Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB1 said:
80s Shorts said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
2 from outside the box made the keeper save but both were down to individual skill. Navas and Aguero for me had our two best chances. Navas should really have scored. We didn't create many clear chances though

Cheers, so 24 shots at goal is an irrelevance really. Obvious to anyone who watch the game.

Ha, ha ,ha. Well you could call every shot that doesn't go in an irrelevance.

I believe 4 or 5 were on target you balloon.

haha

Re: Clueless manager

ballinio said:
@BluePhil8 said:
bobmcfc said:
Well he did travel up to Sunderland to watch it so is say yes
But on the contrary, he seems to be judging somebody's managerial ability 11 games into the season...
if we`d lost all 11 would it be too early to judge him ?
Yes. Similarly if he had won all 11 it would be too early to judge. If we had judged Mancini after 11 games we would all want him out due to the shite football he employed in his first 6 months at the club.

I struggle to understand why players fail to turn up repeatedly at places like this and, when they do, it's because the manager is clueless?

hilts said:
ballinio said:
@BluePhil8 said:
But on the contrary, he seems to be judging somebody's managerial ability 11 games into the season...

We can't judge till December armchair Billy said so

You seem to take pride in sounding fickle. Personally I am too busy laughing at Redcafe, where all of their glory hunters are seeking Moyes' head as soon as he loses a game. It makes me sad to come on hear and see the same. I thought our fans were better.

Blue2112 said:
Marvin said:
Cheesy said:
You've been asked a couple of times about his decision to change both full backs even though we had already been forced to make one change due to injury.

Do you not think that may have been the wrong thing to do & could have contributed to the defeat?
I don't think it had any effect whatsoever on the result

Milner was clearly fouled for their goal, and the deficiencies in our game were our inability to turn total midfield dominance into chances. That's perhaps difficult when a team sticks 10 behind the ball, but it's not the full backs who open up defences

So Micah (the stronger right back) stood on the half way line probably talking to Yaya about flash cars or what to eat at San Carlo's later tonight whilst Miller (the weaker covering right back) had to cover for him didn't contribute to their first goal. Yes Milner was pushed in his back but was it enough to send him sprawling, I genuinely don't know and would Micha have stood the challenge better, again I don't know. Watch Micah continually being caught out of position stood holding his hands out whilst staring into oblivion with that 'WTF' look on his face all game. Zabba's twice the defender and attacker and you play your strongest starting eleven at all times for me.

Red herring, Prof. Micah was following AJ, his man. Milner had his back and Bardsley, his man. Milner was fouled. You can quibble over whether Micah should have marked his zone or his man but both are reasonable options. The goal was the ref's fault not Pelle's or Micah's or Milner's.

Blueles61 said:
I'm fed up of squad rotation. Why does it have to be 4/5/6 players? Use the same nucleus of the team and rotate 1 or 2 if necessary.
Fernandinho, Nasty and Silva all picked up injuries. And those are only the ones we know about.

The full backs were rotated. I am surprised anyone is using this as a factor for our loss. It's just a straw to grasp at and use to blame for the defeat

I can't come up with any explanations myself tat are any better, but there's nothing to be gained from just piling on he misery. The only beneficiary is Man Utd and Arsenal

Stoned Rose said:
The loss today wasn't down to MPs selection, formation, tactics or underwear choice.

That team he put out today was more than capable of demolishing the 2nd Shittest team in this division.

You can skrike all you want and blame this that and the other but the reason for today's shit performance and shit result was that the players didn't put a shift in and didn't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy.

No ifs no buts. Simple as that.

So when the players don't put a shift in and don't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy on a regular basis, would you not say there's a bit of a pattern developing?

And if there is a pattern developing, who's job is it to ensure that the players do put in the effort required?

@BluePhil8 said:
ballinio said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Yes. Similarly if he had won all 11 it would be too early to judge. If we had judged Mancini after 11 games we would all want him out due to the shite football he employed in his first 6 months at the club.
I`ll take winning football all day long,whatever form it comes in

And here was me thinking that managers are judged on results - clearly not if you read some of the Pellegrini loving mugs on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.