Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:
Cheesy said:
Sounding increasingly desperate FI :)

How do you explain the difference between home & away form when it's the same bunch of players? Those players of "an insufficient standard due to a imbalanced/poorly assembled squad and lack of quality depth." seem to be doing fine at home.

If nothing else today showed me how important Dinho is to our side, he dictates the urgency and tempo of our play, connecting defence to attack.

Garcia is out of his depth in that role and the game just passes him by without him having any effect on it whatsoever, Yaya also doesn't look himself next to him either.
We can't keep using the same excuse mate,he's missing & so is he
Every team has injurys,we've the best squad in the prem aparently
We've just been tonked again by the worst side in the league
It's just fucking embarrassing AGAIN!

Correct and we thought we has an experience manager! Pelegrini has seen enough of the players now to know especially away from home that that team selection today and how he set them up was Sunday league management! Also it looks like he didn't show any respect what's so ever to Sunderland, he probably thought it his team would be good enough!!

bobmcfc said:
Danamy said:
TGR said:
Excellent post and it sums up the feeling of a lot of fans on here.
However I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply to your post...

Not really

He said we never win at Stoke so it was a point gained, so going by that today was expected with us never winning at Sunderland, it's not that bad at all then eh? ;-)

Yes but isn't that the reason we got rid of "he who shall not be named" ?

He who committed a crime so heinous it can never be told...

Does Pelli actually give a shit about MCFC??

Because, i've seen nothing from him so far to suggest he does.
No passion,no inspiration, barely nothing from his inteviews (post match)

He seriously comes across as someone who doesn't give a flying fuck, he even turned up a month late before we even kicked a ball.

TGR said:
bobmcfc said:
Danamy said:
Not really

He said we never win at Stoke so it was a point gained, so going by that today was expected with us never winning at Sunderland, it's not that bad at all then eh? ;-)

Yes but isn't that the reason we got rid of "he who shall not be named" ?

He who committed a crime so heinous is can never be told...

I can't talk about that but I can tell you I laughed when I heard it

I will shush now ;)

Marvin said:
TGR said:
Blue2112 said:
Billy genuine question can you outline for me just what your hanging your faith on with him to get the away form right and how he's going to go about it? 4pts out of 18 and today showed me he's learnt absolutely sweet FA from the previous five league games including the one solitary win. I looked at him sat on the bench with his head down and he looked absolutely clueless, indeed if it was Moyes there'd be a 50 page thread by now laughing at him. If it was Hughes we'd be saying he hasn't got a clue tactically - Obviously - and if it was Mancini we'd be sat hear now saying it's clear for all to see he's lost the dressing room. It's damn easy to tag on throwaway lines that fit the right manager and if enough people say it then it becomes fact.

One away defeat to Cardiff in their first home game well it would be understandable, Stoke well we never win there and so it was a point gained, Villa we eased the pain with they only three shots and sored three lucky goals it wont happen again and we put it down to individual errors that will be ironed out on the training pitch whilst Chelsea saw Joe Hart becoming the fall guy. All very true and easily explained away until today when all the above was played out in those 90mins. The new manager understandably gets his win, individual errors cost us the goal, they probably only had one shot and scored one goal and Garcia is this weeks fall guy.

It's all too predictable from MP he didn't do anything that I thought was off the cuff, unpredictable and might catch the opposition off guard. We were slow and narrow and pedestrian like in the first 45mins when we should have been stretching them whilst the second half from the outset they put eleven men behind the ball and we had no idea how to fathom our way through it. Time after time just throwing poor quality crosses into the box. It was so reminiscent of the last minute winner they got there in our title winning season where we continually hit a brick wall. Watching MP on the bench, head down I genuinely thought if this was three years down the line we'd be saying he's got to go as he looked a beaten man. He didn't fill me with any confidence one bit, he didn't at any point make me feel like he could change today's game it's a genuine concern that needs addressing immediately.

That's because it's a stupid question

There's not an exact science to winning a game, and it depends on your team imposing their game on the opposition

Don't think anyone can disagree with the manager's own summary

“I really can’t believe we lost this match,” said the City boss.

“Sunderland have won the match with just one chance in the whole 90 minutes while we have several opportunities to score and maybe at least take a point but we didn’t do it - this can happen sometimes in football.

“When you fall behind you are always chasing the game and the clock is against you and it becomes more difficult as time goes on and maybe you start to rush your passes trying to find a way back into the game.

Pellegrini refused to blame the referee for the loss, despite Bardsley appearing to foul James Milner in the build-up to the goal.

He said: “It doesn’t matter whether it was a foul or not because the referee decides what is a foul and what isn’t – he decided it wasn’t and that’s all that counts.

“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me.

“The Premier League is very close and there are six or seven teams trying to win the title and there are lots of games to play – we are playing well away from home but perhaps we just need a little bit more luck

You really are a grade A weapon Marvin.

You have the cheek to say "it's a stupid question" and "there's no science" then quote a formula "your team imposing their game on the opposition" . Irony of a bellend!

TGR said:
Marvin said:
TGR said:
That's because it's a stupid question

There's not an exact science to winning a game, and it depends on your team imposing their game on the opposition

Don't think anyone can disagree with the manager's own summary

“I really can’t believe we lost this match,” said the City boss.

“Sunderland have won the match with just one chance in the whole 90 minutes while we have several opportunities to score and maybe at least take a point but we didn’t do it - this can happen sometimes in football.

“When you fall behind you are always chasing the game and the clock is against you and it becomes more difficult as time goes on and maybe you start to rush your passes trying to find a way back into the game.

Pellegrini refused to blame the referee for the loss, despite Bardsley appearing to foul James Milner in the build-up to the goal.

He said: “It doesn’t matter whether it was a foul or not because the referee decides what is a foul and what isn’t – he decided it wasn’t and that’s all that counts.

“I don’t like to blame defeats on moments like that – I think we deserved to win and we also deserved to win the other games we’ve lost this season away but the fact is we didn’t and that’s what worries me.

“The Premier League is very close and there are six or seven teams trying to win the title and there are lots of games to play – we are playing well away from home but perhaps we just need a little bit more luck

Far from a stupid question.
Or is it the questions that point out a few home truths are just 'stupid' Marvin?
It's very easy for so called supporters to pile the pressure on in the aftermath of a defeat, but a manager isn't always to be blamed for a bad result

There are specific reasons for the defeats at Cardiff, Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland, and I'm sure there are some things that Pellegrini should have done differently, but I can't really blame him today for the poor result no more than I can blame Mourinho and AVB for their poor recent results

You'd do better looking at a particular tactic that you don't like and raising a question of why we're doing that.

Two or three games in I was very criticial of Pellegrini because I thought our entire game plan was totally awry at Cardiff and at home to Hull. We looked a shadow of the team we were.

Today we played poorly, but I'm confident that given the opportunity of playing a strong team we'll be challenging for the title in May.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Oh right ... so at 3 points behind Arsenal we have serious title aspiration but at 6 points behind after an away game we don't?

I'm definitely worried about the away form, but I've got faith in Pellegrini and the players to sort it. Being 6 points behind isn't the end of the world at this point in the season.

I knew you'd say that. Sure one game is nothing. But it is the accumulating evidence that is damning and yes winning today's game and going third would have sent a message to all the others. It is a bit like the best tennis players raising their level when the pressure is at its most intense.

And although I enjoyed the CSKA game the other day there was no point at which we looked like we could say " OK we have a two goal lead lets shut up shop". We basically look like Newcastle under Keegan.

You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

What a crock of shit.

On the one hand you say he made selection errors and on the other you say his tactics didn't lose us the match.

Any fool can see that team selection affects tactics and visa versa.

4 losses and only one win in 6 away games. It is even bad if you are Norwich manager or Fulham manager.

Thank God we already played at Anfield, Old trafford, Emirates, WHL, and at Soton, Swansea, Everton and we have some easier matches at this shit Sunderland, Cardiff, Villa and Sparky's Stoke?

Wait what?

Really would like to know the thoughts of Txiki.

GoMancini7 said:
4 losses and only one win in 6 away games. It is even bad if you are Norwich manager or Fulham manager.

Thank God we already played at Anfield, Old trafford, Emirates, WHL, and at Soton, Swansea, Everton and we have some easier matches at this shit Sunderland, Cardiff, Villa and Sparky's Stoke?

Wait what?

Really would like to know the thoughts of Txiki.

I know right, only easy aways from here on in

rushts said:
Does Pelli actually give a shit about MCFC??

Because, i've seen nothing from him so far to suggest he does.
No passion,no inspiration, barely nothing from his inteviews (post match)

He seriously comes across as someone who doesn't give a flying fuck, he even turned up a month late before we even kicked a ball.

I think he comes across as just a boring old man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.