Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kazzydeyna said:
The answer is simple.

Sack the Barça boys. They're going back to Barça in a year or two anyway and to my (admittedly warped when it comes to all things city) mind they are here solely with the intention of destabilising our project to prevent us becoming a European threat to Barcelona.

Give MP the rest of the season with a remit to make top 4. If he does so give him full control over transfers in the summer to clear out anyone he doesn't fancy and bring in his own players.

If he fails to make top 4 (possible at the moment) remove him in the summer and give galatasary a blank check to release Mancini. Then give bobby a blank cheque to come back, and an unlimited budget which he would have full control over spending.

It's the Barça assassins that are the problem. Getting rid of them is the solution. MP is caught in the crosshairs, same as bobby was.

Ridiculous.

The Barca men have signed players who have looked good and proved to be good buys. Jovetic still to come yet too.

Bobby is not a knight in shining armour either, he is now in a do or die fixture against Juventus because he failed to beat the mighty Copenhagen with Galatasaray (whom btw qualified last season).

Pellegrini has set the team up well but is being hindered by injuries and poor form, he is also adapting to our league. He should however shore up the midfield by dropping a striker and protecting Yaya+Fernandinho with Rodwell, Milner or Garcia. We need a clear out in Jan, no doubt about it.

willy eckerslike said:
People need to go back to how we felt BEFORE yesterday's game. Optimistic, content, whatever - we were coming off some good results and seeing some great football. Another win and we're sitting pretty to challenge for the top spot - everyone could feel it.

Then we go and lose. All of a sudden the world has caved in, all our players are crap, Mancini wouldn't have taken us backwards and now some are calling for the manager's head!

The point is, this change in opinion is down to ONE game. This is a crazy start to the season. No team is yet running away with it, and there's no reason to believe it can't be us that string a run together. A poor result it certainly was, however, and it is certainly apparent that MP has not yet worked out how the Premier League works - surely lower positioned teams are supposed to roll over for us, like they do in La Liga. I would hope he now sees that the best team doesn't always win, that you need to know how to grind out results when needed. If he can't see the need for a Bellamy or Tevez type character to dictate play, and not a like-for-like Silva playmaker, then we will continue to struggle.

However you look at it though, we started the day 6pts behind the leaders, and ended the day the same. That is a get-out-of-jail card, better not f*ck it up from here.

Good summery of where we are at and one most rational people could not disagree with

I don't know where this 'See how it goes' attitude comes from. Coming 9th? Seriously? Minimum is top 3 so that transfers and other strategy can be planned accordingly. If that's not looking likely half way through the season, I would be amazed if the owners did not take action. Even after 5 years, some of you underestimate the Sheikh, Khaldoon and ADUG. The business comes first, and that means the CL and trophies, end of.

I know it wasn't designed as such but the statement that Milner, Dzeko, Garcia, Hart, Richards etc will be shown the door and will be out of the club is the most irresponsible and damaging claim that anyone could make. I doubt a tabloid journalist could invent a more damaging story so I fully expect to see it in print soon! Think of the effect on the dressing room.

Stick together. One game at a time, and we will turn it around

willy eckerslike said:
People need to go back to how we felt BEFORE yesterday's game. Optimistic, content, whatever - we were coming off some good results and seeing some great football. Another win and we're sitting pretty to challenge for the top spot - everyone could feel it.

Then we go and lose. All of a sudden the world has caved in, all our players are crap, Mancini wouldn't have taken us backwards and now some are calling for the manager's head!

The point is, this change in opinion is down to ONE game. This is a crazy start to the season. No team is yet running away with it, and there's no reason to believe it can't be us that string a run together. A poor result it certainly was, however, and it is certainly apparent that MP has not yet worked out how the Premier League works - surely lower positioned teams are supposed to roll over for us, like they do in La Liga. I would hope he now sees that the best team doesn't always win, that you need to know how to grind out results when needed. If he can't see the need for a Bellamy or Tevez type character to dictate play, and not a like-for-like Silva playmaker, then we will continue to struggle.

However you look at it though, we started the day 6pts behind the leaders, and ended the day the same. That is a get-out-of-jail card, better not f*ck it up from here.
Were using all the get outta jail cards up, in order for us to finish top 4 nevermind winners we now must win the vast majority of games many against better teams than those weve already lost to. Does anyone realistically see that happening, if so u wish I shared you're optimism.

[1] Best defence in the Prem to leaky colander in 5 months (and yes statistically even without Kompany we were one of the best defences).
[2] Clueless team selections in matches that we know will be a battle - yet the penny clearly hasn't dropped yet.
[3] A total inability to change tactics to turn games around where the opposition take the lead and we don't equalise more or less instantly.
[4] Subs that I really have to scratch my head about.
[5] Still so fecking slow to counter attack. OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM LAST SEASON.

The reason why he has won fuck-all in Spain since he racked up is clear for everyone to see.

Get rid now or the season is gone. Probably qualification for the CL as well the way things are going.

Re: Clueless manager

Bluescholar said:
SuperYaya said:
Lets ask a question, who knows the team best, Bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk poster "Colins Bellend" or Manuel Pellegrini, a man who has worked professionally in football for about 40 years, has managed the biggest team in the world and is paid millions for his football coaching? Maybe we can then ask, who is more likely to be clueless in this situation?

I think CB should be given a chance,what he lacks in experience he makes up for in passion and a will to win.
Tactics,team selection and trophy's won wont be much worse either!:-)

But even the best ask for advice when approaching a new situation and use the people who know the arena they are entering!! Mr Pellegrini has never managed in the Premier League and is using the pale faced man who sits next to him at the matches, who has also, to my knowledge, never mnaged a PL club, instead of asking Brian Kidd who has been in English Football, Division 1 and Premier League, man and boy and could have told him that sometimes you have to go for a consistent team and not use rotation especially when the people from the consistent team (albeit only two games because of the constant rotation!) have just scored 7 goals and 5 goals. Yes there were some injuries from said consistent team but you keep together the rest of them. That my friend, in my opinion, does not need someone being paid millions just someone using COMMON SENSE a skill sadly lacking at the moment I am afraid.

I find it very strange that we have only had the same team for two matches. Yes rotate but rotate when we have a number of games one after another. We have no games now because of another International break so we didn't need rotation. And that is common sense surely? Maybe I should ask Sheikh Mansour to pay me 1,000 pennies for that advice? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.