Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:
The players have certainly bought into his philosophy of always playing to score, no signs of shutting the game down and killing time.
It cost us a point Sunday though.

No it didn't.
So we weren't pushing for a late winner then?
And yes I'm fully aware that a goalkeeping fuck up ultimately cost us the point.
But do you not think we were gambling on a winner instead of playing percentages?

Gaylord du Bois said:
Rammy Blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

No it didn't.
And yes I'm fully aware that a goalkeeping fuck up ultimately cost us the point.
But do you not think we were gambling on a winner instead of playing percentages?

No, not at all. MP played for the point in the last 20.

Rammy Blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Rammy Blue said:
No it didn't.

No, not at all. MP played for the point in the last 20.
We gave away possession deep in their half and conceded with a ball over the top. If we'd concentrated on keeping the ball then maybe the result may have worked out better for us.

Danamy said:
The players have certainly bought into his philosophy of always playing to score, no signs of shutting the game down and killing time.
Great result, but it was very easy so the players had no way of shutting the game down they didn't need to.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:

You can look at it which way you like but the game was there to win, we we're finishing the stronger team and just a hopeful punt up field and a fuck up cost us, shit happens.

The way I look at it with that mentality we'll gain more points than lose them, dont you think?

Danamy said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:

You can look at it which way you like but the game was there to win, we we're finishing the stronger team and just a hopeful punt up field and a fuck up cost us, shit happens.

The way I look at it with that mentality we'll gain more points than lose them, dont you think?
Away from home no chance, the hopeful punt as you call it has caught us out a few times, I don't see many other teams wanting to win major trophies being caught by the hopeful punt do you?

Danamy said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:

No I don't tbh.
I think there's a balance to be had between both approaches. You find that and its an extremely valuable commodity.
There are certain games we can go all in.on.but Sundays wasn't one imo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm mostly happy with where he's got it going but that was a mistake in my book.

FantasyIreland said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:

Do pipe down..... Anything for a dig.

That was individual error that hopefully two players have learnt from.

One played with confidence and even got a goal and the other was dropped. Was good to see Nastasic and Clichy playing with a bit less anxiety today.

FantasyIreland said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:

Do pipe down..... Anything for a dig.

That was individual error that hopefully two players have learnt from.
Who the fuck rattled your cage Fanny?
It was an observation not a dig, so stick that up your roid ravaged arse pseudo mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.