Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
bobmcfc said:
BillyShears said:
You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

I can't see him being here too much longer tbh. Your man is on a tightrope and if the fans are less than impressed then imagine what the owner is thinking
He's our manager, and if we're going to make final judgements after 11 games then that would be really daft.

The away league form is appalling. Sometimes these things get a momentum of their own. I'm sure we'll deal with it.

You need a strong defence away from home, and we've changed keeper, then lost, Kompany and Demichelis, then when Demichelis has come back Nastasic has got injured. Those are big problems for a manager

Kompany had quite a few injuries last season too as I recall but I don't remember any excuses being made. Manuel has made his own choices in regards to keepers and today that back four was his own choosing. Like I said, it's the owners opinions now that count and if the fans are a little pissed off today imagine how the guy who spent near. £100m in the summer is feeling.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Kun Aguero said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Nothing to worry about.

We have only just recovered from winning a crunch Champions League match, on the back of a thumping win over Norwich, having lost Silva and Fernandinho in the build up, playing against a rejuvenated Sunderland...

They sucker-punched us then parked the team bus... it happens.

Our away form will improve itself naturally as the team and management gels.

Will it improve though?
Of course.

We're playing a whole new expansive style of attacking football.

It's one thing to play it in front of your home fans, on a large pitch you're familiar with, another thing completely playing it on a smaller pitch, possibly one that you've never played on before, with hoardes of opposition fans screaming at you to fail at every given opportunity. It takes time to develop the level of team understanding and unity needed for that.

Before too long we'll be consistently crushing teams away just like we are at home.
wow really, didn't know that, opposition fans screaming at our darling players & upsetting them, and on on a different pitch as well , tut tut, shouldn`t be allowed,should it, and smaller as well, disgracefull.

hilts said:
Davs 19 said:
Not in any particular order, our form/negative results are:

Pellers fault
Dzekos fault
Harts fault
Gracias fault
Kolorovs fault
Nastys fault
Yayas fault
Mancinis fault
Refs fault

Maybe our squad just isn't as strong as most think it is.

Just a thought............

you forgot the two spanish guys, milner,rodwell,clichy,nasri,the media and the tea lady

although in fairness the tea lady is pretty shit, not a patch on the previous one, never leaves the bag in long enough, friendly though

What about the kit man though?
If he's not happy then the manager is fucked!

Blue2112 said:
BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
But that is the whole point. If we had serious title pretensions we would have beaten Sunderland and now be 3 points behind the gooners.

Oh right ... so at 3 points behind Arsenal we have serious title aspiration but at 6 points behind after an away game we don't?

I'm definitely worried about the away form, but I've got faith in Pellegrini and the players to sort it. Being 6 points behind isn't the end of the world at this point in the season.

Billy genuine question can you outline for me just what your hanging your faith on with him to get the away form right and how he's going to go about it? 4pts out of 18 and today showed me he's learnt absolutely sweet FA from the previous five league games including the one solitary win. I looked at him sat on the bench with his head down and he looked absolutely clueless, indeed if it was Moyes there'd be a 50 page thread by now laughing at him. If it was Hughes we'd be saying he hasn't got a clue tactically - Obviously - and if it was Mancini we'd be sat hear now saying it's clear for all to see he's lost the dressing room. It's damn easy to tag on throwaway lines that fit the right manager and if enough people say it then it becomes fact.

One away defeat to Cardiff in their first home game well it would be understandable, Stoke well we never win there and so it was a point gained, Villa we eased the pain with they only three shots and sored three lucky goals it wont happen again and we put it down to individual errors that will be ironed out on the training pitch whilst Chelsea saw Joe Hart becoming the fall guy. All very true and easily explained away until today when all the above was played out in those 90mins. The new manager understandably gets his win, individual errors cost us the goal, they probably only had one shot and scored one goal and Garcia is this weeks fall guy.

It's all too predictable from MP he didn't do anything that I thought was off the cuff, unpredictable and might catch the opposition off guard. We were slow and narrow and pedestrian like in the first 45mins when we should have been stretching them whilst the second half from the outset they put eleven men behind the ball and we had no idea how to fathom our way through it. Time after time just throwing poor quality crosses into the box. It was so reminiscent of the last minute winner they got there in our title winning season where we continually hit a brick wall. Watching MP on the bench, head down I genuinely thought if this was three years down the line we'd be saying he's got to go as he looked a beaten man. He didn't fill me with any confidence one bit, he didn't at any point make me feel like he could change today's game it's a genuine concern that needs addressing immediately.

Great post.

Blue2112 said:
Billy genuine question can you outline for me just what your hanging your faith on with him to get the away form right and how he's going to go about it? 4pts out of 18 and today showed me he's learnt absolutely sweet FA from the previous five league games including the one solitary win. I looked at him sat on the bench with his head down and he looked absolutely clueless, indeed if it was Moyes there'd be a 50 page thread by now laughing at him. If it was Hughes we'd be saying he hasn't got a clue tactically - Obviously - and if it was Mancini we'd be sat hear now saying it's clear for all to see he's lost the dressing room. It's damn easy to tag on throwaway lines that fit the right manager and if enough people say it then it becomes fact.

One away defeat to Cardiff in their first home game well it would be understandable, Stoke well we never win there and so it was a point gained, Villa we eased the pain with three shots and three goals it wont happen again and put it down to individual errors that will be ironed out on the training pitch whilst Chelsea saw Joe Hart becoming the fall guy. All very true and easily explained away until today when all the above was played out in those 90mins. New manager understandably gets his win, individual errors cost us the goal, they probably only had one shot and scored one goal and Garcia is this weeks fall guy.

It's all too predictable he didn't do anything that I thought was off the cuff, unpredictable and might catch the opposition off guard. We were slow and narrow and pedestrian like in the first 45mins when we should have been stretching them whilst the second half when from the outset they put eleven men behind the ball we had no idea how to fathom our way through it. Time after time just throwing poor quality crosses into the box. It was so reminiscent of the last minute winner they got there in our title winning season where we continually hit a brick wall. Watching MP on the bench, head down I genuinely thought if this was three years down the line we'd be saying he's got to go as he looked a beaten man. He didn't fill me with any confidence one bit, he didn't at any point make me feel like he could change today's game it's a genuine concern that needs addressing immediately.

So what now? Do we start a Pellegrini Out movement in November?

I dunno Josh. Within the context of the league as a whole, this reaction feels very knee jerk to me. I like the way we play football. We lacked imagination because Pellegrini got his team selection wrong. It happens.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Davs 19 said:

Pellers fault
Dzekos fault
Harts fault
Gracias fault
Kolorovs fault
Nastys fault
Yayas fault
Mancinis fault
Refs fault

As strong? We have lost to 3 teams that are going to be in a relegation fight.

There is no excuse for that
Yers there is, our most important player is Silva, if we were in need of an understudy to anyone it was Silva, we didn't need two strikers of just squad quality.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
But that is the whole point. If we had serious title pretensions we would have beaten Sunderland and now be 3 points behind the gooners.

Oh right ... so at 3 points behind Arsenal we have serious title aspiration but at 6 points behind after an away game we don't?

I'm definitely worried about the away form, but I've got faith in Pellegrini and the players to sort it. Being 6 points behind isn't the end of the world at this point in the season.

Anybody can see we are underperforming and that Pelligrini is far from getting the best out of the squad overall.

There are worrying signs at the moment. Not least that this is the poorest start after this number of games since the takeover with a relatively easy start.

3, 4, 5 or 6 points behind the leaders is not the point at all. If this continues we will be well into double figures behind the leaders at the seasons end.

Neil McNab said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Davs 19 said:

Pellers fault
Dzekos fault
Harts fault
Gracias fault
Kolorovs fault
Nastys fault
Yayas fault
Mancinis fault
Refs fault

As strong? We have lost to 3 teams that are going to be in a relegation fight.

There is no excuse for that
Yers there is, our most important player is Silva, if we were in need of an understudy to anyone it was Silva, we didn't need two strikers of just squad quality.
So without silva expect to lose games? So we are a one man team.

How far does that go? If Silva is not playing v Leicester are you expecting us to get beat?

TGR said:
Blue2112 said:
BillyShears said:

One away defeat to Cardiff in their first home game well it would be understandable, Stoke well we never win there and so it was a point gained, Villa we eased the pain with they only three shots and sored three lucky goals it wont happen again and we put it down to individual errors that will be ironed out on the training pitch whilst Chelsea saw Joe Hart becoming the fall guy. All very true and easily explained away until today when all the above was played out in those 90mins. The new manager understandably gets his win, individual errors cost us the goal, they probably only had one shot and scored one goal and Garcia is this weeks fall guy.

It's all too predictable from MP he didn't do anything that I thought was off the cuff, unpredictable and might catch the opposition off guard. We were slow and narrow and pedestrian like in the first 45mins when we should have been stretching them whilst the second half from the outset they put eleven men behind the ball and we had no idea how to fathom our way through it. Time after time just throwing poor quality crosses into the box. It was so reminiscent of the last minute winner they got there in our title winning season where we continually hit a brick wall. Watching MP on the bench, head down I genuinely thought if this was three years down the line we'd be saying he's got to go as he looked a beaten man. He didn't fill me with any confidence one bit, he didn't at any point make me feel like he could change today's game it's a genuine concern that needs addressing immediately.

Excellent post and it sums up the feeling of a lot of fans on here.
However I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply to your post...
That's because it's a stupid question

There's not an exact science to winning a game, and it depends on your team imposing their game on the opposition

Don't think anyone can disagree with the manager's own summary

“I really can’t believe we lost this match,” said the City boss.

“Sunderland have won the match with just one chance in the whole 90 minutes while we have several opportunities to score and maybe at least take a point but we didn’t do it - this can happen sometimes in football.

“When you fall behind you are always chasing the game and the clock is against you and it becomes more difficult as time goes on and maybe you start to rush your passes trying to find a way back into the game.

Pellegrini refused to blame the referee for the loss, despite Bardsley appearing to foul James Milner in the build-up to the goal.

He said: “It doesn’t matter whether it was a foul or not because the referee decides what is a foul and what isn’t – he decided it wasn’t and that’s all that counts.

“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me.

“The Premier League is very close and there are six or seven teams trying to win the title and there are lots of games to play – we are playing well away from home but perhaps we just need a little bit more luck

BillyShears said:
Blue2112 said:

One away defeat to Cardiff in their first home game well it would be understandable, Stoke well we never win there and so it was a point gained, Villa we eased the pain with three shots and three goals it wont happen again and put it down to individual errors that will be ironed out on the training pitch whilst Chelsea saw Joe Hart becoming the fall guy. All very true and easily explained away until today when all the above was played out in those 90mins. New manager understandably gets his win, individual errors cost us the goal, they probably only had one shot and scored one goal and Garcia is this weeks fall guy.

It's all too predictable he didn't do anything that I thought was off the cuff, unpredictable and might catch the opposition off guard. We were slow and narrow and pedestrian like in the first 45mins when we should have been stretching them whilst the second half when from the outset they put eleven men behind the ball we had no idea how to fathom our way through it. Time after time just throwing poor quality crosses into the box. It was so reminiscent of the last minute winner they got there in our title winning season where we continually hit a brick wall. Watching MP on the bench, head down I genuinely thought if this was three years down the line we'd be saying he's got to go as he looked a beaten man. He didn't fill me with any confidence one bit, he didn't at any point make me feel like he could change today's game it's a genuine concern that needs addressing immediately.

So what now? Do we start a Pellegrini Out movement in November?

I dunno Josh. Within the context of the league as a whole, this reaction feels very knee jerk to me. I like the way we play football. We lacked imagination because Pellegrini got his team selection wrong. It happens.

With those players good football is the very minimum that should be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.