Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got tbh. We've got to bite the bullet and ship Pellers off. Actually agree with those that say he looks like he doesn't want to be here.

Kompany missed loads of games last season but we defended well overall. He hasn't learnt from his mistakes.

I'd be on the phone to Klopp tomorrow morning asking him what he wants and pay it to him. Perhaps Hiidink as a plan B but we are going backwards.

Re: Clueless manager

chaddblue said:
Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

In the interview I heard on 5-live, Pellegrini said we played well today and he is happy with how we are playing away from home, so he doesn't think there's a problem. Very very worrying

OH MY did he really did he actually say that? Now i am very very worried. This is by far the worst engineer i have ever seen!

de niro said:
ballinio said:
de niro said:
I feel for you mate I really do, been there done that. however to be fair to pelli even though i'm fuming he rotated we battered sunderland today, they got lucky. as did Chelsea and villa. the tide will turn I promise you.
we didn't batter anybody today, Sunderland got the goal and then withdrew to defend their goal, tactics. Villa did get lucky if you mean we handed the game to them on a plate & I`ll promise you we will get worse under this clown of a manager.

listen if it was up to me mancini would still be here, if some of the players didn't like him then it should have been them that left the club. however pelli is no clown. will he get it right? I don't know. the prem is such an unforgiving place to settle in to a new job and country. mancini was a born winner and even he came unstuck now and again.
if your looking for someone to blame for where we are take a look at the barca boys.

100% agree. 100%.

Also those players that went crying to the club cos big bad bobby didn't wank them off for making juvenile mistakes.

Uber Blue said:
What I know about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp. A quick question though: which of the following did you think on seeing the team sheet? 'That's a great line up, we're gonna be alright here', or was it a case of 'don't like the look of that defence and why the fuck is Garcia in the middle?'

I reckon the vast majority of supporters would have had musings concerning the latter. If that is the case, why the fuck couldn't the manager see the shortcomings with that line-up?
I agree entirely, great post. We know fuck all but could see we'd struggle when we saw that team and formation.
The first thing I thought was I hope Sunderland are as bad as we think they are or we might see another upset here. City didn't disappoint again.

For me it's pretty obvious.

Play your strongest team whenever you can in the PL and the Champions League.

Rotate all you like in the Capital One cup.

Rest a few / rotate a few in the FA Cup until (hopefully) the later stages.

And above all, dont play Garcia in either the PL or the Champions League as he is out of his depth in both, and to even contemplate him in a 2 man central midfield aganst any fucking opposition you want to name is an accident waiting to happen.

Also some of the palyers need to look at themselves, when its not going well some are hiding.

Today, IMHO only Nasri played well and did himself justice, the game passed most of the others by.

Blueles61 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Pellegrini simply isn't good enough and I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone after this season or perhaps even earlier depending on where we are in the table in January.

He's 60. I don't think he was ever going to be long term.
Ferran said in his post season interview that he has always held the philosophy of a two season cycle for managers. I am a staunch Pellegrini defender but if we don't improve I wouldn't be too surprised to see a new head coach come in this summer. That is the beauty of the director of football approach, we could theoretically change coaches without having to disrupt the squad too much. We can appoint coaches based on our squad.

I think Pellegrini is more of a pushover than being tactically inept.

If we played like that today under Mancini. Bobby would be going f*cking beserk on the touchline and then later call out the culprits in a press conference to the entire world. Khaldoon and the board are now in no position to complain, they wanted a boss to get on well with the players... and there seems to be a pattern with everywhere Pellegrini goes. A well respected manager where no one has a bad word to say about him. Sounds very Hughes/Redknapp like... you know why players kiss their ass? Because they're all pushovers who won't call out their own players when they turn in half-arsed performances.

Look at the long list of enemies Ferguson made, you only have to look at the extracts from his book to get an idea of what he was like, almost a dictator at Yoonited... bullied his way around the rags for over a decade, yet it got the results. And Mancini adopted the same philosophy, not here to make friends, but get results. And before last season even kicked off, he was undermined by the board and they had gone with players before the manager. The transfer window was a good indication of what was to come...

Aguero, Nasri, Clichy, Boateng, Silva, Toure, Kolarov, Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko etc. ambitious transfer targets in comparison to the 2012/13 season of:

Garcia, Maicon, Sinclair, Rodwell.

It's no secret, the best managers in football history make enemies, not friends. Tevez and Mancini, a huge dislike for each other... yet when they just got on with it, Tevez returned and immediately we got our finger out and closed that 8 pt gap to clinch the title. He also practically dragged us into the CL on his own. Same with Guardiola and Messi at Barcelona... neither got on well, but Messi played his best football under him. When Mancini was sacked and the club put out that statement about the holistic approach bollocks, my old man even said to me that it's going to be all backwards from here. If you want to make friends and have fun fun f*cking fun, just hire Redknapp and be done with it. Rinus Michels, widely known that he was a ruthless c*nt... a c*nt that got results is also regarded as the greatest manager of all time. Pellegrini has simply got to grow some balls, even with Joe Hart, backing a player and kissing his ass never works... can't help but feel the club are trying to please the media rather than put the club itself first. They like managers like Redknapp, managers who will kiss English footballs backside but go out and lose on a weekly basis. Ferguson had a habit of banning them... Pellegrini simply needs to be more demanding and aggresive, it looks as if he has the respect but no authority. And there's a difference there.

avoidconfusion said:
Pellegrini simply isn't good enough and I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone after this season or perhaps even earlier depending on where we are in the table in January.

Maybe Roberto might consider coming back in January.
Could be worth a try; 'no hard feelings' and all that. I'm sure he'd be welcome back with open arms. You don't know what you've got till you've lost it. I'm sure that's how Chelsea fans felt when Jose left first time

Rammy Blue said:
hilts said:
Rammy Blue said:
That's always the easy reply though.

Bottom line is, and you can check the pre-match thread, but as soon as the team was announced I said we'd struggle and it was the wrong side for today's game. Blatantly obvious he was relying on Sergio and Beast to win the game with no regard whatsoever about what we were going to face.

He should have mixed it up, gone 4-2-3-1 for example, and certainly, and I hate repeating myself, but ay manager who starts with Garcia, especially in a 4-4-2 really is bordering on being fucking clueless.

MP is certainly testing my patience.

You misunderstood i completely agree with you in fact the vast majority do, but i cannot understand why he does it, nobody with his experience in the game can be so daft, unless he can see something we can't, somebody somewhere must be able to come up with a reason for the garcia toure partnership, Pellegrini has a very good reputation in the game so what is he seeing that we are not

No probs, apologies mate, I'm still so fucking irritated by that shite today, it completely fucks up my day and puts me in a shit frame of mind for the week ahead.

Even lots of vino isn't helping....

;-)

No problem mate, the only reason i can think of is that he feels the need to rotate and gambles against the lesser teams, but looking how we have done so far this season doing this it would worry me greatly if this was the case

how many good teams play with two in midfield and two up front? bizarre

chesterbells said:
avoidconfusion said:

Maybe Roberto might consider coming back in January.
Could be worth a try; 'no hard feelings' and all that. I'm sure he'd be welcome back with open arms. You don't know what you've got till you've lost it. I'm sure that's how Chelsea fans felt when Jose left first time

Noooooooo!
Did a great job, but it was time to for him to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.