"Disappointing" attendances

To the City poster here it should not be disappointing attendances because this is the first and only one this season. Some City fans seem strangely eager to believe the crap being spouted by the media. Port Vale was 52,400, league games are sold out and even the CL group games against weak opposition are getting 50,000+. You gotta laugh at the reaction of the media and some City fans at just one disappointing attendance. I've seen other big clubs with loads of empty seats including United...lighten up folks.

The media/BBC have worked this well , they would take great pleasure if Pep quit in May and if they can get our own supporters on Pep's back with comments about attendances then the media are winning , whoever handles our clubs media affairs should be sacked , if they cannot pre-empt a question like this and instruct Pep to handle the reply with more diplomacy.We are probably the best run football club in europe , but this situation is amateurish , there should be some employees at the club getting the bullet in the morning.

Have you seen the clip? The clip I have seen Pep brings this up himself and the reporter responds to him saying ‘you weren’t happy with the number of fans?’

it’s nothing about preempting a question when the issue is raised by the manager himself

He does it at all the time, Karen. Sly digs, geeing up of the crowd when the team aren't playing well. It's all a bit weird especially as Barcelona isn't exactly a cauldron of noise.

Our ground is no worse than the other 19 Premier League grounds. Over-sanitised shite.
Maybe he thinkx it puts him in a bad light with the barca boys as well if the crowds are lower than he likes,from what he said tonite he hasnt put gelling with those of you go high up on his list of things to do

Real shame that Pep felt the need to raise it.

So many factors that can put punters off....cost, travel, trams, kick off times etc. Rather than a rallying cry, it seems devisive .
Part of the reason Liverpool are strong at home in Europe is because for European games their fans drive them on. We need a full house to do that against Utd.

Tbh who the fuck wants to go to these early Sunday kick offs? Absolutely grim, surely only a psychopath actually enjoys going to these early kick offs?
Game was boring at times but that was cos the red card and pen killed it, however most seemed to enjoy the game. The kids in the North Stand did. They made quite a lot of noise.

I'd prefer a 3pm KO on a Saturday of course.

Dear Mr Guardiola,

Yes we know 39,000 ain't the best attendance that we've had. Still, it's a lot better than what we used to get in most of the 80s!

Not everyone can afford yet another game no matter how cheap the tickets, with Christmas just a few weeks ago. We aren't all on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. This is the real world. If you want to chip in a few quid feel free, and maybe you could have a word about them cancelling the trains from Stockport and the anti-social 1pm kick off time. Otherwise best not to comment though, eh.

Just sayin'.

Thanks though for the footy.

Best regards,

Phil

Maybe he thinkx it puts him in a bad light with the barca boys as well if the crowds are lower than he likes,from what he said tonite he hasnt put gelling with those of you go high up on his list of things to do
Dear Mr Guardiola,

Yes we know 39,000 ain't the best attendance that we've had. Still, it's a lot better than what we used to get in most of the 80s!

Not everyone can afford yet another game no matter how cheap the tickets, with Christmas just a few weeks ago. We aren't all on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. This is the real world. If you want to chip in a few quid feel free, and maybe you could have a word about them cancelling the trains from Stockport and the anti-social 1pm kick off time. Otherwise best not to comment though, eh.

Just sayin'.

Thanks though for the footy.

Best regards,

Phil
You know what Phil I worked this morning and then had to rush back to get to the match with my three lads,to support the boys along with 40,000 other blues who made the effort, in the freezing cold only to be slagged off by our brilliant manager again. Don’t know about you but it’s getting a bit fucking tedious.

Just watch it back,pep talks about th fans first,spoon fed them

Yeah I don't know why people have been getting upset with journalists, in the BBC5 interview after the game I heard he brought it up himself out of the blue and he's mentioned it in his press conference as well so he brought it up multiple times.

He is clearly unhappy with it. I think today the clear out after 80 minutes was particularly visible and maybe that's what's pissed him off but at the same time he should perhaps ask Soriano why the stadium isn't full as it's his lot that set the prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.