Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.

Good stuff Tolm a little brightness on this dull Monday

That's all fine. I supported Mancini and will support Pellers. However, the key is definitely being in the top three at the end of December, otherwise the dead wood might include the manager. The time has come to say the away performances are unacceptable and have to change or all those responsible will face the consequences.

On the flip side, all this 'we need 26-30 points away from home' business is erroneous as the points total to win the Prem changes [top of my head] is between about 80-90 points and could even be less this year.

However, after the international break, with no make or break European games until February [and no great pressure to succeed in the cups - just a bonus, as it seems], then there will be absolutely no excuses. All teams get injuries, suspensions and dips in form. But prolonged failures away from home will not be tolerated either in the Etihad or in Abu Dhabi, and of that I am certain. Time for Pellers to show his worth over the six weeks starting on 24th. Unfortunately, as it's my birthday and I'll be watching it with my Indian rag mates in Dubai, I expect us to get hammered by Spurs. Then there will be trouble...

bluemoonmatt said:
The kind of blind faith being shown in this thread for me leads to the kind of complacency which is at the very heart of our problems. Oh well we got beat today but we played well so onwards, oh well we drew and didn't play great but at least it's a point, oh well we got beat again but we again played well so well get it right next time, oh well we got beat today but it was Chelsea and we didn't deserve to were on the right track, oh well we got beat today but we were better side by far so ...... Aaaaarrrrggghhh

Your talking like we have any control over the situation

bluemoonmatt said:
Having slept on it I can't say this feels any better. When all said and done we should be beating cdiff stoke villa and sland in our sleep. For this to not happen once, well shit happens, twice is unfortunate three times is unacceptable but four times is unforgivable. We have a psychological problem, that is upto the manager to rectify and this is not happening.

Exactly. Chalking the odd one upto bad luck, fair enough, player error, ok.. Four losses? Already? Nah, sorry. Not having it. If we were struggling that much any half decent team/manager would at the very least make sure if we weren't winning that we were at least drawing. Another golden set peice opportunity at the death yesterday, perfect chance to salvage a point, but we couldn't, because our group set peices are SHITE!!

adrianr said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Having slept on it I can't say this feels any better. When all said and done we should be beating cdiff stoke villa and sland in our sleep. For this to not happen once, well shit happens, twice is unfortunate three times is unacceptable but four times is unforgivable. We have a psychological problem, that is upto the manager to rectify and this is not happening.

Exactly. Chalking the odd one upto bad luck, fair enough, player error, ok.. Four losses? Already? Nah, sorry. Not having it. If we were struggling that much any half decent team/manager would at the very least make sure if we weren't winning that we were at least drawing. Another golden set peice opportunity at the death yesterday, perfect chance to salvage a point, but we couldn't, because our group set peices are SHITE!!

How many corners yesterday and nearly all a fukin joke

bluemoonmatt said:
The kind of blind faith being shown in this thread for me leads to the kind of complacency which is at the very heart of our problems. Oh well we got beat today but we played well so onwards, oh well we drew and didn't play great but at least it's a point, oh well we got beat again but we again played well so well get it right next time, oh well we got beat today but it was Chelsea and we didn't deserve to were on the right track, oh well we got beat today but we were better side by far so ...... Aaaaarrrrggghhh

Its a year of transition (LOL) so that means a 9th place finish by all accounts would soften the blow if it occurred.

There are no excuses for 1-1-4 and one point from 4 sides touted as relegation candidates.

I am sure the club realises they are underperforming and by some degree but whether they can be bothered doing something positive about it remains to be seen.

The answer is simple.

Sack the Barça boys. They're going back to Barça in a year or two anyway and to my (admittedly warped when it comes to all things city) mind they are here solely with the intention of destabilising our project to prevent us becoming a European threat to Barcelona.

Give MP the rest of the season with a remit to make top 4. If he does so give him full control over transfers in the summer to clear out anyone he doesn't fancy and bring in his own players.

If he fails to make top 4 (possible at the moment) remove him in the summer and give galatasary a blank check to release Mancini. Then give bobby a blank cheque to come back, and an unlimited budget which he would have full control over spending.

It's the Barça assassins that are the problem. Getting rid of them is the solution. MP is caught in the crosshairs, same as bobby was.

lancs blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin? -- Hard to tell who's better as none of them have exactly pulled up trees in the trophy department but at present there's no great argument either for saying Pellegrini is better.

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix. -- 3 tough home games against Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool plus 2 tough away trips in 4 days to WBA and Southampton, both of whom are far better than teams that have taken points off us already away from home. I hope you're right but I'm really not sure where your optimism comes from.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long. -- Right so we're going to sacrifice our hard won CL knockout place in order to perform major surgery on the squad midway through the season. You haven't thought this through have you? Get rid of Richards (club-trained) and that's one less place in an already depleted CL squad, which can only have 3 new faces in it for the next stage and we can't add new signings to the CL squad who've already played in the CL group stages so that rules out most of the top class players. Our execs seem fixated on CL success so why would they follow your suggested course of action in offloading 4 or 5 players in January?

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.
Take the next 4 games...

Spurs (H)
Swansea(H)
WBA (A)
Soton (A)

Are you seriously telling me you expect to lose at WBA and Soton just because we lost at Cardiff and Sunderland?

I would expect City to take 10 points from that.

A statistical projection of where we will be at the end of the year based on our current away form is pointless because it ignores the potential of the squad. It is perfectly possible and very likely that City will immediately turn around the unacceptable poor away form.

Nevertheless I'd still back City to beat Spurs and Swansea at home, and take 4 points from WBA and Saints away

don't see the point in carrying a batch of players who just arent up to it just to reach the required squad numbers

cut them loose, start to bring some of our own through and slash the wage bill in the bargain eg lopez and guidetti for likes of garcia and dzeko

they'll also bring an energy and desire to EVERY match some of our first team might do well to match

People need to go back to how we felt BEFORE yesterday's game. Optimistic, content, whatever - we were coming off some good results and seeing some great football. Another win and we're sitting pretty to challenge for the top spot - everyone could feel it.

Then we go and lose. All of a sudden the world has caved in, all our players are crap, Mancini wouldn't have taken us backwards and now some are calling for the manager's head!

The point is, this change in opinion is down to ONE game. This is a crazy start to the season. No team is yet running away with it, and there's no reason to believe it can't be us that string a run together. A poor result it certainly was, however, and it is certainly apparent that MP has not yet worked out how the Premier League works - surely lower positioned teams are supposed to roll over for us, like they do in La Liga. I would hope he now sees that the best team doesn't always win, that you need to know how to grind out results when needed. If he can't see the need for a Bellamy or Tevez type character to dictate play, and not a like-for-like Silva playmaker, then we will continue to struggle.

However you look at it though, we started the day 6pts behind the leaders, and ended the day the same. That is a get-out-of-jail card, better not f*ck it up from here.

Ducado said:
bluemoonmatt said:

Your talking like we have any control over the situation
WE don't, MP does though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.