Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

vintiz said:
was he clueless all the times we won other teams ?

Do you mean the teams we beat at home ? or do you mean the teams plural we have beaten away from home ? ergh West Ham
Maybe you also mean Viktoria Pilzen where we struggled for most of the first half against an average European side.

But the real point is the manner in which we have lost the games away from home.
Cardiff - we go 1-0 up and that should of ben the end of it. Top sides go on to get the result especially against relegation fodder.
Stoke - don't even go there, we were so so lucky to get a point.
Villa, twice we went in front to a team close to relegation and we still fucked up.
Sunderland in the bottom 3 and we couldn't manage a serious shot on goal.
The only decent side we have played is Chelsea where again we never threatened there keeper and could have been down 3-0 at half time.

If you have one or two injuries you are forced to change a winning team but at Sunderland he made 5 changes !!
In eleven league games we have had a different back four in seven of them.
Great at home, shit away, maybe you can tell me why.

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Challenger1978 said:
Ducado said:
And round and round we go!

Where will this all end, I don't have a clue, someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong I guess.

Would it be too much to ask everyone just to let go of the hurts and arguments of the past and start anew? Don't we all support the same team when all is said and done

Feel free if you want to keep chasing your tails, you will end up getting dizzy and you wont ever catch it, a much admired mentor of mine once had this pearl of wisdom for me he said

"Would you prefer to be right, or to be at peace"

This has been going on since at least 2007 round and round in circles we keep going. One lot pro manger one lot against him, i don't think it will ever change on here.
It's so fucking stupid though. The two aren't connected. Mancini didn't get sacked because we wanted Pellegrini. He got sacked and Pellegrini was the best available of the type of manager Soriano and Txiki wanted. The warring factions are just bitching because of their egos, not because their argument has any fucking relevance.

Kazzydeyna said:
Didsbury Dave said:
de niro said:
the rest of football including the rags are pissing themselves at the way we have shot ourselves in the foot since winning the league. not only have we gone backwards we are compounding it at every opportunity.

Didn't see many of the ***** laughing at old Trafford in March or The Etihad a few weeks ago. No united fan with an iq higher than 20 "pisses himself" about anything to do with city any more.

Every united fan I know knows full well that we have overtaken them and is very afraid, in fact probably more like expectant, of the time we actually click and fulfil our true potential. They all know that time is closer now than ever. I work with and talk to a lot of 'proper' football every day and pretty much every knowledgeable neutral in football holds a similar opinion: that city will hit top gear soon and be very hard to stop.

The only people frightened and paranoid are a tiny percentage of our fans, and a particular kind, but they'll change their tune soon enough.

I hate to say this but we are a minimum of 20 years away from overtaking united.

It is a mark of how disappointing MP and the barca boys have been that after a much much easier start we are currently deservedly behind them in the league and likely to finish 5-10 pts behind them at seasons end.

We had a once in a lifetime chance to bulldoze our way to the front of english football after the title win but failed to take it. Instead we concentrated on internal squabbles and back biting.

Just like the early 70's and we know how that turned out.

Fact is as a club we are intimidated and shit scared of utd and we will never amount to fuck all until this outlook stops.
you speak for your self, you don't speak for any self respecting blue I know,

Challenger1978 said:
Ducado said:

Where will this all end, I don't have a clue, someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong I guess.

Would it be too much to ask everyone just to let go of the hurts and arguments of the past and start anew? Don't we all support the same team when all is said and done

Feel free if you want to keep chasing your tails, you will end up getting dizzy and you wont ever catch it, a much admired mentor of mine once had this pearl of wisdom for me he said

This has been going on since at least 2007 round and round in circles we keep going. One lot pro manger one lot against him, i don't think it will ever change on here.

It's nothing to do with who the manager is or isn't it's more to do with bruised ego's and the need to be seen as right!

The daft thing is, if we go and put a run of good wins on, those that have been most damming of the current manager will disappear, those who have been most fulsome in praise will want to rub their noses in it, and round and round it goes

And yes I do have to read it!

uwe rosler 28 said:
Kazzydeyna said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Didn't see many of the ***** laughing at old Trafford in March or The Etihad a few weeks ago. No united fan with an iq higher than 20 "pisses himself" about anything to do with city any more.

Every united fan I know knows full well that we have overtaken them and is very afraid, in fact probably more like expectant, of the time we actually click and fulfil our true potential. They all know that time is closer now than ever. I work with and talk to a lot of 'proper' football every day and pretty much every knowledgeable neutral in football holds a similar opinion: that city will hit top gear soon and be very hard to stop.

The only people frightened and paranoid are a tiny percentage of our fans, and a particular kind, but they'll change their tune soon enough.

I hate to say this but we are a minimum of 20 years away from overtaking united.

It is a mark of how disappointing MP and the barca boys have been that after a much much easier start we are currently deservedly behind them in the league and likely to finish 5-10 pts behind them at seasons end.

We had a once in a lifetime chance to bulldoze our way to the front of english football after the title win but failed to take it. Instead we concentrated on internal squabbles and back biting.

Fact is as a club we are intimidated and shit scared of utd and we will never amount to fuck all until this outlook stops.

Shakes head in disbelief worst post I have ever seen.

It's nowhere near the worst post i've seen but that doesn't mean that I agree with anything in it.

Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Challenger1978 said:
Ducado said:

Thing is if Pellegrini had won say just 2 away games there would be no discussion about his managerial expertise! What I don't get is why anyone would of been on Mancini back when he delivered on everything he said!

Ducado said:
Challenger1978 said:
Ducado said:

It's nothing to do with who the manager is or isn't it's more to do with bruised ego's and the need to be seen as right!

The daft thing is, if we go and put a run of good wins on, those that have been most damming of the current manager will disappear, those who have been most fulsome in praise will want to rub their noses in it, and round and round it goes

And yes I do have to read it!

As a general rule, if we're winning football matches and sitting at the top of the League, the manager and the executives who appointed him will be praised, and if we're losing football matches and sitting 8th in the League they will cop some flak. I fail to see what's surprising or unusual about that.

Kazzydeyna said:
Didsbury Dave said:
de niro said:
the rest of football including the rags are pissing themselves at the way we have shot ourselves in the foot since winning the league. not only have we gone backwards we are compounding it at every opportunity.

Didn't see many of the cunts laughing at old Trafford in March or The Etihad a few weeks ago. No united fan with an iq higher than 20 "pisses himself" about anything to do with city any more.

Haha. The hypocrisy of your first and last sentences is brilliant.

The day we overtook united was the cup semi final of 2011. Since then we have been a better team and we still are.

They should never have been allowed to beat us to the title last season and exactly the same applies this season.

Call me Mr Optimistic, but I don't see their huge one point advantage as insurmountable.

Skashion said:
Challenger1978 said:
Ducado said:

It's so fucking stupid though. The two aren't connected. Mancini didn't get sacked because we wanted Pellegrini. He got sacked and Pellegrini was the best available of the type of manager Soriano and Txiki wanted. The warring factions are just bitching because of their egos, not because their argument has any fucking relevance.
I can only speak for myself but ego has nothing to do with my posts on this thread and the similar one when Mancini was here. I'd rather not get drawn into the petty name calling as it derails the thread. Sometimes it's hard not to react to posts irrationally, I occasionally do it myself like tonight, in the main though I don't think I've had cross words with more than a handful of people in the couple of years I've posted. All on this same subject as it happens. Hopefully things will die down when results improve and we've had longer to assess pellegrinis style, way of thinking etc. Right now there are still a few raw feelings about and a couple of poor results is all it takes to start the bickering.

Pablo1 said:
Ducado said:

I'd rather be at peace, I won't have Dave try and talk down to me like he does with every other blue who he doesn't agree with though.

Never noticed you before to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.