Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
George Hannah said:
Big Martin says the hard work starts at Christmas for Manuel - I beg to differ, it started on Sunday

Pellegrini had it easy
Manchester City did not reach the Champions League last 16 because Manuel Pellegrini is a master tactician. They progressed because he had the good fortune to land one of those 2+2 groups: two top level teams, two that are cannon fodder. Roberto Mancini would have breezed through just the same. So would just about any Manchester City manager from the modern era.
Mancini never got a 2+2 group. Last season he was up against Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Ajax, the previous year Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal.

The 2+2 groups are easy to spot because the numbers are disproportionate. The combined goal difference of the bottom clubs, CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen, in City’s Group D is -16. Nothing else comes close: Group A -6, Group B -6, Group C -12 (Anderlecht account for 10 of those), Group E -7, Group F -4, Group G -9, Group H -7.
The figures are symmetrical so City and Bayern Munich have the best combined goal difference, too: +16. They also have 21 points between them compared to scores of between 14 and 18 in all other groups.
So Pellegrini hasn’t been tested yet. The real work starts after Christmas; for Mancini it began on the day the draw was made.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2498155/Ashley-Young-cheated-diving-did-Markel-Bergara-fouling--Martin-Samuel.html#ixzz2kNXBxCmI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2kNXBxCmI</a>
That doesn't paint the full picture of three points gained out of a possible eighteen in last season's feeble showing.
at least we didn't have the distraction of the UEFA Cup to contend with ;-)

George Hannah said:
Big Martin says the hard work starts at Christmas for Manuel - I beg to differ, it started on Sunday

Pellegrini had it easy
Manchester City did not reach the Champions League last 16 because Manuel Pellegrini is a master tactician. They progressed because he had the good fortune to land one of those 2+2 groups: two top level teams, two that are cannon fodder. Roberto Mancini would have breezed through just the same. So would just about any Manchester City manager from the modern era.
Mancini never got a 2+2 group. Last season he was up against Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Ajax, the previous year Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal.

The 2+2 groups are easy to spot because the numbers are disproportionate. The combined goal difference of the bottom clubs, CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen, in City’s Group D is -16. Nothing else comes close: Group A -6, Group B -6, Group C -12 (Anderlecht account for 10 of those), Group E -7, Group F -4, Group G -9, Group H -7.
The figures are symmetrical so City and Bayern Munich have the best combined goal difference, too: +16. They also have 21 points between them compared to scores of between 14 and 18 in all other groups.
So Pellegrini hasn’t been tested yet. The real work starts after Christmas; for Mancini it began on the day the draw was made.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2498155/Ashley-Young-cheated-diving-did-Markel-Bergara-fouling--Martin-Samuel.html#ixzz2kNXBxCmI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2kNXBxCmI</a>

Plzen's notable scalps were Napoli who they beat Home and Away and Atleti so that article is a little insulting to them.

George Hannah said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
George Hannah said:

Pellegrini had it easy

That doesn't paint the full picture of three points gained out of a possible eighteen in last season's feeble showing.
at least we didn't have the distraction of the UEFA Cup to contend with ;-)
Yes that was masterfully ...errrr......engineered.

ballinio said:
LoveCity said:
ballinio said:
I want him sacked, he`s slowly managing to make each player worse & he doesn`t learn.

Each player? WHAT? Aguero, Silva and Nasri have *clearly* been better this season than last. Aguero is better than he has ever been this season.
lescott....worse Richards....worse zabaleta....worse Hart....worse clichy.....worse its evidence to suggest that the manager & his coaching team are taking the team BACKWARDS.

none of them are any worse. a defense can't perform unless they're in sync with each other. it's been a few months and pelligrini still hasnt figured out who he wants starting. injuries, and lack of what of consistency have made it difficult for him. i think he should forget clichy and kolorav and go all in for baines. ive always loved clichy but with the style of play pelligrini is running, we need more from him attacking. kolorav hasn't actually done bad but he's no baines.

imagine baines overlapping a nasri or silva cut in & his pin point cross landing right in kun or "the beasts" path. that it was we need, not a new manager. as for micah, he's been out for how long? give the boy some time. defense is the hardest position to come back into after a long injury lay off. it takes time to get the feel of the game back and his reaction time and positioning have been a been slow but no doubt in my mind he'll come back to it better than ever before by the end of the season. have some faith

Re: Clueless manager

This thread is like talking to someone with a big wart on their nose. You know you shouldn't look at it, but your eyes keep getting drawn in.

And each time I look in there is more and more to find repulsive. I know its all about opinions blah blah, its a fans forum etc etc etc, but surely some people are taking the piss? Some posters mustn't realise that the whole world can read their musings, else why would they write such drivel?

Its doing my fuking swede in.....

tumblr_lp2epd7QrL1qbhtrto1_500.gif

LoveCity said:
This thread, or rather certain posts in this thread (glad to see some City fans still have some patience!), are really shameful.

I hate United as much as anyone, but their fans are making a marked effort to support their manager at the moment, hence their atmosphere has improved noticeably lately - exactly what their outgoing ****... err, manager, asked for.

We're becoming the very stereotype they're labelled with. Fickle, sitting on our hands at a stadium that is more and more resembling a library (despite the 1894 Group's best efforts... even Arsenal's atmosphere is better than ours this season), judgmental of everything, only satisfied when everything is perfect (there is a term for that... glory hunting). Ugh. Support the team and manager and if it's all gone tits up by the end of the season, then call for his head instead of being fickle little girls when everything isn't perfect.

I'm convinced many of our fans couldn't handle another bad spell for this club, they've become drunk on glory and accept nothing less now.

Please listen to this man. This is so ridiculous, so much of the season left, atleast leave it till the end of the man's FIRST season at the club before calling him shite such as "Clown" "Clueless" etc, its disgraceful and theres no point bringing up Mancini over and over again, hes gone! a lot of blues were making fun of that bring back Fergie thread on Sadcafe but a lot of similar shite is going on here, he is not coming back, let's just give the new gaffer atleast one full season of solid support.

I'm about 25 pages behind but I don't imagine I've missed much. The problem as I see it is that the one size fits all holistic approach can't work here because of the diversity of opponents. I'm not talking about Real, Barca, Bayern or the scum, I'm talking about us here and now, in the league. We've sussed winning at home, now we need away results and not to start rubbish then throw everything but the kitchen sink in the last 20 mins. We can't just boss everyone in the league, the other clubs won't allow it. So we need to adapt to that. Same formation and expectation won't carry us through.

BillyShears said:
George Hannah said:
Does he even care?

He certainly cares more than one or two on this thread who seem more interested in City losing so they can say "I told you so" about the manager.
Bill mate give it a rest will you, PLEASE. Mancini is gone, we are all acutely aware of that. Away results are rightly a concern. Obviously comparisons will be made but that was unnecessary.

LoveCity said:
This thread, or rather certain posts in this thread (glad to see some City fans still have some patience!), are really shameful.

I hate United as much as anyone, but their fans are making a marked effort to support their manager at the moment, hence their atmosphere has improved noticeably lately - exactly what their outgoing ****... err, manager, asked for.

We're becoming the very stereotype they're labelled with. Fickle, sitting on our hands at a stadium that is more and more resembling a library (despite the 1894 Group's best efforts... even Arsenal's atmosphere is better than ours this season), judgmental of everything, only satisfied when everything is perfect (there is a term for that... glory hunting). Ugh. Support the team and manager and if it's all gone tits up by the end of the season, then call for his head instead of being fickle little girls when everything isn't perfect.

I'm convinced many of our fans couldn't handle another bad spell for this club, they've become drunk on glory and accept nothing less now.
Your right about the atmosphere at are ground . Sometimes I wish we were back at Maine Road . May be we have picked up a lot of glory seekers like Leeds did when they were good . The trouble now is we have great owners who are not getting value for money with this team and manager .

LoveCity said:

Its not about bad spells, its about Return On Investment.

When you spend a 100m ( Which is more than double what Arsenal or United spent) and bring a coach like Pellegrini who is highly rated, you expect better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.