Did City ever have any Southern Hooligans?

blue underpants said:
spam1967 said:
blue underpants said:
Dont know if this counts but i knew a lad nicknamed Diko..RIP..who was a bit of a city tearaway in the 70s, he moved to London at an early age and would meet up with all the lads every game down south, game as anybody never backed off esp against the rags.
Last time i saw him he had calmed down a lot and sadly died a few years ago, he is fondly missed by everybody who knew him, real top ladand a great blue

make no mistake about it dicko was the man!

i only know one or two who were as game as him.

luv you dyko. RIP.
He was the man, me and Dicko only blues around Ordsall Salford area early 70s, had to run the gauntlet of scum fans every day, but like i said he would never back down.
RIP mate, still think about those days often, you would have loved the last few years, i know you will be tormenting Kippax Debbie as you used to do in life, say hello to Big Mal, Joe, and Mickey Doyle

he'll be sat there with his can of breaker in his hand mate, don't worry blueunderpants!

you don't know how happy you'de made me mentioning dicko.

spike was one his top pals. i remember spike and dicko taking a coach to leeds in the 70's , slabs of concrete through roof an allsorts, spike was a rum **** as well back then.

nice one pal.

spam1967 said:
blue underpants said:
spam1967 said:
make no mistake about it dicko was the man!

i only know one or two who were as game as him.

luv you dyko. RIP.
He was the man, me and Dicko only blues around Ordsall Salford area early 70s, had to run the gauntlet of scum fans every day, but like i said he would never back down.
RIP mate, still think about those days often, you would have loved the last few years, i know you will be tormenting Kippax Debbie as you used to do in life, say hello to Big Mal, Joe, and Mickey Doyle

he'll be sat there with his can of breaker in his hand mate, don't worry blueunderpants!

spike was one his top pals. i remember spike and dicko taking a coach to leeds in the 70's , slabs of concrete through roof an allsorts, spike was a rum **** as well back then.

nice one pal.
His cans of breaker, i used to take the piss out of him for drinking that pisswater but he never bothered, any club in town there he was strutting his stuff on the dance floor can of breaker in hand, me and Daffy used to be in fits of laughter, but what a cool cool guy and top blue

blue underpants said:
spam1967 said:
blue underpants said:

nice one pal.
His cans of breaker, i used to take the piss out of him for drinking that pisswater but he never bothered, any club in town there he was strutting his stuff on the dance floor can of breaker in hand, me and Daffy used to be in fits of laughter, but what a cool cool guy and top blue

fuck me, not seen daffy for years!

got to admit i like reading these threads. I guess most of you are like me around 45-50 so were 10-25 at the time.

I look back and some things we did were stupid but it was a different era.

Some of the things that happened shaped my life and made me a much more confident person, I never look back ashamed as I never fought with anyone who didn't want it also.

There was one lad on the regular coach from Chaderton, Sportsmans Arms pub but can't remember his name wasn't the biggest but game as hell.

onceabluealways said:
got to admit i like reading these threads. I guess most of you are like me around 45-50 so were 10-25 at the time.

I look back and some things we did were stupid but it was a different era.

Some of the things that happened shaped my life and made me a much more confident person, I never look back ashamed as I never fought with anyone who didn't want it also.

There was one lad on the regular coach from Chaderton, Sportsmans Arms pub but can't remember his name wasn't the biggest but game as hell.

i know what you mean! that's the way it was, no drug's, just beer and city, the cyprus and rags. good day's man.

there was some young kid on a few pages back, really angry, calling us a mind of bunchless houli's bla bla bla.

could of done with him a few years ago in tight corners. lol.

blue underpants said:
Ian said:
BluePurgatory said:
Dont know why but these kind of posts make me cringe with embarassment the " Battle of London Bridge" FFS!
Don't read the posts then. Plenty of older Blues enjoy looking back at the old days.
Here here, well said that man

+1. Well said.
One of the names mentioned on this thread has had me thinking back many years,to a character i,d forgotten about..a big blue who was around when i first started watching city,lots of memories of city in the 80s.....all because i saw the name on this thread.happy days.

BluePurgatory said:
Ian said:
BluePurgatory said:
Dont know why but these kind of posts make me cringe with embarassment the " Battle of London Bridge" FFS!
Don't read the posts then. Plenty of older Blues enjoy looking back at the old days.

I will read and offer a opinion on what I like. Anyone who particpates or looks back with "fondness" on violence carried out for fun needs help. I am certain that some of those older blues who did partipate must now look back and cringe. Running around in gangs is so juvenile. You need to grow up.

fuck off.

erast fandorin said:
Anyone remember Dave K from Leicester way,will be in his 50s now,very handy bloke and a gentleman,not seen him for years,used to see him every week before we moved to new ground

Dave Kelly if I remember correctly. I lived in Nottingham in the late seventies and used to sometimes get on a coach to away games with the Leicester & Rugby lads. Top bloke. Remember City getting run ragged at Birmingham one season and he just stood there seemingly untouched and unphased by it all. Happy days.....

What these young kids dont realise today is that in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s you HAD to fight to survive at matches you had no choice, that was the aim of the opposition fans to literally kill maim or in scousers cases scar you.
There was no mobile phones in them days to ring your mates if you was outnumbered or cornered, you had to fight your way out of the situation and hope you came out unscathed, unfortunately i didnt on many an occasion and iv still got the capped teeth and scars and bumps on my lips to prove it.
Yes Spam Daffy is still knocking about bump into him every now and again and the first thing we say is wish Dicko was still here, Daffy is still Daffy he will never change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.