Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
What happened to the Dzeko thread ?
The usual I'm afraid.

Its sad, but we laughed at him last night as he went from OK, through nothing working and frustration, to disinterested, and eventually desperation, and the goal he scored was almost irony in its lateness, following Negredo's late introduction. When you see one tackling back at left back, and the other stood on the half way line (other than corners), you realise the huge difference between the two.

I wonder if the club had a plan in the summer ? Keep Dzeko until January, by which time they hoped Guidetti would be fit and ready to take his place, so cleverly managed the situation by bigging him up. I've no idea, but its clear he doesn't fit MP's team/style of play, any more than he fitted RM's team/style of play.

I hope for his sake we haven't damaged him irreparably.

I've spent a lot of the last couple of months saying there's no way we'd let him go in January and it'd be a daft thing to do. However if his attitude continues to deteriorate then he can go because he's the type of character that can wreck a dressing room.

I am probably wrong but did we try and sell him the previous summer? In our attempts in doing that and our supposed interest in van Persie we may have created some of our own problems with Dzeko.

BillyShears said:
I've spent a lot of the last couple of months saying there's no way we'd let him go in January and it'd be a daft thing to do. However if his attitude continues to deteriorate then he can go because he's the type of character that can wreck a dressing room.
I think it hit rock bottom last night when Negredo came on and scored right away. I don't think MP will allow him to disrupt the dressing room though, but we need to part ways as soon as is practical.

Ray78 said:
I am probably wrong but did we try and sell him the previous summer? In our attempts in doing that and our supposed interest in van Persie we may have created some of our own problems with Dzeko.

He should never have been signed in the first place IMO. We signed Balo the summer before and Aguero the summer after. He was a monumental waste of money/wages IMO. A very good player, but badly scouted as he has non of the key technical attributes to play the way either Pellegrini wants or indeed the way Mancini wanted.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:52 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
I think it hit rock bottom last night when Negredo came on and scored right away. I don't think MP will allow him to disrupt the dressing room though, but we need to part ways as soon as is practical.

The non celebration for his goal was a reflection of his non celebration when Negredo scored. I don't know - even on the field it felt like he was sapping the character and enjoyment out of a team which has been if nothing else, paying with a smile on it's collective face for a while now.

BillyShears said:
Ray78 said:

He should never have been signed in the first place IMO. We signed Balo the summer before and Aguero the summer after. He was a monumental waste of money/wages IMO. A very good player, but badly scouted as he has non of the key technical attributes to play the way either Pellegrini wants or indeed the way Mancini wanted.

True we have dropped a bollock on this one. However we did try and sign him ahead of Mario in that summer IIRC and maybe at the time we didn't match Wolfsburg's valuation plus we still had Adebayor kicking up a stink mid season so we were actively looking for a replacement.

Dzeko should never have been allowed set foot in Carrington after his non display away at spurs at the back end if last season. I'm sure somebody would have taken him at a half decent price over the summer,it was always going to be like it is now with him. He doesn't give a flying Fk how he performs,he should be ashamed of himself when he sees what Negredo does on the pitch.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
What happened to the Dzeko thread ?
The usual I'm afraid.

Its sad, but we laughed at him last night as he went from OK, through nothing working and frustration, to disinterested, and eventually desperation, and the goal he scored was almost irony in its lateness, following Negredo's late introduction. When you see one tackling back at left back, and the other stood on the half way line (other than corners), you realise the huge difference between the two.

I wonder if the club had a plan in the summer ? Keep Dzeko until January, by which time they hoped Guidetti would be fit and ready to take his place, so cleverly managed the situation by bigging him up. I've no idea, but its clear he doesn't fit MP's team/style of play, any more than he fitted RM's team/style of play.

I hope for his sake we haven't damaged him irreparably.

We should've dealt with Arsenal in the summer when we had the chance, they'll now have the chance to get him at a knock down price just like Wenger predicted.

You can say what you like about Wenger but he's very shrewd in the market

BillyShears said:
Regarding last night ... I thought Pellegrini got his team selection wrong. Playing Aguero was pointless and we should've started the game with the team that started the 2nd half.

On the plus side he identified the problems in the first half and the changes made all the difference as we had much better control of the game after the break and finished the game much stronger than we began it.

I really think he should by now know that Garcia in a two man midfield with anyone else is going to get overrun by any side with a bit of pace and a bit of guile.

I thought Pelle would never play Garcia at centre half again and he's done it twice since. Then I thought he would never play Garcia in a midfield two again and he is still keeping faith with him. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him played in either of those positions again. None of us are as good a tactician as Pelle obviously, but what is it that Pelle sees that we don't?

Poor Fernandinho must be knackered after last night.

Cobwebcat said:
BillyShears said:
Regarding last night ... I thought Pellegrini got his team selection wrong. Playing Aguero was pointless and we should've started the game with the team that started the 2nd half.

On the plus side he identified the problems in the first half and the changes made all the difference as we had much better control of the game after the break and finished the game much stronger than we began it.

I really think he should by now know that Garcia in a two man midfield with anyone else is going to get overrun by any side with a bit of pace and a bit of guile.

I thought Pelle would never play Garcia at centre half again and he's done it twice since. Then I thought he would never play Garcia in a midfield two again and he is still keeping faith with him. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him played in either of those positions again. None of us are as good a tactician as Pelle obviously, but what is it that Pelle sees that we don't?

I think it's a question of options. If you don't play Garcia who do you play with Rodwell injured and Yaya and Fernandinho needing a rest. Makes things tricky.

We need another CM player desperately IMO. I believe we've sniffed around a couple in south America - wouldn't surprise me in the least if we brought another one in in January who wasn't cup tied for the CL.

BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:
BillyShears said:

I think it's a question of options. If you don't play Garcia who do you play with Rodwell injured and Yaya and Fernandinho needing a rest. Makes things tricky.

We need another CM player desperately IMO. I believe we've sniffed around a couple in south America - wouldn't surprise me in the least if we brought another one in in January who wasn't cup tied for the CL.

Serious question Billy.You have now mentioned Iniesta,Messi and now a South American Central midfielder that you believe we are after. What happened to being self sufficient and producing our own talent?

BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:
BillyShears said:

Though not a long term answer I'd play Milner there before Garcia. He might not be as good a passer but he can break up play and help the defence.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:30 pm --<br /><br />
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:

Serious question Billy.You have now mentioned Iniesta,Messi and now a South American Central midfielder that you believe we are after. What happened to being self sufficient and producing our own talent?

Don't want to butt in on Billy's answer but surely its just that we need more time to produce our own....it might be a while as it looks like our methods are working from the U-14s down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.