Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue2112 said:
Its gonna all end up well in three years when Pep rocks up. MP is only keeping the seat warm as the two Spanish geezers upstairs have got it all mapped out. The grand opening of the academy as Pep signs on the dotted line. Only thing that worries me is will he be taking over a mid-table mediocrity outfit by then.

Why on earth would he want to come ? He is with a team that are better than us in all departments

We need a manager who wants to become the best manager in the world! We need that kind of spirit in the club, a manager that wants to win everything, every game, beat every other manager and not stop at anything. Whether MP is that guy, is still to be seen.

thenabster said:
We need a manager who wants to become the best manager in the world! We need that kind of spirit in the club, a manager that wants to win everything, every game, beat every other manager and not stop at anything. Whether MP is that guy, is still to be seen.

We had one!

joshsimsolo88 said:
We need a manager who wears the city badge with pride... has a good relationship with the fans... i think we need a ex city player as a city manager .. Someone we can connect too.. Never mind all these foreign managers who we keep hearing are the next best thing...

i say Uwe Rosler...

Before you slate me... dont forget where Poyet came from.

i think our hierarchy see vierra as that man and i think mancini and pelligrini both, were always meant to be temporaries for the club. vierra has learned and worked under some of the best out there... it'll be interesting to see how he ties in everything he's learned into a coaching style of his own, or if he even has what it takes... anybody who follows his EDs closely buy into him being a potential candidate in 2-3 years?

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
rastus said:
Blue Haze said:
I would agree with this if Mancini hadn't bought or kept virtually all of the players who turned on him. You can't say he lacked a budget to replace those who didn't have backbone. He purchased some of the worst offenders.
In fairness Mancini really didnt get the backing we needed after the title winning season

Correct. And there's no way Mancini made those signings in the summer... he wanted RVP, he made it clear on numerous occasions. The board were very quiet before the season even started.

Rodwell, Wright, Sinclair, Maicon, Nastasic, Garcia whilst Balotelli and De Jong went out. That is disgraceful transfer business... the only decent signing to come out of it all was Nastasic.

He went to Milan and spoke to Galliani too, but denied it was about players, rumour was he asked about Ibra and Thiago Silva who shortly after denying they were for sale, both rocked up at PSG. I think Mancini knew we needed to improve the squad, but set the targets too high, we could never have afforded the wages for these two and van Persie, but Mancini wanted top players and tried to get them in. I don't think the club worked witht he manager, and that was the big problem. We needed to do last year what we did this and trim the wage bill, but bring in some good (but cheaper wage wise) players. I think we will be stronger after Jan, but it may be too late then to win the league, and top four may be drifting by then too.

Blue Haze said:
Hire Simeone if we sack Pellegrini. He's won 15 points out of 18 away from home, where he's perfect. And he's 12 points from 12 in the CL.

What makes you think he'd even come? Is no one else worried that we've ended up with another second tier manager because none of the top tier ones want to come?

Are we really going to get Pep? Or will we be getting in the best of the rest, once Real, Barca, Bayern and the like have had their pick?

Admittedly a good run in Europe is what could change all of it. Punch deep into that competition and we'd be in a much better position (as long as we still finish top 3 in the league!)

Blue Haze said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Fucking garbage. Not good enough. Really angry considering Mancini's sacking was largely political. We've bowed to played power, we have too many soft and entirely useless bastards devoid of a backbone with inflated egos. The whole premise of sacking Mancini was that he wasn't getting the best out of his squad, he was too harsh on the players, too autocratic. They needed a more genteel and affable manager with European pedigree. Well, we have that now, and we're fucking 8th in the league, and those usual suspects are still putting in gutless and shithouse performances away from home, albeit more frequently.

I would agree with this if Mancini hadn't bought or kept virtually all of the players who turned on him. You can't say he lacked a budget to replace those who didn't have backbone. He purchased some of the worst offenders.

Mancini had identified who the cunts were, and given this summer, would've shipped them out.

Instead, Pellegrini has splashed the cash, and the cretins remain. We'll have a year of transition, with Pellegrini trying to get to grip with the cretins, and identify those who need disposing of.

If we'd had just backed Mancini in the first place, this wouldn't be causing us issues now. Fuck, if we'd backed him two summers ago it wouldn't be causing us problems now, and we'd probably have a couple more honours to our name too.

Mismanagement from top to bottom. It's blasphemous on here, but I'd go as far as saying Khaldoon has to look at himself.

Mancini was his man. He needed backing, or sacking if you're that way inclined, in 2012 after we'd won the title. Instead, Mancini was given a new contract as a token gesture, and given a tuppence towards securing our status and building on the title. We had a relatively difficult season, the manager being undermined by players, and eventually the boardroom, where eventually news broke that our new director of football had been meeting with the manager of another football club in public, in a high profile restaurant - in the build up to an FA Cup final no less.

Excuse me for being critical, but the problems, the miscalculations and mismanagement are afflicting us at boardroom also.

I appreciate the changes we're making, the much maligned 'holistic' approach, but is it being handled correctly? Is the director of football model right, for us?

I don't know the answers, and I'm extremely grateful that we're light years ahead of where we were once all accustomed to. I just wish that we didn't have such upheaval at a stage when we had the opportunity to really capitalise on our rivals weaknesses.

Hardly Pellegrini's fault we have to rely on players of an insufficent standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth.

A man can only work with the tools(very apt for some) at his disposal.

We just cant compensate for the loss of our key men,and i include Fernandinho in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.