Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

mancitymark said:
He is a Clown and no one will tell me different.

All that shite about, and I quote ....... " City Fans are going to see a brand of football, they haven't seen before"

Talks Shite
Tactics are Shite
Team Selections ate Shite
His after match interviews are Shite

Clown, fucking Clown

Interestingly enough (or not) the Finnish word for 'clown' is pelle.

de niro said:
Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

I feel for you mate I really do, been there done that. however to be fair to pelli even though i'm fuming he rotated we battered sunderland today, they got lucky. as did Chelsea and villa. the tide will turn I promise you.
It won't in this league away from home imho, if we keep playing 5 or 6 who aren't regular enough, and we play with 3 or 4 different defenders week in week out.

He needs to stop pissing around with the defence, all defences need to be relatively settled, 2 of the defensive changes today weren't necessary they played Tuesday, then Sunday, they shouldn't need resting.

Pellers doesn't know how we lost this game.....

That's worrying to me, he must obviously think that the attitude and some of the players are good enough for where the good sheikh wants to take us.

Unless he realises that we're not, we've got a long miserable season playing away from home ahead of us. Without Vinny and Silva we struggle big time and I'm sure the rest of the players know this and are on a downer before the games.

He needs to change our tactics to accommodate loss of key players especially away from home and quick.

crmcfc said:
Could not agree more with the comment. What do you expect when we employ a 60 odd year old who has never won anything and never managed in the premier league, has anyone thought about us not qualifying for CL?

Welcome to the forum, rag.

Stoned Rose said:
The loss today wasn't down to MPs selection, formation, tactics or underwear choice.

That team he put out today was more than capable of demolishing the 2nd Shittest team in this division.

You can skrike all you want and blame this that and the other but the reason for today's shit performance and shit result was that the players didn't put a shift in and didn't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy.

No ifs no buts. Simple as that.

Rubbish. Yaya and Garcia at the centre of a 442 is an accident waiting to happen against any team that has the "cheek" to try and press the ball and run a bit.

Cheesy said:
Stoned Rose said:
The loss today wasn't down to MPs selection, formation, tactics or underwear choice.

That team he put out today was more than capable of demolishing the 2nd Shittest team in this division.

You can skrike all you want and blame this that and the other but the reason for today's shit performance and shit result was that the players didn't put a shift in and didn't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy.

No ifs no buts. Simple as that.

So when the players don't put a shift in and don't show 10% of the required level of desire and energy on a regular basis, would you not say there's a bit of a pattern developing?

And if there is a pattern developing, who's job is it to ensure that the players do put in the effort required?

It was a poor post from Stoned Rose, not really worthy of being debated. Of course the desire levels were abysmal but that still lands at the door of the manager as much as the players.

Rammy Blue said:
hilts said:
Rammy Blue said:
That's what I said about 50 pages ago, I hate it when I know that the manager is making mistakes that I wouldn't make. FFS the guy is paid millions and yet I could pick a better starting 11 than him, plus better tactics. It really is that simple, imo.

Then why wouldn't they employ you on the fraction of the wages? after watching many city managers and england one's in particular i have come to the conclusion that either managers are
either vastly overrated or us fans are clueless

That's always the easy reply though.

Bottom line is, and you can check the pre-match thread, but as soon as the team was announced I said we'd struggle and it was the wrong side for today's game. Blatantly obvious he was relying on Sergio and Beast to win the game with no regard whatsoever about what we were going to face.

He should have mixed it up, gone 4-2-3-1 for example, and certainly, and I hate repeating myself, but ay manager who starts with Garcia, especially in a 4-4-2 really is bordering on being fucking clueless.

MP is certainly testing my patience.

You misunderstood i completely agree with you in fact the vast majority do, but i cannot understand why he does it, nobody with his experience in the game can be so daft, unless he can see something we can't, somebody somewhere must be able to come up with a reason for the garcia toure partnership, Pellegrini has a very good reputation in the game so what is he seeing that we are not

OB1 said:
Blue2112 said:
Marvin said:
I don't think it had any effect whatsoever on the result

Milner was clearly fouled for their goal, and the deficiencies in our game were our inability to turn total midfield dominance into chances. That's perhaps difficult when a team sticks 10 behind the ball, but it's not the full backs who open up defences

So Micah (the stronger right back) stood on the half way line probably talking to Yaya about flash cars or what to eat at San Carlo's later tonight whilst Miller (the weaker covering right back) had to cover for him didn't contribute to their first goal. Yes Milner was pushed in his back but was it enough to send him sprawling, I genuinely don't know and would Micha have stood the challenge better, again I don't know. Watch Micah continually being caught out of position stood holding his hands out whilst staring into oblivion with that 'WTF' look on his face all game. Zabba's twice the defender and attacker and you play your strongest starting eleven at all times for me.

Red herring, Prof. Micah was following AJ, his man. Milner had his back and Bardsley, his man. Milner was fouled. You can quibble over whether Micah should have marked his zone or his man but both are reasonable options. The goal was the ref's fault not Pelle's or Micah's or Milner's.

So is Micah still in Sunderland following him around now then. What happened to keeping your shape, sure if Micah got skinned by Johnson then shit happens and that's acceptable but to be pulled out of position like that nah not for me. Once AJ drops deep then he's Milners man surely.

ballinio said:
@BluePhil8 said:
bobmcfc said:
Well he did travel up to Sunderland to watch it so is say yes
But on the contrary, he seems to be judging somebody's managerial ability 11 games into the season...
if we`d lost all 11 would it be too early to judge him ?

sunderland judged Dicanio quite quickly and it appears that may have been a decent shout - cos they just beat us!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.