Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

City Raider said:
i'm not so confident our away form will turn around, it seems i've been watching the same performances on loop for a few seasons at places like sunderland

when we win the ball back our build up is too slow, by the time we reach the edge of the area it's too late, we've a wall to breakdown

the first at west ham came with a direct pass down the middle and the last was a fast break again with a direct pass behind defenders to start it

quit the tippy tappy!
In quick time we will be winning these games because we face the same opposition and tactics at home. The difference is the mentality of the 22 players.

Fuck off... yes.. Fuck off.

We've got out of a champions league group for the first time ever. We have had shite luck with injuries to our two best players. Take those two out of any team and you'd suffer.

We've scored 12 goals in the 2 games previous to yesterday.

Pellegrini didn't bring in Kolorov, Dzeko, Lescott, Garcia or Milner.

GIve the guy a fucking chance you moaning c*nts

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
Lucky Toma said:
It's a steep learning curve for Pellers. We knew it would be.

To reride him for being clueless as he embarks on that learning curve is premature and unfair.
I could cope with this but realistically how long should it take a Manager to be able to work it out that Garcia and Kolarov just ain't good enough and then to play them in ever changing formations makes it even worse?

I think he didn't want to go gun ho with Navas as a start, so with injuries had to start Garcia. Kolarov is in as Clichy is still
not fully fit (apparently), but this equates to him being shit with most on here. Yesterdays selections in this case were forced
by injuries (IMO), which surely Pellegrini can't be held responsible for.

We've had stunning victories vs the shite, Newcastle and Norwich plus made progress in Europe (lesson from Bayern aside) so you can see Pellegrini definitely has something about him. I agree he should be getting more from the squad - particularly away from home in the league. As has been said to death already, he needs to pick a settled back four and ease up on the rotation. Yes there are times key players need a rest, but the continual wholesale chopping and changing needs a review - it's that kind of large scale tinkering that did not help Ranieri's or Benitez's teams at times; the more settled they were seemed to be when they were at their most successful.

When I see Pellegrini, I cannot find anything from him that I can nail my colours to in the same way I could Mancini. I don't see him in training so don't know if he is like that with the players and more importantly, I'm not a player so don't even know if that is important to a player. The point I am making here is that if the only thing I have to worry about is a cult of personality from our manager, I would suggest things aren't anything like as apocalyptic as suggested in some posts.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Lucky Toma said:
It's a steep learning curve for Pellers. We knew it would be.

To reride him for being clueless as he embarks on that learning curve is premature and unfair.

Agree with this. Think some of our fans need to grow a spine, if they are worried about us looking stupid.
Don't know why losing games makes us look stupid, but there you go. Pellers got it wrong first half (IMO)
and then changed it. We had all the 2nd half. It is not his fault, the players on the pitch were unable to break down
a stubborn defence and that includes ALL players, not just the scapegoats.

To call the man a clown (because we got a bad result) is just name calling and childish. He was ok after
last week's result. He is new to the job (as said by above poster) and think he deserves more than 11 weeks
before we all hang him.

Sorry I don't agree - he watches City all the time like we do - when i saw the team i commented on how difficult it will be to break Sunderland down without silva and he should have started with Navas. It seems to me that his philosophy was we scored loads against Norwich and will just do the same, whereas he should be looking at the way we normally play with a reliant on silva. Therefore he had options give Yaya a free roll to play in the hole , play Navas, play 5 in midfield with more width.

This is were the manager earns his wage, Anyone can just throw the same team out knowing they are playing Ok and should win. Garcia and yaya in midfield is just poor IMO and I agree with other posters - If we are forced to make midfield and Central defense changes then why drop zab our best fullback.

I realised before the kick off why did it take 45 minutes for hime to realise the same thing. watch Mourinho if its not working he doesn't wait for 45 or 60 minutes he makes the change right away.

strongbowholic said:
We've had stunning victories vs the shite, Newcastle and Norwich plus made progress in Europe (lesson from Bayern aside) so you can see Pellegrini definitely has something about him. I agree he should be getting more from the squad - particularly away from home in the league. As has been said to death already, he needs to pick a settled back four and ease up on the rotation. Yes there are times key players need a rest, but the continual wholesale chopping and changing needs a review - it's that kind of large scale tinkering that did not help Ranieri's or Benitez's teams at times; the more settled they were seemed to be when they were at their most successful.

When I see Pellegrini, I cannot find anything from him that I can nail my colours to in the same way I could Mancini. I don't see him in training so don't know if he is like that with the players and more importantly, I'm not a player so don't even know if that is important to a player. The point I am making here is that if the only thing I have to worry about is a cult of personality from our manager, I would suggest things aren't anything like as apocalyptic as suggested in some posts.

Stunning victories against Newcastle and Norwich are not a true indication of where we are this stage of the season. Away results are unfortunately.

And getting out of a group which includes Plznen and Moscow is not significant progress and most City fans I speak to believe we would have qualified with Mancini as manager from that group.

We've lost our 4 away games for slightly different reasons really.

Cardiff, set-piece defending.
Villa, hit on the break.
Chelsea, defensive cock-up.
Sunderland, lack of creativity and a shite ref decision.

For sure we deserved at least 5 points more than what we got. Then the table wouldn't look so bad.

There's definitely things the team and Pellegrini need to improve on, but i have faith it'll click soon.

Fuck this shit

I need a drink

2ptcy0l.jpg

The reality is Pellegrini has got us into a situation where our next game against Spurs is going to be absolutely crucial. Lose that and then we really can start talking about the title being gone.

People are praising him for getting the best out of Nasri. Well by the same token he can and should be criticized for getting Clichy, Nastacic, even Kompany when he has played, to play like complete strangers.

BlueAnorak said:
[1] Best defence in the Prem to leaky colander in 5 months (and yes statistically even without Kompany we were one of the best defences).
[2] Clueless team selections in matches that we know will be a battle - yet the penny clearly hasn't dropped yet.
[3] A total inability to change tactics to turn games around where the opposition take the lead and we don't equalise more or less instantly.
[4] Subs that I really have to scratch my head about.
[5] Still so fecking slow to counter attack. OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM LAST SEASON.

The reason why he has won fuck-all in Spain since he racked up is clear for everyone to see.

Get rid now or the season is gone. Probably qualification for the CL as well the way things are going.

I have to agree with you here,I just think it's a huge risk to keep Pellegrini as he seems completely clueless in almost every aspect. The players we have got us through the home games so far but I can see us becoming unstuck there aswel in the near future. Have faith it will come good??...not a chance under this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.