Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
Looking at that table is fucking depressing

It is but on the other hand it shows that if we can actually get a win away from home and string that in with a couple of home wins then we could be top in no time.

Wasted opportunity today but we remain in the title race. Our away results are not good enough but the recent performances have been better than the results. The room for future error is diminishing.

Cobwebcat said:
“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me."

Pelle.

Fucking hell, I hate reading shit like that.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Blue Haze said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Fucking garbage. Not good enough. Really angry considering Mancini's sacking was largely political. We've bowed to played power, we have too many soft and entirely useless bastards devoid of a backbone with inflated egos. The whole premise of sacking Mancini was that he wasn't getting the best out of his squad, he was too harsh on the players, too autocratic. They needed a more genteel and affable manager with European pedigree. Well, we have that now, and we're fucking 8th in the league, and those usual suspects are still putting in gutless and shithouse performances away from home, albeit more frequently.

I would agree with this if Mancini hadn't bought or kept virtually all of the players who turned on him. You can't say he lacked a budget to replace those who didn't have backbone. He purchased some of the worst offenders.

Mancini had identified who the ***** were, and given this summer, would've shipped them out.

Instead, Pellegrini has splashed the cash, and the cretins remain. We'll have a year of transition, with Pellegrini trying to get to grip with the cretins, and identify those who need disposing of.

If we'd had just backed Mancini in the first place, this wouldn't be causing us issues now. Fuck, if we'd backed him two summers ago it wouldn't be causing us problems now, and we'd probably have a couple more honours to our name too.

Mismanagement from top to bottom. It's blasphemous on here, but I'd go as far as saying Khaldoon has to look at himself.

Mancini was his man. He needed backing, or sacking if you're that way inclined, in 2012 after we'd won the title. Instead, Mancini was given a new contract as a token gesture, and given a tuppence towards securing our status and building on the title. We had a relatively difficult season, the manager being undermined by players, and eventually the boardroom, where eventually news broke that our new director of football had been meeting with the manager of another football club in public, in a high profile restaurant - in the build up to an FA Cup final no less.

Excuse me for being critical, but the problems, the miscalculations and mismanagement are afflicting us at boardroom also.

I appreciate the changes we're making, the much maligned 'holistic' approach, but is it being handled correctly? Is the director of football model right, for us?

I don't know the answers, and I'm extremely grateful that we're light years ahead of where we were once all accustomed to. I just wish that we didn't have such upheaval at a stage when we had the opportunity to really capitalise on our rivals weaknesses.

100% correct on all accounts.
However the blinkered, vocal minority on here will shout you down....

Jimfv1 said:
burning blue soul said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hardly Pellegrini's fault we have to rely on players of an insufficent standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth.

A man can only work with the tools(very apt for some) at his disposal.

We just cant compensate for the loss of our key men,and i include Fernandinho in those.

so cardiff, villa and sunderland all have better players than city? or is it a management/tactic issue?

We lost to Villa at home in the cup last season too, and also lost away to Sunderland in the league. So all in all it's not too different from last season is it ?

Just look how bad it really is...

35jmn8l.jpg

Don't just look at our away form though, take a really good look at the home from of the teams we've struggled against.

Danamy said:
Cheesy said:
FantasyIreland said:
Hardly Pellegrini's fault we have to rely on players of an insufficent standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth.

A man can only work with the tools(very apt for some) at his disposal.

We just cant compensate for the loss of our key men,and i include Fernandinho in those.

Sounding increasingly desperate FI :)

How do you explain the difference between home & away form when it's the same bunch of players? Those players of "an insufficient standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth." seem to be doing fine at home.

If nothing else today showed me how important Dinho is to our side, he dictates the urgency and tempo of our play, connecting defence to attack.

Garcia is out of his depth in that role and the game just passes him by without him having any effect on it whatsoever, Yaya also doesn't look himself next to him either.
We can't keep using the same excuse mate,he's missing & so is he
Every team has injurys,we've the best squad in the prem aparently
We've just been tonked again by the worst side in the league
It's just fucking embarrassing AGAIN!

Cobwebcat said:
“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me."

Pelle.

So he finally admits to being worried

Maybe he had a recurring nightmare about an interminable queue of black cabs

Cheesy said:
OB1 said:
Cheesy said:
Sounding increasingly desperate FI :)

How do you explain the difference between home & away form when it's the same bunch of players? Those players of "an insufficient standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth." seem to be doing fine at home.

The big difference is in the players' heads.

OK, so if we say that's true, who's job is it to instill the correct mentality into the players heads?

The manager and, as I said in another post , that is easier said then done; especially when you have games like today where a goal that should have been disallowed costs you another away game. Each away defeat makes it harder to build confidence but, I repeat, MP inherited a team that lacked confidence away from home.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
The big difference is that we have forgotten how to defend. We are conceding far too many goals. We have had injuries that haven't helped but the defending has been woeful. First thing RM did when he landed was tighten up the defence, first thing MP has done is throw out all the hard work that was done that had us with the meanest defence over the past 3 years. New system shouldn't be affecting the defence as much as it has been doing, it's just a very easy excuse for people to use.

Was the defence the main problem today though ? Fact is that we (for all of our supposed attacking power) couldn't score one single goal against Sunderland (until today, the worst defence in the league)

OB1 said:
Cheesy said:
OB1 said:
The big difference is in the players' heads.

OK, so if we say that's true, who's job is it to instill the correct mentality into the players heads?

The manager and, as I said in another post , that is easier said then done; especially when you have games like today where a goal that should have been disallowed costs you another away game. Each away defeat makes it harder to build confidence but, I repeat, MP inherited a team that lacked confidence away from home.

MP inherited a team that had the 5th best away record in the Premier League last season. I'd suggest that shows that they weren't exactly terrified of playing away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.