Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:
BillyShears said:
Really? The only bright side?

Hahahahaha. Personally I'm going with our impeccable home record, our best players rediscovering their best form, our attacking play becoming more consistent ... oh and, the almost obligatory slapping of the rags. Plenty of bright sides if you ask me ... ;)

You delightfully manage to pick out our home form and improved performances of certain players and better attacking play, while cunningly avoiding mention of our away from, the marked deterioration in the performances of some of our players and poor defending.

So there are both positives and negatives. Ultimately he'll be judged on our final league position and how we do in the Champs League. I think he's doing ok but I'm not convinced we'll win major trophies with him at the helm.

What a surprise to find another rabid Mancini inner falling over themselves to tell us how underwhelmed they are by Pellegrini ... carry on it's really very very funny.

:)

The only ones in denial Billy are the likes of yourself. Answer the guys points about our wonderful away form. Many many blues are underwhelmed at the moment but you keep kidding yourself that everything is perfect.This isn't an inner or an outer debate. This is a serious concern.Our away form is fucking terrible.

Would we be doing better after 9 pl games if bobby had been kept on and given the budget pellegrini got? probably, had 2 very strong starts under bobby and (I think) we were top after 9 games in every full season he was there.
I'm not happy with the start so far, but I've been very pleased with some of the attacking football we've played and I don't think all the defensive problems can be blamed on the current manager, as so far Vinnie, nasty, micah, clichy, kolarov and demichelis have all suffered injuries and since a settled back 4 is usually a strong back 4, that leaves us at a bit of a disadvantage. Time and continuity is what we need.
But for the record, Garcia is a woeful centre half.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
This is a serious concern.Our away form is fucking terrible.

I would argue that we were the better team on Sunday,the result was gutting but we far from terrible,in fact,individual error aside,we were very good indeed.

FantasyIreland said:

I would argue that we were the better team on Sunday,the result was gutting but we far from terrible,in fact,individual error aside,we were very good indeed.
True last 3 games away w2 d0 l1 scored 6 goals, just got done on sunday, if we have a 66% away win percentage for the rest of the season I wont be complaining, most teams cant manage that at home (including the rags at the moment)

FantasyIreland said:

Absolutely. Luck evens out and errors can be mostly removed. I still think we'll be Champions and only Jose stands in our way for me. Having the best squad will start to tell in a few weeks. It already is on the likes of Arsenal.

And unless I've missed something, we have Yaya [injury-permitting] in the New Year for the first time in three years without the ACON. A big, big bonus which was an unlucky omission for Mancini [not wishing to re-open that debate though, just a fact].

BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:
You delightfully manage to pick out our home form and improved performances of certain players and better attacking play, while cunningly avoiding mention of our away from, the marked deterioration in the performances of some of our players and poor defending.

So there are both positives and negatives. Ultimately he'll be judged on our final league position and how we do in the Champs League. I think he's doing ok but I'm not convinced we'll win major trophies with him at the helm.

What a surprise to find another rabid Mancini inner falling over themselves to tell us how underwhelmed they are by Pellegrini ... carry on it's really very very funny.

:)

The only ones in denial Billy are the likes of yourself. Answer the guys points about our wonderful away form. Many many blues are underwhelmed at the moment but you keep kidding yourself that everything is perfect.This isn't an inner or an outer debate. This is a serious concern.Our away form is fucking terrible.

Can't see the wood for the trees. Our away form may be terrible but for the most part the performances haven't and from my point of view improving all the time. Individual errors are costing us dearly theyl get ironed out.
Our defense has never been as great as the stats suggest these errors have always been there they just haven't been costly as they have of late, the way we were setup, Joe Harts brilliance & pure luck have helped paper over the cracks for many seasons.
& whilst I'm here may I also add for the first time in my 30year old long love affair with man city never have I been so at ease with the man in charge and the direction the club is heading.

FantasyIreland said:

Absolutely spot on!!!!!!!

It is cynical and hypocrite when people here keep blaming individual error as an excuse ..last season every individual error was straight up manager's fault but now its only player fault .

I am sick of this childish point scoring and entrenched positions, the hypocrisy on both sides is staggering.

I wanted Mancini to stay primarily because of the continuity arguments and I didn't believe that Mancini had done as badly as some on here tried to portray.

I am now fully behind Pellegrini and impressed by a number of things, our home form, champions league result and the style of play. Yes away results have been poor but in the main I don't see Pellegrini as being responsible. The only game where we played poorly was Stoke.

In the other games the results were a travesty and mainly a result of individual aberrations, mainly be Joe hart. No one can point the finger at Pellers for this.

So all in all, it could be better but we are still in the hunt for the title if you consider the easy starts for arsenal and Liverpool.

No problem, nothing to see here, nothing to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.