Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent 100 Million and we are worse than last season in the League.

OK, we did better in the CL but we had a much easier group.

Danielmanc said:
rushts said:
Does Pelli actually give a shit about MCFC??

Because, i've seen nothing from him so far to suggest he does.
No passion,no inspiration, barely nothing from his inteviews (post match)

He seriously comes across as someone who doesn't give a flying fuck, he even turned up a month late before we even kicked a ball.

I think he comes across as just a boring old man

I watched him today sat there in the dugout shaking his head and he just looked to me like he didn't want to be there.

Marvin said:
TGR said:
Marvin said:
That's because it's a stupid question

There's not an exact science to winning a game, and it depends on your team imposing their game on the opposition

Don't think anyone can disagree with the manager's own summary

Far from a stupid question.
Or is it the questions that point out a few home truths are just 'stupid' Marvin?
It's very easy for so called supporters to pile the pressure on in the aftermath of a defeat, but a manager isn't always to be blamed for a bad result

There are specific reasons for the defeats at Cardiff, Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland, and I'm sure there are some things that Pellegrini should have done differently, but I can't really blame him today for the poor result no more than I can blame Mourinho and AVB for their poor recent results

You'd do better looking at a particular tactic that you don't like and raising a question of why we're doing that.

Two or three games in I was very criticial of Pellegrini because I thought our entire game plan was totally awry at Cardiff and at home to Hull. We looked a shadow of the team we were.

Today we played poorly, but I'm confident that given the opportunity of playing a strong team we'll be challenging for the title in May.

I genuinely and honestly hope you are right Marvin come May. However I have to say on what we have seen so far away from home and the repeated mistakes I really am starting to lose hope.
I genuinely do hope that you are right and that I am wrong.

80s Shorts said:
BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
I knew you'd say that. Sure one game is nothing. But it is the accumulating evidence that is damning and yes winning today's game and going third would have sent a message to all the others. It is a bit like the best tennis players raising their level when the pressure is at its most intense.

And although I enjoyed the CSKA game the other day there was no point at which we looked like we could say " OK we have a two goal lead lets shut up shop". We basically look like Newcastle under Keegan.

You can make whatever comparisons you like, he's the manager we've got. He made some selections errors today which he either learns from or he doesn't. but his tactics didn't lose us the match.

I can understand the anger because we lost a game shouldn't have. Not sure what else I can say. I believe in the manager and the team, but I can see there are people who don't. Lets see what the league looks like at the end of December.

What a crock of shit.

On the one hand you say he made selection errors and on the other you say his tactics didn't lose us the match.

Any fool can see that team selection affects tactics and visa versa.
I guess his point went well over your head, then?

Danielmanc said:
rushts said:
Does Pelli actually give a shit about MCFC??

Because, i've seen nothing from him so far to suggest he does.
No passion,no inspiration, barely nothing from his inteviews (post match)

He seriously comes across as someone who doesn't give a flying fuck, he even turned up a month late before we even kicked a ball.

I think he comes across as just a boring old man

Don't think it's an age thing. He knows his stuff and has bags of top flight experience. My only question is 'Do the lads believe in him and want to play for him?' On the evidence of away games, the answer is currently a BIG NO from me.

TGR said:
Marvin said:
TGR said:
Far from a stupid question.
Or is it the questions that point out a few home truths are just 'stupid' Marvin?
It's very easy for so called supporters to pile the pressure on in the aftermath of a defeat, but a manager isn't always to be blamed for a bad result

There are specific reasons for the defeats at Cardiff, Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland, and I'm sure there are some things that Pellegrini should have done differently, but I can't really blame him today for the poor result no more than I can blame Mourinho and AVB for their poor recent results

You'd do better looking at a particular tactic that you don't like and raising a question of why we're doing that.

Two or three games in I was very criticial of Pellegrini because I thought our entire game plan was totally awry at Cardiff and at home to Hull. We looked a shadow of the team we were.

Today we played poorly, but I'm confident that given the opportunity of playing a strong team we'll be challenging for the title in May.

I genuinely and honestly hope you are right Marvin come May. However I have to say on what we have seen so far away from home and the repeated mistakes I really am starting to lose hope.
I genuinely do hope that you are right and that I am wrong.

Marvin was quoting Manure would crumble all last season. Blind faith!

de niro said:
you can't help injuries but to weaken yourself further with rotation is criminal.

lets hope Salford paul was right.
Rotation due to injury. We knew that Nasty was injured.

El Mago said:
We spent 100 Million and we are worse than last season in the League.

OK, we did better in the CL but we had a much easier group.
we let Tevez,Barry & K.Toure go, oh & brought in a worse manager. Great business City.

Has anybody thought that maybe our manager and the previous one(he who cannot be named as someone put it rather well) don't have a clue why we are dropping so many points away from home? maybe they are as perplexed as the rest of us?

Both managers have made decisions that have baffled us fans, all managers do, nearly all teams defend deep against us at home we overcome it away we don't, why? has to be the players is the only answer i can come up with

Pellegrini should get the full season to turn it around and i hope he does because the alternative is a new manager and a large rebuild of the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.