Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

Marvin said:
bobmcfc said:
Marvin said:
We have bossed every away game, therefore there's not a lot wrong

We've had to deal with absences to players like hart, Kompany and Silva. That run will I hope come to an end

There's two reasons for a start.

I wish those excuses were enough but they aren't. People aren't going to be happy with results like this and when he needlessly messes with the team there will be questions asked when he messes up
I know no ones happy getting beat

But Nasty, Silva and Fernandinho were injured. And you don't know if Clichy is fully fit. I suspect he isn't. Anyway the rotation of fullbacks was irrelevant as the game was lost due to our inability to convert 70% possession into enough clear cut chances

In hindsight a point would have been OK given other results and we certainly deserved at least that

I maintain that it's only a matter of time before we start turning the away defeats into draws and wins, and when that happens we will be challenging for the title. What gives me confidence? The quality of our game, and faith in the players who have done it before. We've seen City struggle to win away games before under Mancini and then we came good. It can happen.

If Clichy isn't fit ( you can't actually prove that) then you play zaba if you intend to play a newly acquired and untested demichelis/lescott partnership. I feel that is a no brainer in anyone's book. If you want my opinion on that midfield I'm happy to give it if you want it

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.
I think we will go very close too, although I don't want to see any vendetta against the so called squad players. Dzeko can go. The rest are squad players. You can't have a squad of star players who all want games. Enough cheque book management and change

Time now to buckle down and get the results. Enough change. That creates its own problems

Last year we blamed Mancini for the iffy away form, this year pelle....

....how about the players taking some responsibility for once?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

We will be champions.

I really hope you're right. Just cant see it being this season.

Txiki Begiristain and farran Soriano hand picked Manuel Pellegrini as there yes man who will incorporate there signings into a team so all you blues looking for a scape goat in Manuel I'm afraid he's here for the long haul.

How stupid will the two Spanish wheelers and dealers look if they hand the engineer his P45 after 11-15 EPL games in charge, we would certainly live up to the rags nickname 'the laughing stock'!

I wonder what they would think however if this scenario occurred (results wise over the next 5 EPL fixtures)

Spurs H) draw, Swansea H) Won, WBA A) Draw, Southampton A) lost, Arsenal H) draw

That would be 6 points from the next 5 games and not entirly unrealistic. We would have massed 25 points out of a possible 45 which would clearly be unacceptable.

My point is do you think the media/fans would be calling for his head so soon??

@BluePhil8 said:
Blueles61 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Pellegrini simply isn't good enough and I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone after this season or perhaps even earlier depending on where we are in the table in January.

He's 60. I don't think he was ever going to be long term.
Ferran said in his post season interview that he has always held the philosophy of a two season cycle for managers. I am a staunch Pellegrini defender but if we don't improve I wouldn't be too surprised to see a new head coach come in this summer. That is the beauty of the director of football approach, we could theoretically change coaches without having to disrupt the squad too much. We can appoint coaches based on our squad.

Ferran is severely misguided and deluded if he thinks that kind of formula will work in the Premier League. Where managers can just walk in one season win the League and Champions league and walk out. Unless the man is a genius new managers need at least 6 months to one season to find any sort of good away form. Winning away in the PL is probably the toughest in Europe. The Premier League has only been won by 6 managers one of them is Mancini. It's no surprise that the longest serving manager is top of the table right now. The one that just retired dominated for the past 2 decades.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bobmcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We will be champions.

I will soon have consumed as much alcohol as you

I hope

Sober as a judge!

Will bookmark this all the same ;)

Of the 7 players above who are all on borrowed time, Pellegrini chose to play 6 of them?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

We will be champions.

You sound like a desperate man repeating a mantra so that your wishes come true.

By the way 4 of these deadwoods are English. so where does that leave us re the homegrown quota? And by the way if Pellegrini is as you suggest being let down by useless players why were you so vehement in your opinion that Mancini was underachieving?

Do agree with you re Barry.

Marvin said:
Anyway the rotation of fullbacks was irrelevant.
it wasn't. Anyone remember the bit when kola and his winger left the ball to each other? Proper farcical. Our passing along the back four was hideous at times. Richards was so poor he was clearly ignored by team-mates whenever possible. Pass badly at the back and it affects the midfield. you end up taking stupid pot shots when the midfield fails to create clear openings.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bobmcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We will be champions.

I hope

Sober as a judge!

I won't be s<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:59 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bobmcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We will be champions.

I hope

Sober as a judge!

I won't be sober soon but go ahead ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.