Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
It's a fucking nonsense to suggest our defending has gone backwards.
Apart from it being a statistical fact and the generally held opinion of most City fans. Before the season even started EVEN YOU said we'd concede more, well, you were right, we are doing. It's not a fucking mystery. We all expected it based on pre-season. Unfortunately though, this isn't pre-season, we've played nine, lost three, and we're seventh in the league. To improve our position we've got to defend better than we have done.

BillyShears said:
So let me get this straight. Pellegrini couldn't be criticised for his tactics, team selection, etc from yesterday's game ... so now he's being criticised because our defence has 'gone backwards'. It's a fucking nonsense to suggest our defending has gone backwards. We have conceded a disproportionate number of goals due to normally very reliable players making individual errors. That's not something that can be legislated for. Also, the back 4 has always struggled when Vinny has been out, and this season we've been unlucky to lose him twice so early on.

It's also both funny and a little tragic seeing all the Mancini cockroaches crawling out from under their rocks after a City defeat. You lot go awfully fucking quiet when we win football matches. Wonder why that is ...

Because there is genuinely nothing much to say. I am content as I could possibly be and have nothing to say. Pellegrini handles things without controversy and other talking about the football matches with friends there is nothing much to discuss in a forum, other than say - How right we were as a club to have sacked Mancini and appointed Pellegrini.

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
Apart from it being a statistical fact and the generally held opinion of most City fans. Before the season even started EVEN YOU said we'd concede more, well, you were right, we are doing. It's not a fucking mystery. We all expected it based on pre-season. Unfortunately though, this isn't pre-season, we've played nine, lost three, and we're seventh in the league. To improve our position we've got to defend better than we have done.

Individuals need to cut out their errors. After a tricky first few matches, as a team we're defending as well as we did under Mancini.

BillyShears said:
So let me get this straight. Pellegrini couldn't be criticised for his tactics, team selection, etc from yesterday's game ... so now he's being criticised because our defence has 'gone backwards'. It's a fucking nonsense to suggest our defending has gone backwards. We have conceded a disproportionate number of goals due to normally very reliable players making individual errors. That's not something that can be legislated for. Also, the back 4 has always struggled when Vinny has been out, and this season we've been unlucky to lose him twice so early on.

It's also both funny and a little tragic seeing all the Mancini cockroaches crawling out from under their rocks after a City defeat. You lot go awfully fucking quiet when we win football matches. Wonder why that is ...

To be fair Billy that applied to you under Mancini. But I came round to your view that Roberto had to go. The reason I have posted negatively here is that I am not convinced by Pellegrini, it has nothing to do with the previous boss. And we have lost 33% of our league games so far so it is not looking that comfortable you have to admit. In addition whether it was Hull at home, or Moscow away both games we won, we had plenty of heart in the mouth moments in our own half. We just don´t seem to have games under control. That is my gripe and the main reason I am not too convinced we will be winning anytime soon. You as a fan of Jose would have to admit we would probably romp this league with him in charge.

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:

Your answer is simple, Clichy,Hart and Kompany.

The first two are having a confidence crisis and Kompany our most influential player is injured.

Hart needs to go back to basics, he's trying to influence the back four too much.

De Gea went through similar when he arrived at United-now he looks better than Hart.

BillyShears said:

Incorrect. After the West Ham game I posted that it was Pellers best so far in terms of in game management and it was encouraging to see some much needed pragmatism when it came to protecting what we had and making changes that made a positive difference. I only saw the last 20 mins of the CSKA game and much of that I spent hiding behind a cushion so other than relief at the result I didn't see enough of the game to make much of a comment.

My overall views have not changed and I may post my opinion on the Chelsea game (or I may not, I'm in a somewhat whimsical mood today). I am liking the more pragmatic Pellers of the last two PL games though so buck up its not all doom and gloom.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
onceabluealways said:
I think he still needs more time -

But anyone who watched the bayern game and refused to change the formation before it was way to late doesn't really give you the confidence required

His continued belief in garcia is also a worrying factor.

His signing have been mixed-

Negredo - looks good
Fernandinho - looks good
navas - Jury out he needs to do more
Jovetic - the player i was most excited about - Pelle doesn't even want to play him
Not sure out of these which were really his signing but would guess negredo and navas so 50/50

I'm not his biggest fan, but thought he was quite decent. Got his foot in and broke up play quite well,
then gave to the players. What the guy has to do to avoid shit is beyond me.

Garcia had a decent game yesterday BUT thats all he had. I refer more to previous games at centre back and hiw general contribution to our performances.

There are a few players whose form needs to improve-

Clichy - looks half the player of last season
Navas - think he needs to show a bit more in games
Zaba - solid performer but not yet at the levels of last season
Dzeko - sorry not good enough for where we are now
Garcia - sama as dzeko
Hart - looks shot of confidence

Also

Nasacic - he gets plaudits and is OK but tell me the last game he played were he was outstanding ( still only young) but we are a team that should be challenging on all fronts. I would expect at least one commanding performance every now and again.

These are not disasterous drops in levels but all together they are making us a weaker team

Pellegrini (the engineer as known in Spain because a civil engineer who 'engineered' very good teams in his career) needs time! He is very smart and a psychologist, unlike Mancini.

We were awful in the first 3-4 matches (except vs Newcastle who were terrible) and now are constantly improving and playing much better than the opposition (except vs the champions of Europe!). We will get better still and the results will come once the stupid errors are ironed out.

So give him some time will you?!?

The one thing that has made a difference defensively is an in form Gareth Barry. We don't realise how much of an influence he actually was. He read the game well and was able to close down potential threats.

Big loss for us. Would have done a job yesterday and in my opinion could of sneaked us the win.

For me a fit Rodwell before Garcia. I would have preferred Milner instead of Navas yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.