Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I don't get why any small amount of criticism aimed at the new gaffer is a hanging offence on here.
Its not, and its often not a "small amount" either.

Funny how its often absent when we're winning 5 games out of 6 though, and especially scoring 12 goals in 4 days eh ? I praised the performances when they merited it, and I've bloody criticised him for Sunday's debacle.

What is often lacking from many is perspective, and we have won 5 out 7 games even after Sunday's shit performance, and the other defeat was away at Chelsea, and purely down to monumental fuck up by our keeper.

And saying definitively that the manager got the tactics wrong on Sunday is a step too far. There's plenty of discourse going on about what the manager may have done differently on Sunday, but there's nothing definitive that anyone has posted. At best, MAYBE he got it wrong on Sunday, but most probably feel that any combination of XI players from out side probably should be able to dispatch Sunderland, and yet here we are.

cleavers said:
I don't get why any small amount of criticism aimed at the new gaffer is a hanging offence on here.

Funny how its often absent when we're winning 5 games out of 6 though, and especially scoring 12 goals in 4 days eh ? I praised the performances when they merited it, and I've bloody criticised him for Sunday's debacle.

What is often lacking from many is perspective, and we have won 5 out 7 games even after Sunday's shit performance, and the other defeat was away at Chelsea, and purely down to monumental fuck up by our keeper.

Despite it being factually correct mate it puts a slightly favourable slant when you look at the whole season in general so far.
Shite away from home in the league
Great at home in the league
Solid enough in the CL away and at home bar the Munich debacle which the gaffer got massively wrong.Of course we can look at stats all day long and read into them however we want but the cold hard facts are that we have gone backwards results wise away from home this season-no matter how well we have performed.

cleavers said:

Despite it being factually correct mate it puts a slightly favourable slant when you look at the whole season in general so far.
Solid enough in the CL away and at home bar the Munich debacle which the gaffer got massively wrong.Of course we can look at stats all day long and read into them however we want but the cold hard facts are that we have gone backwards results wise away from home this season-no matter how well we have performed.
How is it a "slightly favourable slant", its fact. Only "solid enough away in the CL" ? Its a 100% record, did you expect better ? Did you expect it at all ? As I said, there just needs to be some perspective, and not such ridiculous knee jerk reactions. ignoring Chelsea, our away league form is poor, and the the vast majority agree.

Re: Clueless manager

LoveCity said:
This thread, or rather certain posts in this thread (glad to see some City fans still have some patience!), are really shameful.

I hate United as much as anyone, but their fans are making a marked effort to support their manager at the moment, hence their atmosphere has improved noticeably lately - exactly what their outgoing ****... err, manager, asked for.

We're becoming the very stereotype they're labelled with. Fickle, sitting on our hands at a stadium that is more and more resembling a library (despite the 1894 Group's best efforts... even Arsenal's atmosphere is better than ours this season), judgmental of everything, only satisfied when everything is perfect (there is a term for that... glory hunting). Ugh. Support the team and manager and if it's all gone tits up by the end of the season, then call for his head instead of being fickle little girls when everything isn't perfect.

I'm convinced many of our fans couldn't handle another bad spell for this club, they've become drunk on glory and accept nothing less now.

This board has become bloody ridiculous.

People on here lose their fucking minds if we so much as draw a match, lose a match and it goes to meltdown. Are things this season going perfect? No. Is it as bad to call for the managers head after 11 games? Seriously No.

Most of it is also point scoring from those still whining about Mancini.

I hope the mods can do something because it's getting out of hand.

cleavers said:
cleavers said:

How is it a "slightly favourable slant", its fact. Only "solid enough away in the CL" ? Its a 100% record, did you expect better ? Did you expect it at all ? As I said, there just needs to be some perspective, and not such ridiculous knee jerk reactions. ignoring Chelsea, our away league form is poor, and the the vast majority agree.

Favourable because you used the last 7 games only as a marker.
CL-With respect it was the easiest group possible bar Bayern,nobody can deny that.
Home form has been good for years now.
Perspective is all very well mate,but how long do we keep saying "it was just one of those days" etc etc.
Away form in my opinion will be the definer as regards his position.
Fact-We have regressed away from home.4 points from a potential 18 is regression in anyones book.

We have bloody well lost to Cardiff City, Aston Villa and bloody Sunderland and we drew with Stoke. We won at Upton Park but so has every other bastard. We have picked up 4 measly away points out of a possible 15 and we are fucking 8th with a quarter of the season gone and a manager who seems to have no interest in anything other than the CL, which (mark my words)we will not win. Come bloody on, this is not good enough.

cleavers said:

CL-With respect it was the easiest group possible bar Bayern,nobody can deny that.
Perspective is all very well mate,but how long do we keep saying "it was just one of those days" etc etc.
Fact-We have regressed away from home.4 points from a potential 18 is regression in anyones book.

Yes and this is a classic bloody case of be careful what you wish for.

argyle said:
LoveCity said:
This thread, or rather certain posts in this thread (glad to see some City fans still have some patience!), are really shameful.

I hate United as much as anyone, but their fans are making a marked effort to support their manager at the moment, hence their atmosphere has improved noticeably lately - exactly what their outgoing ****... err, manager, asked for.

We're becoming the very stereotype they're labelled with. Fickle, sitting on our hands at a stadium that is more and more resembling a library (despite the 1894 Group's best efforts... even Arsenal's atmosphere is better than ours this season), judgmental of everything, only satisfied when everything is perfect (there is a term for that... glory hunting). Ugh. Support the team and manager and if it's all gone tits up by the end of the season, then call for his head instead of being fickle little girls when everything isn't perfect.

I'm convinced many of our fans couldn't handle another bad spell for this club, they've become drunk on glory and accept nothing less now.

This board has become bloody ridiculous.

People on here lose their fucking minds if we so much as draw a match, lose a match and it goes to meltdown. Are things this season going perfect? No. Is it as bad to call for the managers head after 11 games? Seriously No.

Most of it is also point scoring from those still whining about Mancini.

I hope the mods can do something because it's getting out of hand.
can understand people's frustrations. 100 million spent in the summer and the results have been pretty terrible. Our performances haven't actually been that bad, but as others have said, 4 points from away games is simply terrible considering that the majority are teams that will be in the bottom half of the table.

Pam said:
cleavers said:

Yes and this is a classic bloody case of be careful what you wish for.

I can quite happily confirm that I never once wished for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.