Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've blown an awful lot of gimme away games and made it an uphill struggle to win the league.

The problem is though is that Pelli isn't learning and also has an in balanced squad. The latter isn't his fault but tactically he should be getting a team out to produce results against poor sides.

Being mates with players is great when we we win.

As it stands he's getting close to borrowed time.

bluemoonmatt said:
willy eckerslike said:
People need to go back to how we felt BEFORE yesterday's game. Optimistic, content, whatever - we were coming off some good results and seeing some great football. Another win and we're sitting pretty to challenge for the top spot - everyone could feel it.

Then we go and lose. All of a sudden the world has caved in, all our players are crap, Mancini wouldn't have taken us backwards and now some are calling for the manager's head!

The point is, this change in opinion is down to ONE game. This is a crazy start to the season. No team is yet running away with it, and there's no reason to believe it can't be us that string a run together. A poor result it certainly was, however, and it is certainly apparent that MP has not yet worked out how the Premier League works - surely lower positioned teams are supposed to roll over for us, like they do in La Liga. I would hope he now sees that the best team doesn't always win, that you need to know how to grind out results when needed. If he can't see the need for a Bellamy or Tevez type character to dictate play, and not a like-for-like Silva playmaker, then we will continue to struggle.

However you look at it though, we started the day 6pts behind the leaders, and ended the day the same. That is a get-out-of-jail card, better not f*ck it up from here.
Were using all the get outta jail cards up, in order for us to finish top 4 nevermind winners we now must win the vast majority of games many against better teams than those weve already lost to. Does anyone realistically see that happening, if so u wish I shared you're optimism.

I'm feeling we need to go more with the monopoly theme, today, to take our minds off things. If Silva is Mayfair, and Garcia is Old Kent Road, where does everyone else fit?

But seriously, I always said we wouldn't win the league this year, but fully expected top 3. MP inherited a failing team, one which was struggling to reproduce its best form. We've seen improvements, but it's patchy at best, and what the new manager has to do is ascertain why (they are struggling), who (isn't good enough) and what (needs to be done about it). He's given everyone an opportunity to stake their claim, so should know most of what needs to be done. Answers to follow in January.

Re: Clueless manager

conormcfc said:
This is one of those threads that will get bumped a few months down the line and all the fairweathers will look like twats.

Plays the same front 6 (apart from 2 forced changes) that scored 12 goals in the last 2 games and yet he gets the blame when they can't score goals against the team joint bottom of the league. Hilarious.

Baffles me how so many people on here come across exactly like those parody fickle fan accounts on twitter.

You obviously don't watch City much. When silva s not in the team we are missing the one player that can open up packed defenses. Mancini had the same problem when Silva lost a bit of form.

Therefore you need plan B which is now Navas on the right. He should have started with him. He also needs to tell Navas to stop running into the middle of the park for no reason and stay out wide to pull the defense open a bit.

He also started with garcia and yaya two of the slowest midfielders in the league at closing down - Yaya is OK when he has someone like Ferdi alongside him who can do the work. This is tactical it was like Moyes playing carrick and Giggs in the same midfield ( it;s to slow). To me it was a no brainer either Rodwell or my prefered option Milner in the middle. Also away from home arguably our best performance ( 2nd half against Chelsea ) we played one up front - this is also another option he could have tried with say milner and Rodwell holding with yaya in a free roll. But he sticks with a 442 type formation which jsut doesn't work.

coleridge said:
I don't know where this 'See how it goes' attitude comes from. Coming 9th? Seriously? Minimum is top 3 so that transfers and other strategy can be planned accordingly. If that's not looking likely half way through the season, I would be amazed if the owners did not take action. Even after 5 years, some of you underestimate the Sheikh, Khaldoon and ADUG. The business comes first, and that means the CL and trophies, end of.
You are putting words on mouths. Believing that the away form can and will be turned around is not "See how it goes" its grounded in the ability of the players, manager and the circumstances in those games.

Take the away games, did the results reflect the balance of play in the games. Absolutely not. They are obvious anomalies, and what is more we can and will play much better.

For once it is I that is behaving rationally and the rest of you with one or two honourable exceptions are mad (I know this is the outlook of the mad!)

Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

Disagree with that bit if you are criticising him swapping Richards - we were playing with 10 men up to that point.

Even for Richards that was an absolutely inept display. I am used to him being out of position and then just jogging (ever so slowly) back when the opposition break - but I cannot think of a single contribution he made (to us) in the 71 minutes he was on apart from just causing confusion by being in the wrong place and in the way of our other players

i'm not so confident our away form will turn around, it seems i've been watching the same performances on loop for a few seasons at places like sunderland

when we win the ball back our build up is too slow, by the time we reach the edge of the area it's too late, we've a wall to breakdown

the first at west ham came with a direct pass down the middle and the last was a fast break again with a direct pass behind defenders to start it

quit the tippy tappy!

Lucky Toma said:
It's a steep learning curve for Pellers. We knew it would be.

To reride him for being clueless as he embarks on that learning curve is premature and unfair.

Agree with this. Think some of our fans need to grow a spine, if they are worried about us looking stupid.
Don't know why losing games makes us look stupid, but there you go. Pellers got it wrong first half (IMO)
and then changed it. We had all the 2nd half. It is not his fault, the players on the pitch were unable to break down
a stubborn defence and that includes ALL players, not just the scapegoats.

To call the man a clown (because we got a bad result) is just name calling and childish. He was ok after
last week's result. He is new to the job (as said by above poster) and think he deserves more than 11 weeks
before we all hang him.

We don't seem to have a plan B.
Plan A is working very well at home but its been found wanting away.
Had we'd set up a bit deeper yesterday with Zab behind Fernandhinho from the start then I'm convinced that goal wouldn't have been conceded.
He and his staff really needs to.look at his tactics and selections yesterday.
Hopefully he's not surrounded by too many yes men who aren't prepared to point out these shortcomings.

Lucky Toma said:

To reride him for being clueless as he embarks on that learning curve is premature and unfair.
I could cope with this but realistically how long should it take a Manager to be able to work it out that Garcia and Kolarov just ain't good enough and then to play them in ever changing formations makes it even worse?

Lucky Toma said:

Why is deriding him premature and unfair? He is not using the expertise, both on and off the pitch. That is all I am saying.

And 3 months into his tenure is not premature, other managers have been given less time. Unfair? Why? I have never been one for getting rid of a manager, even when we had Pearce I trusted the owners. So I don't think I am being unfair in asking the questions, why rotation when not necessary, why not ask for advice from people who have been there, done that and worn the teeshirt? What is unfair about that please?

I was assuming you made a typo and meant deriding rather than reriding? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.