Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

badge said:
ballinio said:
badge said:
i don't think there IS a problem. apart from bad luck or plain misfortune. i remember a city side back in the eighties, i think, and we were around the bottom of the table, if not bottom. we had an awful side but, inexplicably, we went and won five matches on the trot. no reason for it. no logic. it was purely a sequence of results. we ended up getting relegated. i maintain that the way we are playing away from home is enough to win most games.
you don't think there IS a problem ? That is just laughable

read this, laughing boy. we all think we're football experts, don't we! well, we're not. but do you care to elaborate on what you think the problem is? on second thoughts, forget it. i'm not interested. you just carry on believing there has to be a reason behind every happening in life.
There are plenty of knowlegable fans at the ground & on here , you don't have to have played the game to understand it quite well. There are usually reasons to things that happen on the pitch, would you not agree ? If not , why have managers at all

cleavers said:
andypandy said:
some of us are getting concerned
Don't you think we're all concerned ? The problem is it doesn't need the almost gleeful posts of some when we lose, those who rarely speak at all when we're winning 5 games out the previous 6, does it ?

Sunderland was a shaker for us all. A bleak look at a possible future.

George Hannah said:
Big Martin says the hard work starts at Christmas for Manuel - I beg to differ, it started on Sunday

Pellegrini had it easy
Manchester City did not reach the Champions League last 16 because Manuel Pellegrini is a master tactician. They progressed because he had the good fortune to land one of those 2+2 groups: two top level teams, two that are cannon fodder. Roberto Mancini would have breezed through just the same. So would just about any Manchester City manager from the modern era.
Mancini never got a 2+2 group. Last season he was up against Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Ajax, the previous year Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal.

The 2+2 groups are easy to spot because the numbers are disproportionate. The combined goal difference of the bottom clubs, CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen, in City’s Group D is -16. Nothing else comes close: Group A -6, Group B -6, Group C -12 (Anderlecht account for 10 of those), Group E -7, Group F -4, Group G -9, Group H -7.
The figures are symmetrical so City and Bayern Munich have the best combined goal difference, too: +16. They also have 21 points between them compared to scores of between 14 and 18 in all other groups.
So Pellegrini hasn’t been tested yet. The real work starts after Christmas; for Mancini it began on the day the draw was made.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2498155/Ashley-Young-cheated-diving-did-Markel-Bergara-fouling--Martin-Samuel.html#ixzz2kNXBxCmI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2kNXBxCmI</a>

tis unfair on CSKA...they're a decent team who ended up with two teams who on paper would be Pot 1 teams.

ballinio said:
LoveCity said:
ballinio said:
I want him sacked, he`s slowly managing to make each player worse & he doesn`t learn.

Each player? WHAT? Aguero, Silva and Nasri have *clearly* been better this season than last. Aguero is better than he has ever been this season.
lescott....worse Richards....worse zabaleta....worse Hart....worse clichy.....worse its evidence to suggest that the manager & his coaching team are taking the team BACKWARDS.

You said EACH player. And Richards barely played last season. Our defensive players have looked worse off this season, but our attacking players have looked better. This, using a bit of common sense, is probably because our style has become a lot more attacking, hence more goals scored and more conceded, coupled with struggles in adapting to the high line. The job is to find the right balance.

adrianr said:
willy eckerslike said:
People need to go back to how we felt BEFORE yesterday's game. Optimistic, content, whatever - we were coming off some good results and seeing some great football. Another win and we're sitting pretty to challenge for the top spot - everyone could feel it.

Then we go and lose. All of a sudden the world has caved in, all our players are crap, Mancini wouldn't have taken us backwards and now some are calling for the manager's head!

The point is, this change in opinion is down to ONE game. This is a crazy start to the season. No team is yet running away with it, and there's no reason to believe it can't be us that string a run together. A poor result it certainly was, however, and it is certainly apparent that MP has not yet worked out how the Premier League works - surely lower positioned teams are supposed to roll over for us, like they do in La Liga. I would hope he now sees that the best team doesn't always win, that you need to know how to grind out results when needed. If he can't see the need for a Bellamy or Tevez type character to dictate play, and not a like-for-like Silva playmaker, then we will continue to struggle.

However you look at it though, we started the day 6pts behind the leaders, and ended the day the same. That is a get-out-of-jail card, better not f*ck it up from here.

Perhaps a bit of false optimism? It's like people on here are in shock at the moment, unable to contemplate just how poor our start to this campaign has been. Either that or they're still so dead set in this outer/inner rubbish that they'll support Pellegrini to the hilt no matter what. Chelsea loosing to Newcastle should have been the lifeline this team needed to shake itself out of whatever rut it's in away from home and take the league by the scruff of the neck. We have now lost FOUR matches. Our team should be looking at barely any more than 5 losses over an entire season - 38 games. We're 80% of the way there already and we've not even hit Christmas!! Even in the seasons the rags started poorly, but keeping an unerring consistency to hammer out results, I'll bet you can't find a season they won where they started this poorly. Even if you buy into the theory this will be the lowest winning points total of any league, we can afford maybe as many as 8 losses, look who we've lost against and where we still have to go. Anfield, Goodison, WHL, Emirates, Swamp, St Mary's, Liberty.. Not really be turning up there and smashing it in the past have we?

This really is one of the few times a full on meltdown on here is fully justified. We were favourites in the eyes of everyone, rightly so, and Pellegrini is pissing it all up the wall whilst bumbling around repeating 'I can't believe it, I don't understand how we lost'. I didn't put much stock in the whole learning the Premier League lark before he came, as if it was some top secret brand of football no-one else understood, but when you see us going up against teams that aren't interested in just being passed around, are willing to dig in and battle, defend and attack set pieces equally well, and Pellegrini is harping on about only one team looking to play football, well, starting to wonder if it's true after all. Maybe some managers just aren't cut out for it.

David Moyes is now above us in the league even after loosing to us. Just let that sink in for a second.

Well said.

Champions league football is a huge carrot for any club and this season there is a few more than 4 who can realistically achieve it. So some are going to be inevitably disappointed. I just hope it isn't us.

I'm pinning the blame for away form not on one or the other, but both. We have been scintillating at home, the players need to pull their fingers out and the manager needs to set them up right in the first place. The last thing anyone wants to fucking hear is "I don't know". Sounds like my pathetic ex Mrs ffs. Get it sorted.

ballinio said:
LoveCity said:
ballinio said:
I want him sacked, he`s slowly managing to make each player worse & he doesn`t learn.

Each player? WHAT? Aguero, Silva and Nasri have *clearly* been better this season than last. Aguero is better than he has ever been this season.
lescott....worse Richards....worse zabaleta....worse Hart....worse clichy.....worse its evidence to suggest that the manager & his coaching team are taking the team BACKWARDS.

none of them are any worse. a defense can't perform unless they're in sync with each other. it's been a few months and pelligrini still hasnt figured out who he wants starting. injuries, and lack of what of consistency have made it difficult for him. i think he should forget clichy and kolorav and go all in for baines. ive always loved clichy but with the style of play pelligrini is running, we need more from him attacking. kolorav hasn't actually done bad but he's no baines. imagine baines overlapping a nasri or silva cut in & his pin point cross landing right in kun or "the beasts" path. that it was we need, not a new manager. as for micah, he's been out for how long? give the boy some time. defense is the hardest position to come back into after a long injury lay off. it takes time to get the feel of the game back and his reaction time and positioning have been a been slow but no doubt in my mind he'll come back to it better than ever before by the end of the season. have some faith

George Hannah said:
cleavers said:
andypandy said:
some of us are getting concerned
Don't you think we're all concerned ? The problem is it doesn't need the almost gleeful posts of some when we lose, those who rarely speak at all when we're winning 5 games out the previous 6, does it ?

Sunderland was a shaker for us all. A bleak look at a possible future.
Sunderland was a f*ck up, nobody is denying that, we should be playing our best available 11 in every league game, unfortunately its blindingly obvious that if we are missing some of the spine of the team we won't be as good, but compound it with pointless changes and defeat is likely. we're lucky that none of our rivals are running away with it, but now we have some tough home games and we need to win them all, AND pick up points away.

George Hannah said:
Big Martin says the hard work starts at Christmas for Manuel - I beg to differ, it started on Sunday

Pellegrini had it easy
Manchester City did not reach the Champions League last 16 because Manuel Pellegrini is a master tactician. They progressed because he had the good fortune to land one of those 2+2 groups: two top level teams, two that are cannon fodder. Roberto Mancini would have breezed through just the same. So would just about any Manchester City manager from the modern era.
Mancini never got a 2+2 group. Last season he was up against Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Ajax, the previous year Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal.

The 2+2 groups are easy to spot because the numbers are disproportionate. The combined goal difference of the bottom clubs, CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen, in City’s Group D is -16. Nothing else comes close: Group A -6, Group B -6, Group C -12 (Anderlecht account for 10 of those), Group E -7, Group F -4, Group G -9, Group H -7.
The figures are symmetrical so City and Bayern Munich have the best combined goal difference, too: +16. They also have 21 points between them compared to scores of between 14 and 18 in all other groups.
So Pellegrini hasn’t been tested yet. The real work starts after Christmas; for Mancini it began on the day the draw was made.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2498155/Ashley-Young-cheated-diving-did-Markel-Bergara-fouling--Martin-Samuel.html#ixzz2kNXBxCmI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2kNXBxCmI</a>
That doesn't paint the full picture of three points gained out of a possible eighteen in last season's feeble showing.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
ballinio said:
Ducado said:
I am asking a direct question cards on the table time there has been enough beating around the bush (that's enough metaphors) on here today people just need to say it, and we then know where we all stand

I don't want him gone, I have seen more than enough to know that things will improve but that's just me

Nasri? Aguero? Silva? Kolarov? All playing better than they did last season IMO. And "doesn't learn"? Based on 11 games!? As I recall, we lost 1-0 at Sunderland last year.....and the year before that......and the year before that. Looks like the previous manager didn't learn either
The previous manager lost 5 away games ALL season , we`ve lost 4 already under this manager. what happens when our home form falters ? The only game away where he has set us up correctly was Chelsea then its back to his usual mistakes v Sunderland, as I said he doesn't learn.

Re: Clueless manager

ballinio said:
badge said:
ballinio said:
you don't think there IS a problem ? That is just laughable

read this, laughing boy. we all think we're football experts, don't we! well, we're not. but do you care to elaborate on what you think the problem is? on second thoughts, forget it. i'm not interested. you just carry on believing there has to be a reason behind every happening in life.
There are plenty of knowlegable fans at the ground & on here , you don't have to have played the game to understand it quite well. There are usually reasons to things that happen on the pitch, would you not agree ? If not , why have managers at all

there are often reasons, yes. but not always. i'll go back to sequences: on one of derren brown's shows, he tossed a coin ten times and each time it came up heads. although, it wasn't as the viewer had been led to believe he/she had seen. it had actually taken a long number of hours for that sequence to happen but, eventually it did. so does that mean that within that specific sequence of throws, tails were shit? i'll leave it there or i'll be up all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.