Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a manager who wears the city badge with pride... has a good relationship with the fans... i think we need a ex city player as a city manager .. Someone we can connect too.. Never mind all these foreign managers who we keep hearing are the next best thing...

i say Uwe Rosler...

Before you slate me... dont forget where Poyet came from.

Blue Haze said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Fucking garbage. Not good enough. Really angry considering Mancini's sacking was largely political. We've bowed to played power, we have too many soft and entirely useless bastards devoid of a backbone with inflated egos. The whole premise of sacking Mancini was that he wasn't getting the best out of his squad, he was too harsh on the players, too autocratic. They needed a more genteel and affable manager with European pedigree. Well, we have that now, and we're fucking 8th in the league, and those usual suspects are still putting in gutless and shithouse performances away from home, albeit more frequently.

I would agree with this if Mancini hadn't bought or kept virtually all of the players who turned on him. You can't say he lacked a budget to replace those who didn't have backbone. He purchased some of the worst offenders.
In fairness Mancini really didnt get the backing we needed after the title winning season

rushts said:
Engineer? Fucking Engineer lol.

Engineer us a fucking away league win instead of sitting on your arse in the dugout shaking your head.

Engineer, I wouldn't trust you with a fucking Meccano set.

Haha!

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
He just seems particularly short of a clue.

I don't give a flying fuck about qualifying from the Champions League group stage, to be knocked out in the quarter finals. That does not represent progress when we're languishing in fucking 8th in the league. I want to see us compete domestically, what good is minor progress in Europe if it comes at total cost to our league campaign?

Who would've thought that after the easy start the fixture list handed us, that we'd be fucking 8th in the league by November?

Fucking garbage. Not good enough. Really angry considering Mancini's sacking was largely political. We've bowed to played power, we have too many soft and entirely useless bastards devoid of a backbone with inflated egos. The whole premise of sacking Mancini was that he wasn't getting the best out of his squad, he was too harsh on the players, too autocratic. They needed a more genteel and affable manager with European pedigree. Well, we have that now, and we're fucking 8th in the league, and those usual suspects are still putting in gutless and shithouse performances away from home, albeit more frequently.

Good rant Kippaxstreet. I second your comments!!

I'm growing to believe that much of our squad needed an autocratic figure. Soft, spineless egomaniacs.

Excuse the rant, but I'm pretty fucking pissed off at present.

Rammy Blue said:
Fair comment and I understand the injuries didn't help, however what disappointed me the most about MP today was that he picked the "safe" side when it cried out for a bit of invention. Change the shape, keep the same fullbacks instead of rotating, replace Silv's guile with Navas' pace - all simple stuff that I expected the manager to do. Instead he just hopes that Sergio and Beast can work their magic. As I said earlier, it also irritates me that he doesn't change the shape mid-match, he does like for like subs and sits there motionless watching the game. It doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm not sold on Navas, and to be honest, I'm actually quite happy to Pellegrini has been brave enough to leave out one of his big money signings - it gives me hope that he's got a bit more steel than he shows publicly.

100% agree on the reluctance/refusal/inability to effectively change the pattern of the game.

And although this is in no way a tactical criticism, I was really annoyed that he didn't get Pantilimon forward for the free kick and corner at the end. Mancini would have dragged him there by the scruff of the neck.

For me we lack that borderline insane desire to win we had previously. It just doesn't seem like it hurts as much any more, so it's more 'okay' to lose.

Whether the players would fight for Mancini or to avoid a Mancini Howitzer blast I don't care - at least they fought and it hurt.

Of course that's from the outside looking in - they may be rioting in the dressing room, who knows.

OB1 said:
Danielmanc said:
OB1 said:
Pellegrini inherited a team that was having problems away from home. He has a mental problem in his players that he has to find a solution to.

The £90m people keep referring to was to replace Tevez, Balotelli, Barry, Kolo and Sinclair.

"Pellegrini inherited a team that was having problems away from home" and has made us worse !
What was worse about today's 1-0 defeat to Sunderland, to a goal that shoudn't have stood, to the three 1-0 defeats under Mancini?

You're beginning to sound a bit desperate to be honest - Mancini is irrelevant now. Fact is that Pelle has lead us to defeats at the football powerhouses of Cardiff, Aston Villa, and Sunderland although he did scrape a draw at Stoke

I'm obviously not happy with our League position but I'm surprisingly calm about the whole situation.

We've been far from lucky with the timing of injuries to key personnel which hasn't helped, we need to get them back and find some continuity.

flb said:
Manuel is proving to be a clueless ****- anyone who chooses Garcia over Milner to start away versus a team scrapping for there lives has lost the fucking plot.

Milner started?

(and was shit).

OB1 said:
Danielmanc said:
OB1 said:
Pellegrini inherited a team that was having problems away from home. He has a mental problem in his players that he has to find a solution to.

The £90m people keep referring to was to replace Tevez, Balotelli, Barry, Kolo and Sinclair.

"Pellegrini inherited a team that was having problems away from home" and has made us worse !
What was worse about today's 1-0 defeat to Sunderland, to a goal that shoudn't have stood, to the three 1-0 defeats under Mancini?

What is worse is the cumulative results under Pellegrinis management. We have already lost four games in six this year compared to four in total last year away from home. The last three years we battered Sunderland but those critical of Mancini never factored this when judging him so I am not sure those rules should apply now. Our problems away from home resulted in 33 and 34 points out of a possible 57 over the last two seasons. Not four out of eighteen as it currently stands.

OB1 said:
Danielmanc said:
OB1 said:

The cliche that football is a results business is there for a reason, however if Pellegrini was sacked i wouldn't be too confident that the next guy would do any better with this squad, we have spent lots of money on average players and i haven't a clue who is to blame for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.