Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesy said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hardly Pellegrini's fault we have to rely on players of an insufficent standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth.

A man can only work with the tools(very apt for some) at his disposal.

We just cant compensate for the loss of our key men,and i include Fernandinho in those.

Sounding increasingly desperate FI :)

How do you explain the difference between home & away form when it's the same bunch of players? Those players of "an insufficient standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth." seem to be doing fine at home.

The big difference is in the players' heads.

OB1 said:
Cheesy said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hardly Pellegrini's fault we have to rely on players of an insufficent standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth.

We just cant compensate for the loss of our key men,and i include Fernandinho in those.

How do you explain the difference between home & away form when it's the same bunch of players? Those players of "an insufficient standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth." seem to be doing fine at home.

Not sure you can convince anyone about the positives, there are none.

bobmcfc said:
OB1 said:
Cheesy said:

Not sure you can convince anyone about the positives, there are none.

Facts speak for themselves - The Scum are 5th and we are 8th. If Pelle is making Wee Davey look good then we are well and truly screwed

OB1 said:
Cheesy said:
FantasyIreland said:

OK, so if we say that's true, who's job is it to instill the correct mentality into the players heads?

“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me."

Pelle.

Cheesy said:
FantasyIreland said:

If nothing else today showed me how important Dinho is to our side, he dictates the urgency and tempo of our play, connecting defence to attack.

Garcia is out of his depth in that role and the game just passes him by without him having any effect on it whatsoever, Yaya also doesn't look himself next to him either.

The big difference is that we have forgotten how to defend. We are conceding far too many goals. We have had injuries that haven't helped but the defending has been woeful. First thing RM did when he landed was tighten up the defence, first thing MP has done is throw out all the hard work that was done that had us with the meanest defence over the past 3 years. New system shouldn't be affecting the defence as much as it has been doing, it's just a very easy excuse for people to use.

I feel sick. Cant accept this performances. Our away record will cost us and maybe we will be opefully at least 2nd or 3rd in the league but I am sure we will say then it could have been won if we dont fuck up at places like Cardiff, Sunderland etc...

And IF our away record doesnt start to improve (dont care about style, display etc just simple wins and 3 points) Top 4 is in serious danger what is unreal couldnt imagine it before the season.

So far the only positive change since Mancini era is the CL, we are trough to the next round finally. But that happened in a very easy group, Plzen is beaten by everyone in the group, while CSKA proved lot weaker than I expected from Russan champions. Maybe Mancini would get us trough as last two groups were really harder with a tough Napoli and last time Real/Dortmund...

For me the CL is only a real improvement if we dont lose out instantly in the 1/16 finals but we get to the last 8 at least or better. Then we can call it real upgrade in CL.
But if we get Real/Barca/Atletico in 1/16 final and we lose, well than we are lucky we didnt get them instead of CSKA in the group...

But what about the league? Is 4th place and 1/16 finals of CL enough for Soriano? For me its not enough its a joke.

This away form really makes me angry, we faced shit relegation zone teams mostly. Yet to travel to Soton, Swansea, Everton (bogey team), Liverpool (last win at Anfield?), Arsenal, MU (we can win but lose also), Spurs etc.
Apart from Chelsea the hardest away games yet to come.

Pellegrini is lucky we had a piss easy CL group, that'll keep him in a job for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.