Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
As soon as SAFC scored I knew it was going to be a long way back.

I don't think Pellegrini underestimated Sunderland. He's been in football long enough to know that these games can be just as difficult as the games against Chelsea etc. They just present different challenges

I'm am disappointed as any other City fan. I just don't see any positive gain to be had by blaming the manager. Maybe he did plenty wrong, but I didn't see what he did wrong that contributed to the poor performance. I can see City played a bad game. Sometimes these things are out of a manager's control

I know it's not a defence but look at Klopp at Dortmund. His team have just lost at home to Arsenal in the Champions League and this weekend they lost in the Bundesliga too. Is he a bad manager? Is AVB? Is Mourinho?

Ultimately results are the be all and end all. Sadly we have reached the stage in football when a manager has one season. That's ridiculous and little more than a lottery decided on players fitness and referee's eyesight

Marvin, how can you say the manager did plenty wrong but that didn't contribute to a poor performance ?

You do not make any sense.

Re: Clueless manager

@BluePhil8 said:
bobmcfc said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Have we always had such loyal fans?

Well he did travel up to Sunderland to watch it so is say yes
But on the contrary, he seems to be judging somebody's managerial ability 11 games into the season...

With 4 defeats in 6 away games he deserves to be judged.

And judged harshly.

Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
80s Shorts said:
Cheers, so 24 shots at goal is an irrelevance really. Obvious to anyone who watch the game.

Ha, ha ,ha. Well you could call every shot that doesn't go in an irrelevance.

The 14-0 corner count hasn't had much discussion!

I started a set piece thread on here the other week.....

I did mention it at one point, along with the 50 crosses. It's fucking appalling that Pelle can't spot a player that can take a decent corner;-(

Jesus I meant not JavaScript -bloody phone!!'-

-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm --

Must admit I agree with comments regarding Garcia how on earth does he start when Fernando isnt there? Milner in cm. And should have been from the start when JavaScript came on we looked more threatening,if we can see it why can't mp?<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm --<br /><br />Must admit I agree with comments regarding Garcia how on earth does he start when Fernando isnt there? Milner in cm. And should have been from the start when JavaScript came on we looked more threatening,if we can see it why can't mp?

Marvin said:
Cheesy said:
Marvin said:
Maybe he did plenty wrong, but I didn't see what he did wrong that contributed to the poor performance. I can see City played a bad game. Sometimes these things are out of a manager's control

You've been asked a couple of times about his decision to change both full backs even though we had already been forced to make one change due to injury.

Do you not think that may have been the wrong thing to do & could have contributed to the defeat?
I don't think it had any effect whatsoever on the result

Milner was clearly fouled for their goal, and the deficiencies in our game were our inability to turn total midfield dominance into chances. That's perhaps difficult when a team sticks 10 behind the ball, but it's not the full backs who open up defences

So Micah (the stronger right back) stood on the half way line probably talking to Yaya about flash cars or what to eat at San Carlo's later tonight whilst Miller (the weaker covering right back) had to cover for him didn't contribute to their first goal. Yes Milner was pushed in his back but was it enough to send him sprawling, I genuinely don't know and would Micha have stood the challenge better, again I don't know. Watch Micah continually being caught out of position stood holding his hands out whilst staring into oblivion with that 'WTF' look on his face all game. Zabba's twice the defender and attacker and you play your strongest starting eleven at all times for me.

Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
80s Shorts said:
Cheers, so 24 shots at goal is an irrelevance really. Obvious to anyone who watch the game.

Ha, ha ,ha. Well you could call every shot that doesn't go in an irrelevance.

The 14-0 corner count hasn't had much discussion!

I started a set piece thread on here the other week.....

Was that the corner count today? Jesus, we never looked like scoring from any of them and our inability to put in decent corners is a worry. In the 2011/12 season I think we were top scorers from corners but this season we have been pretty poor.

I'm fed up of squad rotation. Why does it have to be 4/5/6 players? Use the same nucleus of the team and rotate 1 or 2 if necessary.

de niro said:
ballinio said:
de niro said:
I feel for you mate I really do, been there done that. however to be fair to pelli even though i'm fuming he rotated we battered sunderland today, they got lucky. as did Chelsea and villa. the tide will turn I promise you.
we didn't batter anybody today, Sunderland got the goal and then withdrew to defend their goal, tactics. Villa did get lucky if you mean we handed the game to them on a plate & I`ll promise you we will get worse under this clown of a manager.

listen if it was up to me mancini would still be here, if some of the players didn't like him then it should have been them that left the club. however pelli is no clown. will he get it right? I don't know. the prem is such an unforgiving place to settle in to a new job and country. mancini was a born winner and even he came unstuck now and again.
if your looking for someone to blame for where we are take a look at the barca boys.
Bingo
Since cheeky joined what the fuck have we done,except go backwards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.