Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

bobmcfc said:
Marvin said:
bobmcfc said:
How's that then, is he threatening to win an away game ?
We have bossed every away game, therefore there's not a lot wrong

We've had to deal with absences to players like hart, Kompany and Silva. That run will I hope come to an end

There's two reasons for a start.

I wish those excuses were enough but they aren't. People aren't going to be happy with results like this and when he needlessly messes with the team there will be questions asked when he messes up
I know no ones happy getting beat

But Nasty, Silva and Fernandinho were injured. And you don't know if Clichy is fully fit. I suspect he isn't. Anyway the rotation of fullbacks was irrelevant as the game was lost due to our inability to convert 70% possession into enough clear cut chances

In hindsight a point would have been OK given other results and we certainly deserved at least that

I maintain that it's only a matter of time before we start turning the away defeats into draws and wins, and when that happens we will be challenging for the title. What gives me confidence? The quality of our game, and faith in the players who have done it before. We've seen City struggle to win away games before under Mancini and then we came good. It can happen.

SuperYaya said:
Lets ask a question, who knows the team best, Bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk poster "Colins Bellend" or Manuel Pellegrini, a man who has worked professionally in football for about 40 years, has managed the biggest team in the world and is paid millions for his football coaching? Maybe we can then ask, who is more likely to be clueless in this situation?

I think CB should be given a chance,what he lacks in experience he makes up for in passion and a will to win.
Tactics,team selection and trophy's won wont be much worse either!:-)

24 shots to their 5

14 corners to their nil

twice the possession that they have

yet somehow we still manage to lose????????

OB1 said:
Bluescholar said:
andypandy said:
There's no middle ground with us. We either batter someone (at home), or we lose (away).

We need to learn again how to win ugly away from home, and if we cant win then at lease make sure we dont lose.

They sound like winning tactics, the 'wide open spaces' tactics currently deployed away don't.
Forget pretty when struggling and dig in. Can we do this? Is it holistic enough ;-)

Wasn't going to post again tonight but couldn't resist a response here. Maybe City do offer wide open spaces but fact is that there has been less play in City's half of the pitch so far this season and City have conceded less shots than any other team. We've had more possession than any other team and have better pass completion. We've scored more and are running second on shots and shots on target. Pellegrini is not doing much wrong and we are a bit a fine tuning and a bit of luck away from good away results.

You're talking as if it's a blip but our away record is 1-1-4 and we should have lost at Stoke! That means in 5 out of 6 away games we have been rubbish . Pellegrini has basically said the same things in his after match interview that he said previously (possession blah blah unlucky blah blah) so it looks like the approach isn't going to change. From the remaining away games (seeing as 5 of the easier games are out of the way) I can't see us mounting either a title challenge or even a top 4 finish the way we are playing away.

The cookie monster said:
OB1 said:
Bluescholar said:
They sound like winning tactics, the 'wide open spaces' tactics currently deployed away don't.
Forget pretty when struggling and dig in. Can we do this? Is it holistic enough ;-)

Wasn't going to post again tonight but couldn't resist a response here. Maybe City do offer wide open spaces but fact is that there has been less play in City's half of the pitch so far this season and City have conceded less shots than any other team. We've had more possession than any other team and have better pass completion. We've scored more and are running second on shots and shots on target. Pellegrini is not doing much wrong and we are a bit a fine tuning and a bit of luck away from good away results.
And all that has got us 8th place
Great stuff.

We both know it's not a great but my opinion is that things are nothing like as bad as many would like to paint it. A quarter of the goals that we have conceded should have been disallowed FFS, several more we down to stupid errors. If we keep conceding the fewest shots and allowing our opponents less time in our half than any other club, the goals against will start to normalise. If we keep achieving the other stats, the goals will rain in and we won't finish the season as low as 8th but we might well still finish top of the league.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.

tumblr_m4x21sIJh91r31wv0o1_400.gif

bobmcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.

I will soon have consumed as much alcohol as you

I hope

Sober as a judge!

Will bookmark this all the same ;)

If Mancini was ousted by player-power, wtf are the players doing now under the present manager? Our away record is fuckin embarrassing - one of the worst in the league.

If Mancini was ousted by the Board then there's not a cat in hell's chance of Pellegrini being in charge next season.

BL2blue said:
OB1 said:
Bluescholar said:

You're talking as if it's a blip but our away record is 1-1-4 and we should have lost at Stoke! That means in 5 out of 6 away games we have been rubbish . Pellegrini has basically said the same things in his after match interview that he said previously (possession blah blah unlucky blah blah) so it looks like the approach isn't going to change. From the remaining away games (seeing as 5 of the easier games are out of the way) I can't see us mounting either a title challenge or even a top 4 finish the way we are playing away.

See my response to cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.