Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
But that is the whole point. If we had serious title pretensions we would have beaten Sunderland and now be 3 points behind the gooners.

Oh right ... so at 3 points behind Arsenal we have serious title aspiration but at 6 points behind after an away game we don't?

I'm definitely worried about the away form, but I've got faith in Pellegrini and the players to sort it. Being 6 points behind isn't the end of the world at this point in the season.

I knew you'd say that. Sure one game is nothing. But it is the accumulating evidence that is damning and yes winning today's game and going third would have sent a message to all the others. It is a bit like the best tennis players raising their level when the pressure is at its most intense.

And although I enjoyed the CSKA game the other day there was no point at which we looked like we could say " OK we have a two goal lead lets shut up shop". We basically look like Newcastle under Keegan.

You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

The 1 decision above all that I could not fathom was taking off Negredo and bringing on Dzeko.

Unless Negredo was injured / knackered then we should have kept him on, brought Dzeko on and gone 3 at the back.

We had 2 centre halves marking no fucker.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Oh right ... so at 3 points behind Arsenal we have serious title aspiration but at 6 points behind after an away game we don't?

I'm definitely worried about the away form, but I've got faith in Pellegrini and the players to sort it. Being 6 points behind isn't the end of the world at this point in the season.

I knew you'd say that. Sure one game is nothing. But it is the accumulating evidence that is damning and yes winning today's game and going third would have sent a message to all the others. It is a bit like the best tennis players raising their level when the pressure is at its most intense.

And although I enjoyed the CSKA game the other day there was no point at which we looked like we could say " OK we have a two goal lead lets shut up shop". We basically look like Newcastle under Keegan.

You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

I can't see him being here too much longer tbh. Your man is on a tightrope and if the fans are less than impressed then imagine what the owner is thinking

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:

it could be a turning point Billy

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:

December? seems fair enough can you maybe make a note and remind us so we know when we can post again?

andypandy said:
The 1 decision above all that I could not fathom was taking off Negredo and bringing on Dzeko.

Unless Negredo was injured / knackered then we should have kept him on, brought Dzeko on and gone 3 at the back.

We had 2 centre halves marking no fucker.

Agreed a defender should have come off. This manager is really starting to worry me.

bobmcfc said:
BillyShears said:
robbieh said:

I can't see him being here too much longer tbh. Your man is on a tightrope and if the fans are less than impressed then imagine what the owner is thinking

Still got a great chance of winning the title, still got a great chance of winning the league cup, still got a great chance of progressing in the CL,still got a great chance of the FA cup..

Yep.get rid pelles a twat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.