Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielmanc said:
Blue2112 said:
Its gonna all end up well in three years when Pep rocks up. MP is only keeping the seat warm as the two Spanish geezers upstairs have got it all mapped out. The grand opening of the academy as Pep signs on the dotted line. Only thing that worries me is will he be taking over a mid-table mediocrity outfit by then.

Why on earth would he want to come ? He is with a team that are better than us in all departments

I was kind of being sarcastic (although in truth I do believe there's more than a hint of truth in it) as we've gone down this ticky tacky holistic Spanish style football approach and with the two canny Spaniards on the board they're bound to be pulling a few strings with their unlimited influence in the game and being Bessie mates with Pep then Manuel is merely paving the way for the inevitable ;-)

Also what's with the average team talks. Great managers have average players and get the best out of them. Rodgers has made Henderson a very good player. Liverpool has a shittier side than ours. What about Arsenal? Flamini and Rosicky. Chelsea have no strike force and no good cm but are probably going to win the league. So let's cut it with the average players talk. A great manager would get our team unbeatable with the personnel we have.

franksinatra said:
OB1 said:
Danielmanc said:
"Pellegrini inherited a team that was having problems away from home" and has made us worse !
What was worse about today's 1-0 defeat to Sunderland, to a goal that shoudn't have stood, to the three 1-0 defeats under Mancini?

What is worse is the cumulative results under Pellegrinis management. We have already lost four games in six this year compared to four in total last year away from home. The last three years we battered Sunderland but those critical of Mancini never factored this when judging him so I am not sure those rules should apply now. Our problems away from home resulted in 33 and 34 points out of a possible 57 over the last two seasons. Not four out of eighteen as it currently stands.

The cumulative results aren't good enough but we have a new manager, who did inherit some issues that he needs to solve, and what he needs to do is show progress. There will be ups and downs in performance. People have criticised the defending but there was nothing meaningful to complain about in today's defending. At the other end, we had a higher than average shot count. Lots of crosses and corners.

The manager did not cock-up today. His team selection was reasonable given the injuries and mid week game. FFS I've seen people complaining that he picked Micah.

Tactics and team selection did not cost us today. The way he wants the team to play was not the problem today.

If I thought Pellegrini was on the wrong track are making too many errors - he will make some - I would say so. Oh, and I have defended Mancini after Sunderland games in the past.

What Pellegrini has to do is get his team to play with the belief in themselves they are showing at home away from home. Easier said than done.

Rammy Blue said:
It's only irritation at today's performance mate, I'd just say that if we have a 100% home record then it has to be the best in the league.
Unless another team also had a 100% record but had a better goal difference.

pedant_banner.png

FantasyIreland said:
Hardly Pellegrini's fault we have to rely on players of an insufficent standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth.

A man can only work with the tools(very apt for some) at his disposal.

We just cant compensate for the loss of our key men,and i include Fernandinho in those.

so cardiff, villa and sunderland all have better players than city? or is it a management/tactic issue?

FantasyIreland said:
Hardly Pellegrini's fault we have to rely on players of an insufficent standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth.

We just cant compensate for the loss of our key men,and i include Fernandinho in those.

Sounding increasingly desperate FI :)

How do you explain the difference between home & away form when it's the same bunch of players? Those players of "an insufficient standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth." seem to be doing fine at home.

burning blue soul said:
FantasyIreland said:

so cardiff, villa and sunderland all have better players than city? or is it a management/tactic issue?

We lost to Villa at home in the cup last season too, and also lost away to Sunderland in the league. So all in all it's not too different from last season is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.