselves - they disbanded when Enid their leader developed severe rheumatism and a couple of the others had varicose vein operations.

I heard that on the way to one game, the bus full of the 'Blue rinse knitting crew' was apprehended by the old bill, a patrol car pulled up alongside and shouted "Pull over". "no it's a cardigan" came the reply..!

pedigreeblue said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Many older fans will recall the three or four seasons in the mid 80s when there was a crew of seemingly sweet old ladies from the West Country who regularly took a mini bus to all City games. There weapons of choice were extra long knitting needles and hat pins. I remember some rag meatheads taking them on only to be rolled up in a tangled giant trap made of dozens of hair nets sewn together and then savagely prodded by the game game old gals. The Bristol Bad Biddies they called themselves - they disbanded when Enid their leader developed severe rheumatism and a couple of the others had varicose vein operations.

I heard that on the way to one game, the bus full of the 'Blue rinse knitting crew' was apprehended by the old bill, a patrol car pulled up alongside and shouted "Pull over". "no it's a cardigan" came the reply..!

There was that time a male streaker ran on the pitch at Maine Road. One of the Granny Guvnors had a stroke.

Just had a text off a mate apparently Del "the kit Kat kid" Cooper is holding firm in Dam square. Can always rely on the London blues!!!

citymad said:
Just had a text off a mate apparently Del "the kit Kat kid" Cooper is holding firm in Dam square. Can always rely on the London blues!!!
He just text me that it's proper old skool over there. Said he's just cracked Ervin "The Primula Ponce" De Vliegert from Ajax's noted Cheese Spread Squad.

spam1967 said:
blue underpants said:
Dont know if this counts but i knew a lad nicknamed Diko..RIP..who was a bit of a city tearaway in the 70s, he moved to London at an early age and would meet up with all the lads every game down south, game as anybody never backed off esp against the rags.
Last time i saw him he had calmed down a lot and sadly died a few years ago, he is fondly missed by everybody who knew him, real top ladand a great blue

make no mistake about it dicko was the man!

i only know one or two who were as game as him.

luv you dyko. RIP.
He was the man, me and Dicko only blues around Ordsall Salford area early 70s, had to run the gauntlet of scum fans every day, but like i said he would never back down.
RIP mate, still think about those days often, you would have loved the last few years, i know you will be tormenting Kippax Debbie as you used to do in life, say hello to Big Mal, Joe, and Mickey Doyle

strongbowholic said:
citymad said:
He just text me that it's proper old skool over there. Said he's just cracked Ervin "The Primula Ponce" De Vliegert from Ajax's noted Cheese Spread Squad.

oh Good God noooo! I've heard that 'Dairy' Lee Lubberstone from Millwall has gone over for the trouble. It'll be, 'Get your Ritz out for the lads,' from one lot, and, 'Tuc off,' from the others and it'll just spread from there.

sweynforkbeard said:
strongbowholic said:
citymad said:

oh Good God noooo! I've heard that 'Dairy' Lee Lubberstone from Millwall has gone over for the trouble. It'll be, 'Get your Ritz out for the lads,' from one lot, and, 'Tuc off,' from the others and it'll just spread from there.
Tell me about it. I fear the worst. Krafty fuckers these Dutch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.