Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gelly said:
Didn't Mark Hughes get sacked for this kind of form in December?

The comparisons regarding circumstances are uncanny........ yep.youre definitely on to something with that one.......

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.

Good stuff Tolm a little brightness on this dull Monday

Pelegrini needs time to install the way he wants his players to play, and the players will need time to adjust to that system as well. That's as far as I go about Pellegrini. He will find out some players will not be up to it and the early signs say the ones who lack technique and vision in reading the game will suffer. Talking about the man up for the job at this stage is just plain stupid, honestly it is.
But we are fans, so we can say the man was great after we beat Norwich and CSKA 7-0 and 5-2, and say we should sack him 4 days later because we lost at Sunderland.

It was not the tinkering because we were far the better side.
It was not the injuries, because we were far the better side.
It was the lame start that lasted 45 minutes with no tempo and pressure on the ball, the two main items Pellegrini wants in his system of play. He did changed it around at halftime, but it was too late.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin? -- Hard to tell who's better as none of them have exactly pulled up trees in the trophy department but at present there's no great argument either for saying Pellegrini is better.

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix. -- 3 tough home games against Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool plus 2 tough away trips in 4 days to WBA and Southampton, both of whom are far better than teams that have taken points off us already away from home. I hope you're right but I'm really not sure where your optimism comes from.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long. -- Right so we're going to sacrifice our hard won CL knockout place in order to perform major surgery on the squad midway through the season. You haven't thought this through have you? Get rid of Richards (club-trained) and that's one less place in an already depleted CL squad, which can only have 3 new faces in it for the next stage and we can't add new signings to the CL squad who've already played in the CL group stages so that rules out most of the top class players. Our execs seem fixated on CL success so why would they follow your suggested course of action in offloading 4 or 5 players in January?

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

We will be champions.

lancs blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin? -- Hard to tell who's better as none of them have exactly pulled up trees in the trophy department but at present there's no great argument either for saying Pellegrini is better.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix. -- 3 tough home games against Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool plus 2 tough away trips in 4 days to WBA and Southampton, both of whom are far better than teams that have taken points off us already away from home. I hope you're right but I'm really not sure where your optimism comes from.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long. -- Right so we're going to sacrifice our hard won CL knockout place in order to perform major surgery on the squad midway through the season. You haven't thought this through have you? Get rid of Richards (club-trained) and that's one less place in an already depleted CL squad, which can only have 3 new faces in it for the next stage and we can't add new signings to the CL squad who've already played in the CL group stages so that rules out most of the top class players. Our execs seem fixated on CL success so why would they follow your suggested course of action in offloading 4 or 5 players in January?

We will be champions.

Tolmie has on occasion been prone to the odd piece of optimism since MP was appointed.

No problems with that its an opinion sport when it comes to predictions for the remaining 27 games.

Spurs will be our first test of how good our home form really is so far.

Assuming he means we will be champions this year I agree given no side has started this poorly away from home 14 points dropped out of a possible 18 and gone on to win the title and given who we still have to play away from home 11/4 for the title is way under the odds a form student would be quoting for us.

We will probably need around 30 points away from home to give ourselves a realistic chance of winning the title so 26 points from 12 games given who we have to play is a tall order.

This would allow us to drop around 9 points from our remaining home games as 78-80 points could win it this year.

Presently though we are a long way off these targets however and like you I fail to see how we can be relied upon to flick a switch and start winning away from home on a regular basis.

Having slept on it I can't say this feels any better. When all said and done we should be beating cdiff stoke villa and sland in our sleep. For this to not happen once, well shit happens, twice is unfortunate three times is unacceptable but four times is unforgivable. We have a psychological problem, that is upto the manager to rectify and this is not happening.

lancs blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We will be champions.

A total disection of the Tolmie doctrine

tolmie's hairdoo said:
...Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.....Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.
bit late for bonfire night - but I can think of someone rather older who might deserve to be on top of that pile

Re: Clueless manager

kippax81 said:
herewegoagain said:
Agree, we have another clown in charge with a fancy foreign name. Why did he play Garcia? He is useless, why not Rodwell? Sunderland had one forward yet he changed like for like taking off Negredo for Dzecko and Richards for Zaba? Should have taken a defender off and kept Negredo on. Navas was great first 5 mins, then started going inside? Where is the coaching for the bleeding obvious? Peligrini also totally ballsed up against Bayern. They had 5 in midfield, and probably the best midfield in Europe, so he plays 4 in midfield and had Dzecko upfront who can't trap a bag of cement so nothing sticks.We got battered but wouldn't have if he would have used basic football common sense! Mancini wasn't any better, he made some ridiculous decisions and we got very lucky winning the league and the cup if we are honest. We need to find a manager who has common sense and knows the Premier League inside out. It's not rocket science. Finally who is that miserable looking git who sits next to Pelligrini? How the hell would he inspire anybody. Is is jobs for his mates yet again? How much do these clowns earn? Money for old rope.

W T F ?

Get fucked Rag. FWIW it's Dzeko ( no letter C ) and it's Pellegrini ( double 'L' and two letter E's and then two I's ).

I am not a Rag, I typed this as soon as I got back from watching that crap costing me a fortune. Did you go? How can you argue with anything I said? Or are you just another happy clapper?Thanks for the spelling lesson, it's hard to spell correctly when you are raging!Tell me anything I said that is wrong.

The kind of blind faith being shown in this thread for me leads to the kind of complacency which is at the very heart of our problems. Oh well we got beat today but we played well so onwards, oh well we drew and didn't play great but at least it's a point, oh well we got beat again but we again played well so well get it right next time, oh well we got beat today but it was Chelsea and we didn't deserve to were on the right track, oh well we got beat today but we were better side by far so ...... Aaaaarrrrggghhh

Ultimately, the manager is responsible for getting the players to perform to their ability, if this wad happening, we would have won at least half those games. But it isn't happening, clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.