Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should definitely start a thread on if Mancini is to blame for our away form then ?

Seriously, doesn't matter if you wanted Mancini to stay/go/come back or not it has no bearing on the season now ! Everything that's going on now is the responsibility of those that are here now

OB1 said:
No doubt we will have some of the usual overreactions today.

Overall City dominated today. Sunderland barely had a sniff at goal in the game and their goal should not have stood: Milner was unquestionably fouled. Our shooting and final ball too often wasn't good enough, which is an old, old problem in games like this. We made 50 crosses today so we can't even be accused of just trying to walk the ball in.

I've seen complaints about the manager's team selection but that didn't lose us the game: a couple of poor referreing decisions did cost us.

The manager needs a solution to the away problems but he can't control referees, injuries and the need to rotate some players when the team faces so many games. He had them up and at it in the second half. He made the right half time sub; even if Garcia's withdrwal was enforced. Navas on and Milner to deeper central midfield was the right response.

4 shots on target, out of 24 is poor but 8 were blocked and most of them may well have been on target.

Seriously OB, read your post through as though someone else had written it.

Do you not think it just sounds like excuse after poor excuse?

Pellegrini...9 defeats out 10, on the spin, in the league with Malaga and City. Totlally clueless. Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland are not hard places to go to, their results prove it. It beggars belief that our owners support him.

OB1 said:

Overall City dominated today. Sunderland barely had a sniff at goal in the game and their goal should not have stood: Milner was unquestionably fouled. Our shooting and final ball too often wasn't good enough, which is an old, old problem in games like this. We made 50 crosses today so we can't even be accused of just trying to walk the ball in.

I've seen complaints about the manager's team selection but that didn't lose us the game: a couple of poor referreing decisions did cost us.

The manager needs a solution to the away problems but he can't control referees, injuries and the need to rotate some players when the team faces so many games. He had them up and at it in the second half. He made the right half time sub; even if Garcia's withdrwal was enforced. Navas on and Milner to deeper central midfield was the right response.

4 shots on target, out of 24 is poor but 8 were blocked and most of them may well have been on target.

Wasted on the foamers mate im afraid despite being 100% correct.

franksinatra said:
bobmcfc said:
BL2blue said:
Last 2 seasons : W 9 D 6 L 4, W10 D4 L 5
This seaon W1 D 1 L 4

And the only decent team we have played is Chelsea.

So yes. Mancini's away form was brilliant compared to this season's shambles.

Good stat find

Why did you not know it? . Or have you fallen for the anti Mancini propaganda also. I honestly thought it was just the usual suspects who had managed to delude themselves.

You are obviously not aware that I am a very big fan of Roberto Mancini.

Elanos_Right_Boot said:
Pellegrini...9 defeats out 10, on the spin, in the league with Malaga and City. Totlally clueless. Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland are not hard places to go to, their results prove it. It beggars belief that our owners support him.

If you read back on the thread I posted some stats on Pellegrini's away form. Apart from the season with Real it has always been wank, Malaga, Villareal and now City.

blueinsa said:
OB1 said:

4 shots on target, out of 24 is poor but 8 were blocked and most of them may well have been on target

Wasted on the foamers mate im afraid despite being 100% correct.

No need to panic guys, we're not playing bad, it's just that these blasted opposition defenders keep blocking our shots! Once we play a team with no defenders I'm sure we'll do fine!

franksinatra said:
bobmcfc said:
BL2blue said:
Last 2 seasons : W 9 D 6 L 4, W10 D4 L 5
This seaon W1 D 1 L 4

And the only decent team we have played is Chelsea.

So yes. Mancini's away form was brilliant compared to this season's shambles.

Good stat find

Why did you not know it? . Or have you fallen for the anti Mancini propaganda also. I honestly thought it was just the usual suspects who had managed to delude themselves.
Sunderland, Everton, Stoke, Liverpool all sides we struggled against consistently for three years with Mancini. He couldn't solve the problem hopefully Pellegrini can given time.

OB1 said:

Fucking hell mate, that's one hell of a blue tinted version of events. We were utterly woeful with absolutely zero passion and fight - Mannone only made one proper save.

It was a shocking selection and tactics. Yaya was exceptionally poor but at no point did MP push him forward, which to my mind is crazy.

Even in the 90th minute we still had 6 players back, Navas swung in a cross and we had ONE player in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.