Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Nothing to worry about.

We have only just recovered from winning a crunch Champions League match, on the back of a thumping win over Norwich, having lost Silva and Fernandinho in the build up, playing against a rejuvenated Sunderland...

They sucker-punched us then parked the team bus... it happens.

Our away form will improve itself naturally as the team and management gels.

Will it improve though?
Of course.

We're playing a whole new expansive style of attacking football.

It's one thing to play it in front of your home fans, on a large pitch you're familiar with, another thing completely playing it on a smaller pitch, possibly one that you've never played on before, with hoardes of opposition fans screaming at you to fail at every given opportunity. It takes time to develop the level of team understanding and unity needed for that.

Before too long we'll be consistently crushing teams away just like we are at home.

Reading a lot of talk that Pellegrini doesn't understand the PL but no mentions of what it is exactly he doesn't understand.............

The football here is just sooo unique............

AndyPandy...spot on. We were never troubled down the left. Lescott's left footed. With half an hour to go we could go three up top and press them back. Instead Pelle takes the easy route, like-for-like substitutions which hardly strengthened us. Poor tactics are hurting us,same at Villa and same at Cardiff

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
But that is the whole point. If we had serious title pretensions we would have beaten Sunderland and now be 3 points behind the gooners.

Oh right ... so at 3 points behind Arsenal we have serious title aspiration but at 6 points behind after an away game we don't?

I'm definitely worried about the away form, but I've got faith in Pellegrini and the players to sort it. Being 6 points behind isn't the end of the world at this point in the season.

Billy genuine question can you outline for me just what your hanging your faith on with him to get the away form right and how he's going to go about it? 4pts out of 18 and today showed me he's learnt absolutely sweet FA from the previous five league games including the one solitary win. I looked at him sat on the bench with his head down and he looked absolutely clueless, indeed if it was Moyes there'd be a 50 page thread by now laughing at him. If it was Hughes we'd be saying he hasn't got a clue tactically - Obviously - and if it was Mancini we'd be sat hear now saying it's clear for all to see he's lost the dressing room. It's damn easy to tag on throwaway lines that fit the right manager and if enough people say it then it becomes fact.

One away defeat to Cardiff in their first home game well it would be understandable, Stoke well we never win there and so it was a point gained, Villa we eased the pain with they only three shots and sored three lucky goals it wont happen again and we put it down to individual errors that will be ironed out on the training pitch whilst Chelsea saw Joe Hart becoming the fall guy. All very true and easily explained away until today when all the above was played out in those 90mins. The new manager understandably gets his win, individual errors cost us the goal, they probably only had one shot and scored one goal and Garcia is this weeks fall guy.

It's all too predictable from MP he didn't do anything that I thought was off the cuff, unpredictable and might catch the opposition off guard. We were slow and narrow and pedestrian like in the first 45mins when we should have been stretching them whilst the second half from the outset they put eleven men behind the ball and we had no idea how to fathom our way through it. Time after time just throwing poor quality crosses into the box. It was so reminiscent of the last minute winner they got there in our title winning season where we continually hit a brick wall. Watching MP on the bench, head down I genuinely thought if this was three years down the line we'd be saying he's got to go as he looked a beaten man. He didn't fill me with any confidence one bit, he didn't at any point make me feel like he could change today's game it's a genuine concern that needs addressing immediately.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Oh right ... so at 3 points behind Arsenal we have serious title aspiration but at 6 points behind after an away game we don't?

I'm definitely worried about the away form, but I've got faith in Pellegrini and the players to sort it. Being 6 points behind isn't the end of the world at this point in the season.

I knew you'd say that. Sure one game is nothing. But it is the accumulating evidence that is damning and yes winning today's game and going third would have sent a message to all the others. It is a bit like the best tennis players raising their level when the pressure is at its most intense.

And although I enjoyed the CSKA game the other day there was no point at which we looked like we could say " OK we have a two goal lead lets shut up shop". We basically look like Newcastle under Keegan.

You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

You are probably right. I mean we can all see that MP has brought something positive to the table. When we are good we are very good. But it is the inconsistency that is driving everyone crazy. And he may turn it around in the next month. I hope so.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I can sense this thread's going to pick up a bit of momentum in the next few days.

It's the car crash thread of the forum mate, I wish there was an option where you could ban yourself from certain threads, now there's an idea?..........RIC

bobmcfc said:
BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
I knew you'd say that. Sure one game is nothing. But it is the accumulating evidence that is damning and yes winning today's game and going third would have sent a message to all the others. It is a bit like the best tennis players raising their level when the pressure is at its most intense.

And although I enjoyed the CSKA game the other day there was no point at which we looked like we could say " OK we have a two goal lead lets shut up shop". We basically look like Newcastle under Keegan.

You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

I can't see him being here too much longer tbh. Your man is on a tightrope and if the fans are less than impressed then imagine what the owner is thinking
He's our manager, and if we're going to make final judgements after 11 games then that would be really daft.

The away league form is appalling. Sometimes these things get a momentum of their own. I'm sure we'll deal with it.

You need a strong defence away from home, and we've changed keeper, then lost, Kompany and Demichelis, then when Demichelis has come back Nastasic has got injured. Those are big problems for a manager

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Kun Aguero said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Nothing to worry about.

We have only just recovered from winning a crunch Champions League match, on the back of a thumping win over Norwich, having lost Silva and Fernandinho in the build up, playing against a rejuvenated Sunderland...

They sucker-punched us then parked the team bus... it happens.

Our away form will improve itself naturally as the team and management gels.

Will it improve though?
Of course.

We're playing a whole new expansive style of attacking football.

It's one thing to play it in front of your home fans, on a large pitch you're familiar with, another thing completely playing it on a smaller pitch, possibly one that you've never played on before, with hoardes of opposition fans screaming at you to fail at every given opportunity. It takes time to develop the level of team understanding and unity needed for that.

Before too long we'll be consistently crushing teams away just like we are at home.
This holistic stuff always worried me. Especially now it's those nasty home fans stopping us. Hopefully Pellegrini has lots of cuddles to go around.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I can sense this thread's going to pick up a bit of momentum in the next few days.

There's two weeks of it yet and, if it's not three points against Spurs, the pitchforks will be out.

Meanwhile, the players will be chilling by the beach or swaggering around international friendlies, completely oblivious.

One of those days when you can't help but feel that we are being laughed at. Yes, I feel like a Twunt as well, unlike my scouse wife who has not been so smug since 2005. No Europe for them and they could still win it. Just anyone but the rags, please. It would be worse than under Bacon Face, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.