Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Lancet Fluke said:
football-fan said:
The worst thing here is that Negredo is not twice the player as Dzeko so he can justify so many more games.

Correct, he's at least three times the player.
11. if he was only a better player by 0.1%, he would warrant selection in every game he was fit and available for ahead of Dzeko, by virtue of being the superior player.
12. if both of them were equal, negredo would still warrant selection ahead of dzeko because: 12.1. he partners no.1 striker kun aguero better 12.2. he's in better form
:D

Re: Clueless manager

Pellegrini will come good. Bad starts down to injuries, one or two players in poor form and the defence getting used to the new system.Calming down after Sundays dissapointment, I am convinced he will pull it round. Results away have been unfortunate but the general performance of the team is good. Six points off the pace isn't too bad at this stage of the season, when you consider our run in period of 2011/12. So its best we cut this guy some slack and let him get on with the job.

football-fan said:
PELLEGRINIS MAN MANAGMENT OF DZEKO

1) City have won barclays Asia trophy and Dzeko was named the BEST player of the tournament
2) Dzeko have had great game against Milan and scored 2 goals.
3) Pellegrini had publicly said that Dzeko is his Main man
4) Dzeko was MOTM in first match against Newcastle ( by City and by league ) - Pellegrini said it was not enough, and he needs to score. It was f* 1 GAME and the Krul was great as he was for instance few days ago against Tottenham.
5) in 2 match Dzeko scored beauty opener at 52 min ( asis by.Aguero - who by some dont work good with Dzeko) and was benched at 69 min. by Negredo
6) Dzeko had played bad at 3 game and was subbed after 45 min ( ?? ), again Negredo
7) THAT WAS ALL THE CHANCE THAT HE GIVE TO HIM. AFTER GREAT PRE SEASON, MOTM match, SOLID GAME against Cardiff where he could score one more if he was not subbed and JUST ONE BAD 45 min - HE was made a SUB by Pellegrini and was THROWN OUT OF ROTATION ( which Mancini never did and he had 4 strikers not 3 ).
8) STOKE AWAY ( Negredo played 90 min + DID NOT socore or assist, Dzeko 0 min ).
9) Plzen AWAY Dzeko scored opener at 48 and was subbed at 83 min by Negredo. ( SOLID game for Dzeko ).
10) game against Man. United ( Negredo played first 75 min DID not score, but have had SOLID all around preformance ).
11) Carling cup game where Dzeko AGAIN scored an OPENER , SOLID again
12) VILLA AWAY. he played Dzeko and Negredo BOTH. Dzeko had looked at least not worse than Negredo he did not score or at lest have an assist, Dzeko AGAIN SCORED and was AGAIN subbed at 74 min ,and Negredo was AGAIN left for full 90 MIN.
13) Bayern game. Pellegrini knew that he have to play 4/5/1 like against Chelsea. But because having an easyiest CL groups so far he give Dzeko ( and Navas, Richards ) LAST chance for the starting SPOT. Very very BAD move and to make things worst he played 4/4/2 which was a disaster, Richard was fresh out of injury and Navas was wery bad ( guilty of 1 goal no assists ). Whole right side was terrible, Dzeko did not have ONE good ball assisted for him. Subbed by 57 min by Negredo. Than he PUT in SILVA he had made beautifull assist for Negredo he scored very nice goal ( at 0 : 3 for Bayern ). Silva of course took Bayern defance by suprisse becase he is MILES better than Navas. PERFECT SCENARIO he gave Dzeko a chance YEAH RIGHT. Now he have an ALIBI why not playing Dzeko. He had 57 min chance against Bayern.
14 ) vs Everton ( at home ) solid preformance By Negredo ( tap in at home ) 90 min, Dzeko 0 min ).
15) West Ham away Negredo 66 min did not socre Dzeko 0 min
16) CSKA moscow AWAY , Negredo 72 min ( did not score )
17) Chelsea Away ( Negredo just a few minuts - neutral )
18) Newcastle AWAY , Dzeko socred and asisted Negredo ( by beating his defender - a guy who does only scoring aparently ) , and got 9.0 out of 10 very good performance for Dzeko and Solid for Negredo
19) Norwich HOME. This game was a turning point. Pellegrini knew that City will won. After giving Negredo so many opportunitis and CSKA game in front ( which he knew he will play Negredo ). He should at least give Dzeko FULL GAME to score some goals which would be good for City in long terms. He did not. He gave him 45 min and he told a press that is just to REST NEGREDO. Dzeko Scored beauty goal where he beats his defender and scored from big range with his left foot and Negredo has scored a TAP IN goal.BIG MISTAKE. It was obvious that he does not care about Dzeko one bit and that he is DESPERATE for Negrdo to score some easy goals and to get foothold. The rotation was dead. HE forced Dzeko in his further moves.
20 CSKA home Negredo had scored against weak team which weas breaked by an early goal 2 TAP INS from 2,3 m and ONE SOLID GOAL with his head in 90 min. Dzeko did not play.
21 ) Sunderland AWAY Negredo 71 min no affect, no assist, Dzeko played for 19 had one great shot was at least AS good as Negredo.

PELLEGRINI FORCED Dzeko AWAY from this club. HE SHOULD BE blamed for every sucess/lose. He should gave Dzeko at least Norwich game so he can build his game so he can be at LEAST effective SUB. I fear that Pellegrinis master plan wont work. He will have more bad results. Dzeko will not bo so afficient SUB as he was, becasue serios lack of game time.

At press confernce Pellegrini said that Negredo and Aguero are GREAT but also midfield of Nasri, Silva , Yaya and Fernandinho. BUT where id Dzeko there, He said it all about his plans on Dzeko. MANCINI HAD ALWAYS SAID ( wise man ) when reporters asked him Tevez, played great or Aguero played great he ALWAYS said YES BUT I HAVE 4 WC STRIKERS. HE said at least 10 times that Dzeko is the one of the best strikers in the world. BY rotation he was keeping Dzeko Match FIT. Pellegrini had maid huge BET and RISK HERE, by totaly ignoring Dzeko.
The worst thing here is that Negredo is not twice the player as Dzeko so he can justify so many more games.

Dzeko is not his ONLY mistake. Not using Jovetic ( enough ) and playing average Garcia in front of Rodwell /( just take the last game ). You can add to that that he has no PLAN B and is to predictable. Against Totenham he will play: Hart, Zabaleta - Kompany/Demichelis - Nastasic - Clichy, Silva - Fernandinho - YAYA - Nasri, Aguero - Negredo. His subs will be Kolarov and Navas, the 3 one will be Dzeko ( if he needs to score ) or Milner ( if he need to close the game down ).

Negredo was BAD in ALL AWAY games where he scored only 1 goal. Where Dzeko with a lot of less minuts scored 2. The make the matter worse DZEKO WAS KNOW as CITYS BEST SCORER IN AWAY GAMES ( hard goals - said by Platt) where he was usualy very good but he was usualy bad/worse in home games.

A quite phenomenal lack of objectivity and insight. If not the most unintentionally hilarious post I've ever seen on Bluemoon, then certainly one close to it. I'm off for a lie down.....

Lancet Fluke said:
football-fan said:

Correct, he's at least three times the player.

I think closer to five

Cobwebcat said:
I heard an interview with Pellegrini before the season started outlining how we were going to play. I turned to my wife and said..."If we play like that we will win most home matches 3-0 and lose away 1-0"

I was joking because I didn't think Pele really meant we would play the same way at home that we do away. I'm not laughing now though.

We are very lucky that none of the top teams have pulled away but this shouldn't disguise a poor start to the season given the players we have.

I think Pele's tactics just might still come good away from home but its whether by that time its too late to catch the teams above us. Its just as likely that our home form will falter as our away form will improve.... given our relatively easy run of fixtures unfortunately.

Pele was choosen by City as the owners wanted to play exciting football so Pele has delivered that. What the owners now need to ask themselves is which is more important trophies or playing exciting football as, unless you are Barca, its very unlikely you can have both all the time.

Its a long term plan to have all our teams playing the same way. It might be genius. It might cost Pele his job because so far it really isn't working.

I find all this "setup away from home versus home" talk so weird....we've been setting up with 2 strikers, 4 midfielders, and 4 defenders home and away for a very long time now. I really, really, really don't want to ignite talk about this manager versus the previous manager. My much more basic point is that why are people so reticent about setting up with 2 strikers now?

Granted, our away form hasn't been great for a few years, either, and perhaps we should learn that lesson, but this is hardly new or anything unique to how Pellegrini has setup. This supposed high line is a mountain out of a molehill as well. When you have as much possession as we do, your defenders are pretty much always going to be playing a high line.

The way I see it, the only real tactical difference between how we're setup this year versus last has been the roles of Nasri and Silva. Last season they were frequently asked to come deep and/or wide to receive the ball, often forming short triangles with yaya and barry more centrally. This season they've tended to sit in the pockets behind the other team's central midfield a bit more, opening up some longer triangles and allowing us to bypass the center midfield a bit easier on occasion. This makes it more of a 4-2-2-2 than a 4-4-2, but we've had this excruciating debate too often on this forum already, these are nearly the same thing and hardly indicative of some major tactical shift the manager has got all wrong.

Re: Clueless manager

cibaman said:
Lucky Toma said:
The OP went to the game. I did not. He shelled out a fortune. It cost me nothing.

So IMO he can say what he likes without me being all pious on his wording.

However I have to say that having a thread entitled 'Clueless manager' prominent on the board for three days now is embarrassing for all of us.

I did go to the game so I'm happy to be pious on your behalf.

I have my doubts about the manager but for the purpose of this thread I think I'll support him.

The tactics and selection were fine on Sunday, the players clearly got carried away by the 7-0 and qualifying from the CL group.

Isn't that exactly the problem though? It's the job of the manager and his staff to keep the players motivated for every game. In fact with a set of players wth the collective ability of our lot, I would say it's just about his most important job ! Mancini couldn't manage it last season at times (for whatever reason) and Pellers, despite a different approach, isn't getting the most out of them in some games either.

The teams that win things seem to be the ones who's players are up for every game irrespective of opposition (the rags under Ferguson are the best example of this unfortunately). Of course you need alot of quality too but if you can get both, you've got a great chance.

It's early days though so here's hoping.

teddykgb said:
Cobwebcat said:
I heard an interview with Pellegrini before the season started outlining how we were going to play. I turned to my wife and said..."If we play like that we will win most home matches 3-0 and lose away 1-0"

I was joking because I didn't think Pele really meant we would play the same way at home that we do away. I'm not laughing now though.

We are very lucky that none of the top teams have pulled away but this shouldn't disguise a poor start to the season given the players we have.

I think Pele's tactics just might still come good away from home but its whether by that time its too late to catch the teams above us. Its just as likely that our home form will falter as our away form will improve.... given our relatively easy run of fixtures unfortunately.

Pele was choosen by City as the owners wanted to play exciting football so Pele has delivered that. What the owners now need to ask themselves is which is more important trophies or playing exciting football as, unless you are Barca, its very unlikely you can have both all the time.

Its a long term plan to have all our teams playing the same way. It might be genius. It might cost Pele his job because so far it really isn't working.

I find all this "setup away from home versus home" talk so weird....we've been setting up with 2 strikers, 4 midfielders, and 4 defenders home and away for a very long time now. I really, really, really don't want to ignite talk about this manager versus the previous manager. My much more basic point is that why are people so reticent about setting up with 2 strikers now?

Granted, our away form hasn't been great for a few years, either, and perhaps we should learn that lesson, but this is hardly new or anything unique to how Pellegrini has setup. This supposed high line is a mountain out of a molehill as well. When you have as much possession as we do, your defenders are pretty much always going to be playing a high line.

The way I see it, the only real tactical difference between how we're setup this year versus last has been the roles of Nasri and Silva. Last season they were frequently asked to come deep and/or wide to receive the ball, often forming short triangles with yaya and barry more centrally. This season they've tended to sit in the pockets behind the other team's central midfield a bit more, opening up some longer triangles and allowing us to bypass the center midfield a bit easier on occasion. This makes it more of a 4-2-2-2 than a 4-4-2, but we've had this excruciating debate too often on this forum already, these are nearly the same thing and hardly indicative of some major tactical shift the manager has got all wrong.

Now we play very high up the pitch an try to monopolise possession in the oponents half. Its great at home but away from home teams hang on for their lives and wait for the mistake or their opportunity to break. So far it has nearly always presented itself. There is a clear blueprint to beat us away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.