Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
Cobwebcat said:
“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me."

Pelle.

I think he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Yep,his post match analysis has pissed me off even more. Just shut up and get it sorted.

MP inherited a team that lacked confidence away from home.

That can be true but also inherited a team that made 33 and 34 points away from home last two seasons with a manager the players hated, and didnt want to play under him if those reoports are true.

All he needed to imrove on it maybe or at least reach the same as he is a manager the players love, the dressing room is happy told by players, Txiki etc.

And then we are here now and hope we will make at least 25 or 30 points away from home but given the fact the real hard away fixtures are yet to be played 30 points is very optimistic now.
And he inherited a team that did more than this. Without Fernandinho, Negredo, Navas etc.

Mancini had his problems, weak spots, man management issues, tactical blunders, CL suckouts, but Pellegrini came in the team cant defend, and cant win away from home.

jake28 said:
The cookie monster said:
Cobwebcat said:
“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me."

Pelle.

I think he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Yep,his post match analysis has pissed me off even more. Just shut up and get it sorted.

He's sounding more like Mark Hughes with every post defeat interview

Danielmanc said:
The truth is that we will totally dominate any team that comes to The Etihad and bends over for us - Newcastle, Norwich etc. When we leave our home ground and play any side that has grit and determination (that has any balls really) the team can't cope and Pelle looks a little like a scared old man who is unable to influence events

Im getting fed up of him just sitting there, head in hands and looking at the floor.

I don't necessarily want histrionics on the touchline but at least get up off your arse and encourage the team on FFS.

The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:
Cheesy said:
Sounding increasingly desperate FI :)

How do you explain the difference between home & away form when it's the same bunch of players? Those players of "an insufficient standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth." seem to be doing fine at home.

If nothing else today showed me how important Dinho is to our side, he dictates the urgency and tempo of our play, connecting defence to attack.

Garcia is out of his depth in that role and the game just passes him by without him having any effect on it whatsoever, Yaya also doesn't look himself next to him either.
We can't keep using the same excuse mate,he's missing & so is he
Every team has injurys,we've the best squad in the prem aparently
We've just been tonked again by the worst side in the league
It's just fucking embarrassing AGAIN!

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy like the next man but I'm looking at the facts and we're only SIX points off the top, I'm sorry but that's not enough for me to start getting hysterical and asking for the manager to be sacked like some are on the forum.

I'm happy to be patient and see how the season unfolds, I still believe we'll win it, if we end up winning fuck all then he'll feel the heat just like the last manager did.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Cobwebcat said:

Pelle.

So he finally admits to being worried

Maybe he had a recurring nightmare about an interminable queue of black cabs

He needs to realise that the Premiership really is a different league. At home no team rolls over for you and you can't just turn up, play exactly the same and expect to win because you have better players.

Teams know we will come forward and that we make at least one bad defensive blunder a game so everyone parks the bus and waits for the mistake then they hang on with the home crowd being their 12th man. Away from home we have to be cleverer than this.

I'm worried because Pelle is worried and he hasn't learnt yet. I'm also quite surprised as he was so confident the Premiership was just like all the other leagues. It isn't the fans drive home teams on and don't wait for defeat from superior players.

Cheesy said:
OB1 said:
Cheesy said:
OK, so if we say that's true, who's job is it to instill the correct mentality into the players heads?

The manager and, as I said in another post , that is easier said then done; especially when you have games like today where a goal that should have been disallowed costs you another away game. Each away defeat makes it harder to build confidence but, I repeat, MP inherited a team that lacked confidence away from home.

MP inherited a team that had the 5th best away record in the Premier League last season. I'd suggest that shows that they weren't exactly terrified of playing away from home.

He inherited a squad that won the title the season before last, and that had 'underperformed' in finishing second last season. We've had an (alledged) upgrade of manager, and Negredo, Navas, Ferdandinho, Jovetic and De Michelis have been added in a transfer window hailed by most on here (not me) as being the best transfer window of any of the title contenders. The guy has us sat in 8th, having lost against several sides that we should be beating comfortably. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Anyone who suggests otherwise is deluding themselves.

BillyShears said:
Was baffled by the team selection today. Can't really have any other complaints. He made the right changes at half time.

Beyond that being six points off Arsenal and the top means it was a let off. Nothing's really changed with Chelsea drawing as well.

Really don't understand all the histrionics. Saying we're out of the title race is just daft.

The histrionics maybe over the top slightly.However even pellers biggest supporters must accede that to carry on losing away games against poor sides will see us out of the race for the title.
Getting us into the knockout rounds of the champions league after us having a kind group draw won't cut it either.

adrianr said:
Blue Haze said:
Hire Simeone if we sack Pellegrini. He's won 15 points out of 18 away from home, where he's perfect. And he's 12 points from 12 in the CL.

What makes you think he'd even come? Is no one else worried that we've ended up with another second tier manager because none of the top tier ones want to come?

Are we really going to get Pep? Or will we be getting in the best of the rest, once Real, Barca, Bayern and the like have had their pick?

Admittedly a good run in Europe is what could change all of it. Punch deep into that competition and we'd be in a much better position (as long as we still finish top 3 in the league!)

We've got to finish in the top four first for a good run in Europe to count. That's not going to be easy either not if we keep up this form. As the league is very strong this year and I'd say there are seven teams that are realistically going to fight it out for the CL places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.