Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
Don't want to butt in on Billy's answer but surely its just that we need more time to produce our own....it might be a while as it looks like our methods are working from the U-14s down.

With Silva injured playing Jimmy there would've meant Navas starting again and playing the full 90. Which he'd have to do Sunday too. I think MP's got a balancing act on his hand. With better squad options I'm sure that Garcia would've played less and certainly in less problematic situations.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Serious question Billy.You have now mentioned Iniesta,Messi and now a South American Central midfielder that you believe we are after. What happened to being self sufficient and producing our own talent?

Bloody hell, SHB. You really think we will ever become the only club in world football history to never buy a player? And exactly what world stars are you expecting to be churned out this season from that building site behind Asda?

Seriously, mate, you need to have a break from City or something. It's like you've come to hate the club you support.

Didsbury Dave said:
Serious question Billy.You have now mentioned Iniesta,Messi and now a South American Central midfielder that you believe we are after. What happened to being self sufficient and producing our own talent?

Bloody hell, SHB. You really think we will ever become the only club in world football history to never buy a player? And exactly what world stars are you expecting to be churned out this season from that building site behind Asda?

Seriously, mate, you need to have a break from City or something. It's like you've come to hate the club you support.

I'm not talking about now Dave,but how much do you expect us to keep spending?
Messi,Iniesta,Shaw etc etc the list continues.It's simply bollocks it really is.It's like the classic Pep is gonna rock up here in 2-3 seasons.How the fuck does anyone on here know that? Let's look at the cold hard facts,we are fantastic at home and can beat anyone (except a top european side) yet away needs a huge huge turn around in form.
The next 2 aways will be the decider for me as regards MP and as to if he can sort the away form out or not.

I hate my club?? Course I do mate-Jesus Christ I don't want to turn this into a slanging match but a break??? Why??If I hated my club do you seriously believe I would keep going week in week out..seriously?? Have a word pal.I live for City after my family and I am allowed an opinion on MP and anything at the club.Sorry if you don't agree with me but I wont be losing any sleep over it.
I just hate people posting stuff as if they are inside the club with a direct line to Khaldoons and the 2 spaniards inbox.It is simply laughable,absurd and a sort of look at me bollocks.

Messi?? Iniesta?? Not in a million years

For me last night summed up the limitations of Pelle's system that are only masked, and not eradicated, when we pick our first choice team. Like I said on the weekend we get away with the openness at home but away we'd have lost that game.

Dzeko doesn't suit our style of play and what we require from a centre forward and he started off last night trying but we were so poor for large periods of that first half I'm not surprised his head went down, he's lacking confidence and we know, like Nasri, that it turns him from the Spurs away player into last night's player in a flash. Comparing his performance to Negredo's last night is unfair because Negredo came on and was fresh late on chasing about whereas Dzeko had been on the whole game and had done some tracking back, particularly in the first half.

He just doesn't suit us, it doesn't make him shit, he's just not right for us.

It takes more than a couple of weeks to produce players, and our production line only really started this summer gone, none of what we have/had are up to the job.

Pellegrini is getting us to play the best attacking football I've ever seen us play. The away form will come and we'll do the league and cup double. January will be an interesting window imo

cleavers said:
It takes more than a couple of weeks to produce players, and our production line only really started this summer gone, none of what we have/had are up to the job.

Agreed that it takes yrs for homegrown talent to come through and only a sure % will make it to the level we want however my point to Billy was a genuine one regarding Messi, Iniesta and others.
I simply cannot see with FFP etc how the club can simply spend what would be circa £200 plus million on 1 player however he "believes" we are in for him-See the Messi thread.

BibbyBlue85 said:
Pellegrini is getting us to play the best attacking football I've ever seen us play.

Hearing that from more and more Blues with each passing week. Feels good because it means my faith in Pellegrini wasn't misplaced.

As someone who shall rename nameless said to me in a PM ... I'll take winning one or two less trophies or losing the occasional game we shouldn't lose to play with such attacking gusto all the time.

BillyShears said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Pellegrini is getting us to play the best attacking football I've ever seen us play.

Hearing that from more and more Blues with each passing week. Feels good because it means my faith in Pellegrini wasn't misplaced.

As someone who shall rename nameless said to me in a PM ... I'll take winning one or two less trophies or losing the occasional game we shouldn't lose to play with such attacking gusto all the time.

not this season, I sense a certain need from a lot of people for us to regain the title and stamp our authority back on things and put another big trophy in the cabinet so that we have "More than one" so to speak.

No trophies this season, no matter how nice the attacking play, will leave a lot of supporters very dissappointed and asking questions.

He needs to address the weaknesses in his system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.