Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the forum from today is just like reading it under a loss with Bobby, more opinions fueled by agenda than actual looking at the real problems.
Lack of effort didn't cost us today, but lack of application did.
What's concerning for me, is our lack of cover in central midfield. Both Milner & Garcia don't possess the ability to play the way Manuel wants/needs them too for different aspects of their game they slow down our attacking game. I'd say Rodwell could but I'm honestly unsure he went from looking like a bunny caught in the headlights to a marauding midfielder and then back again on top of his injuries he's hardly ideal cover at the moment.
We definitely need a plan b I don't think it cost us heavily today, despite the score,but it will we can't expect Yaya & Fernandinho to play every game.
I know were trying to develop a new style, which I'm all for, but you can't force it if you haven't got the personnel. Sometimes you just gotta win ugly ... Just not too often please ;)

Re: Clueless manager

JamesA said:
Shocking, shocking away form would suggest he doesn't quite 'get' the Premiership or how to battle it out in away games. I knew we'd struggle as soon as I saw our lineup today. Pellegrini just a massive gamble, and it looks like it might backfire, he doesn't understand the premiership. In particular we seem to play shit every time Javi garcia and Kolarov play in the same team,

Yaya was also an embarassment today. Imagine someone like Vieira in his prime playing like yaya did today? Nope, he'd have got that midfield by the scruff of the neck and affected the game. We just haven't got enough spirit within the squad, or enough players who can really grind it out when the going gets tough.

Yaya goes home now, and goes oh well, £220k a week, he will sleep well tonight, it just doesn't seem to hurt them enough, there is not enough passion or depth of feeling from the players towards the club. Time for a rethink about how we build for the future methinks, look at what Rodgers is creating at Liverpool with less money but more focus on the group collective and team spirit. We've built our team on greedy players who just can't be arsed for games like today.

Can't disagree with any of that especially the last bit. Loved to have someone like Rodgers really building this club the right way.

berniethebusman said:
Reading the forum from today is just like reading it under a loss with Bobby, more opinions fueled by agenda than actual looking at the real problems.
Lack of effort didn't cost us today, but lack of application did.
What's concerning for me, is our lack of cover in central midfield. Both Milner & Garcia don't possess the ability to play the way Manuel wants/needs them too for different aspects of their game they slow down our attacking game. I'd say Rodwell could but I'm honestly unsure he went from looking like a bunny caught in the headlights to a marauding midfielder and then back again on top of his injuries he's hardly ideal cover at the moment.
We definitely need a plan b I don't think it cost us heavily today, despite the score,but it will we can't expect Yaya & Fernandinho to play every game.
I know were trying to develop a new style, which I'm all for, but you can't force it if you haven't got the personnel. Sometimes you just gotta win ugly ... Just not too often please ;)

Problem is we are not up for winning these games , ugly , pretty or whatever.

No excuses , that side we put out is more than capable of winning against a side with one win in ten.

We didn't want it bad enough and that is effort as well as application , effort to put yourself in the right position to contest the crosses for starters.

I am afraid there will be more of this to come from this side this season which may well be the kick up the arse then club needs if it finishes where we lie at present which is on the cards unless the mindset changes.

Re: Clueless manager

They look a soft touch away from home. Flawless home record though. Its as if the team expects to beat anyone without hard work and sweat. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Obviously missing Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho didn't help one bit but the away record has to improve here on in or fans will/may turn on Pellers because of the results. Regardless, got to give the manager one season before he can be judged holistically ;)

MillionDollarDream said:
Kolo Toure has barley played for Liverpool
Think you'll find he's started and completed eight out of eleven games with a further sub appearance meaning he's played 75% of Liverpool's total Premier League minutes this season. However, how often he's played for Liverpool is irrelevant because he didn't want to stay, Pellegrini cannot be blamed in any way, shape or form.

Skashion said:
MillionDollarDream said:
Kolo Toure has barley played for Liverpool
Think you'll find he's started and completed eight out of eleven games with a further sub appearance meaning he's played 75% of Liverpool's total Premier League minutes this season. However, how often he's played for Liverpool is irrelevant because he didn't want to stay, Pellegrini cannot be blamed in any way, shape or form.

If he said he had a role to play under him and we had given him another year he would have in all likelihood stayed given his brother had resigned.

He hasn't played too bad for them outside an average game against Arsenal and shows a bit of leadership which we sadly lack at the club at present.

In saying that we need to move on from the likes of Kolo and Barry even though its in the type of games we have been found wanting so far this season that they would have given as much as the got.

Finding it very hard to take to him.
Why is that .

I remember watching an interview with a reporter from Marca prior to his official appointment and he was ambivalent about Pelligrini . He lost away from home in the Copa Del Rey to a so called minnow and that was a key moment in his demise. He had lost the fans and that was that. Sacked after 1 season.

It feels we are already at the same point.
He is too cool for school and aloof.

When do the Spanish guys put their hands up and admit their huge mistake.

I am a big believer in making a good start in whatever you are doing is critical.

4 points from 18 on our travels is unforgivable .

That is relegation form.
Points projection is currently 65 points.

That is the worst nights sleep in have had in years.

Wanted to get up at 4 am and get this off my chest.

Sorry Manuel , I'm out.

mancity1 said:
If he said he had a role to play under him and we had given him another year he would have in all likelihood stayed given his brother had resigned.

He hasn't played too bad for them outside an average game against Arsenal and shows a bit of leadership which we sadly lack at the club at present.

In saying that we need to move on from the likes of Kolo and Barry even though its in the type of games we have been found wanting so far this season that they would have given as much as the got.
But why should Kolo have had any more role to play under Pellegrini than under Mancini? Even if he hadn't brought in Demichelis he wouldn't have been first-choice. I think he'd made up his mind to go come what may. The deal for Kolo to go to Liverpool was reached in principle before Pellegrini was even officially our manager.

I don't know if Barry was his call or not but it may well have come from above in order to get Barry's wages off the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.