Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB1 said:
john blue said:
OBI. HOW MANY SAVES DID THE SUNDERLAND KEEPER MAKE. ?

Not many. Although numerous shots were blocked. We did not hit the target enough, we didn't make enough of the good positions that we had but was that the manager's fault? Dzeko, Aguero and Navas should all have scored, IMO, and didn't.

Now I see people are blaming 4-4-2 for today's defeat. Hmmm, how did that prevent us scoring? Cos it had fuck all to do with the goal we conceded.

A totally slow and immobile centre two in Garcia and Yaya whilst playing in a 442 formation places unwanted pressure on all areas of the pitch when defending.

God knows how you can say that that is not a contributing factor.

The loss today wasn't down to MPs selection, formation, tactics or underwear choice.

That team he put out today was more than capable of demolishing the 2nd Shittest team in this division.

You can skrike all you want and blame this that and the other but the reason for today's shit performance and shit result was that the players didn't put a shift in and didn't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy.

No ifs no buts. Simple as that.

Marvin said:
Cheesy said:
Marvin said:
Maybe he did plenty wrong, but I didn't see what he did wrong that contributed to the poor performance. I can see City played a bad game. Sometimes these things are out of a manager's control

You've been asked a couple of times about his decision to change both full backs even though we had already been forced to make one change due to injury.

Do you not think that may have been the wrong thing to do & could have contributed to the defeat?
I don't think it had any effect whatsoever on the result

Milner was clearly fouled for their goal, and the deficiencies in our game were our inability to turn total midfield dominance into chances. That's perhaps difficult when a team sticks 10 behind the ball, but it's not the full backs who open up defences

Ah but the manager committed the crime of picking his two most attacking full backs whilst sticking in his third centre half in the midfield.

Re: Clueless manager

He is a Clown and no one will tell me different.

All that shite about, and I quote ....... " City Fans are going to see a brand of football, they haven't seen before"

Talks Shite
Tactics are Shite
Team Selections ate Shite
His after match interviews are Shite

Clown, fucking Clown

@BluePhil8 said:
bobmcfc said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Have we always had such loyal fans?

Well he did travel up to Sunderland to watch it so is say yes
But on the contrary, he seems to be judging somebody's managerial ability 11 games into the season...
if we`d lost all 11 would it be too early to judge him ?

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
Ha, ha ,ha. Well you could call every shot that doesn't go in an irrelevance.

The 14-0 corner count hasn't had much discussion!

I started a set piece thread on here the other week.....

Was that the corner count today? Jesus, we never looked like scoring from any of them and our inability to put in decent corners is a worry. In the 2011/12 season I think we were top scorers from corners but this season we have been pretty poor.

no point winning 14 corners if we don`t have anyone who can put in a decent delivery. Our set pieces (apart from Yaya`s shots on goal) are truly awful.

Marvin said:
Cheesy said:
Marvin said:
Maybe he did plenty wrong, but I didn't see what he did wrong that contributed to the poor performance. I can see City played a bad game. Sometimes these things are out of a manager's control

You've been asked a couple of times about his decision to change both full backs even though we had already been forced to make one change due to injury.

Do you not think that may have been the wrong thing to do & could have contributed to the defeat?
I don't think it had any effect whatsoever on the result

If you honestly think that after the performances from Kolarov & Micah (in particular) then I'm going to have to give up deabating this with you :)

ballinio said:
@BluePhil8 said:
bobmcfc said:
Well he did travel up to Sunderland to watch it so is say yes
But on the contrary, he seems to be judging somebody's managerial ability 11 games into the season...
if we`d lost all 11 would it be too early to judge him ?

We can't judge till December armchair Billy said so

Lavinda lol its great<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm --<br /><br />Lavinda lol its great

hilts said:
Rammy Blue said:
hgblue said:
The guy's clearly forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, but I just get this really unsettling feeling that I know more about our players strengths than he does. It's starting to do my head in.

That's what I said about 50 pages ago, I hate it when I know that the manager is making mistakes that I wouldn't make. FFS the guy is paid millions and yet I could pick a better starting 11 than him, plus better tactics. It really is that simple, imo.

Then why wouldn't they employ you on the fraction of the wages? after watching many city managers and england one's in particular i have come to the conclusion that either managers are
either vastly overrated or us fans are clueless

That's always the easy reply though.

Bottom line is, and you can check the pre-match thread, but as soon as the team was announced I said we'd struggle and it was the wrong side for today's game. Blatantly obvious he was relying on Sergio and Beast to win the game with no regard whatsoever about what we were going to face.

He should have mixed it up, gone 4-2-3-1 for example, and certainly, and I hate repeating myself, but ay manager who starts with Garcia, especially in a 4-4-2 really is bordering on being fucking clueless.

MP is certainly testing my patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.