Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

badge said:
according to the stats we must have given the 'keeper something to do:

chelsea / city

Shots 12 / 15
On target 4 / 6
Corners 3 / 6
It strikes me as odd that you see those stats as far superior. I call them pretty even, and certainly could not constitute 'far superior' by any stretch of the imagination, slightly superior, yes, but far superior not a chance. Also, whilst I'm a big big believer in stats, and stats are useful for demonstrating larger scale truths, and longer-term truths, I wouldn't say they are particularly brilliant at illustrating the ebbs and flows of a particular match. Take for instance Torres' shot that he blazed over the bar with only Hart between him and a goal. That doesn't count as a shot on target but it was a clear-cut opportunity and if Kun had gotten that opportunity, I'd expect it to be buried in the back of the net. The way I look at it, is, if you had to swap your chances with theirs, would you. I think I would have done. I think Chelsea had the better chances. Overall, I think we played better, and I wouldn't swap our squad with theirs, but if given their chances I'd expect to have won that game. Basically stats are limited in assessing anything qualitative.

However, Chelsea, we can get over that. We deserved a point, we played well, we lost. It happens, The problem is not that we lost at Chelsea.

Blue Mist said:
badge said:
Blue Mist said:
We dominated possession, that does not make us superior. I don't recall Cech making a save. I do recall them missing two chances in the first half that they should have scored from.
Do you remember us troubling their keeper ?

chelsea / city

Shots 12 / 15
On target 4 / 6
Corners 3 / 6

Stats can say and mean anything you want. Sergio scored a brilliant individual goal that came out of the blue. That was it. What is your take on all the other away matches by the way ?

i'm not going over it again. i've done it earlier in the thread but, in a nutshell, with the exception of a poor display at stoke, we've been the best side in all our games. and i'm not interested in you throwing the results back at me.

badge said:
i'm not going over it again. i've done it earlier in the thread but, in a nutshell, with the exception of a poor display at stoke, we've been the best side in all our games. and i'm not interested in you throwing the results back at me.
That was true last season as well though, we were on top in virtually every game, and it was making us tear our hair out that the results did not follow, that we couldn't break down the parked buses. Results are what count though.

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

hgblue said:
Ducado said:
Challenger1978 said:
This has been going on since at least 2007 round and round in circles we keep going. One lot pro manger one lot against him, i don't think it will ever change on here.

It's nothing to do with who the manager is or isn't it's more to do with bruised ego's and the need to be seen as right!

The daft thing is, if we go and put a run of good wins on, those that have been most damming of the current manager will disappear, those who have been most fulsome in praise will want to rub their noses in it, and round and round it goes

And yes I do have to read it!

As a general rule, if we're winning football matches and sitting at the top of the League, the manager and the executives who appointed him will be praised, and if we're losing football matches and sitting 8th in the League they will cop some flak. I fail to see what's surprising or unusual about that.

Bingo
Just as the Same happened last season at this point
The ones giving the shit out then abt mancini's start are the ones now defending pellegrini's
Ycmiu,the hypocrisy is staggering.

Skashion said:
badge said:

chelsea / city

Shots 12 / 15
On target 4 / 6
Corners 3 / 6
It strikes me as odd that you see those stats as far superior. I call them pretty even, and certainly could not constitute 'far superior' by any stretch of the imagination, slightly superior, yes, but far superior not a chance. Also, whilst I'm a big big believer in stats, and stats are useful for demonstrating larger scale truths, and longer-term truths, I wouldn't say they are particularly brilliant at illustrating the ebbs and flows of a particular match. Take for instance Torres' shot that he blazed over the bar with only Hart between him and a goal. That doesn't count as a shot on target but it was a clear-cut opportunity and if Kun had gotten that opportunity, I'd expect it to be buried in the back of the net. The way I look at it, is, if you had to swap your chances with theirs, would you. I think I would have done. I think Chelsea had the better chances. Overall, I think we played better, and I wouldn't swap our squad with theirs, but if given their chances I'd expect to have won that game.

However, Chelsea, we can get over that. We deserved a point, we played well, we lost. It happens, The problem is not that we lost at Chelsea.

i'm sensationalising for the purpose of balance. ok, we were the better side if that makes everybody happy.

badge said:
wilmslowblue said:
badge said:
just about sums how clueless some of you are. pochettino really? the same guy that was sacked by espanyol for getting nine points from THIRTEEN games.

I agree with Anthony but not Pochetino. Hopefully will end up a bit like Clarke from last season.

I would throw all our petro dollars at trying to lure Jupp or The General out of retirement!

Whatever we do we must remove this pathetic excuse for an "Engineer" i have ever seen.

this week i've had good chats at work with an everton fan and two un!ted supporters. all agreed we were unlucky at sunderland. i told them about our embarrassing fans on this website and each found it rather amusing. the everton fan agrees 100% with me, that there are too many dickheads around claiming to be football fans. i can almost guarantee that the majority slagging him off on here are the very same who are more interested in the piss-up rather than the game.

clueless manager? clueless fans? definitely!
Who the hell do you think think you are , because people don't agree with you theyre dickheads are they ? Pretending to be football fans ? you've got a high opinion of yourself. We wernt unlucky at Sunderland , we played shit, bad formation , bad tactics, even worse attitude.
You can guarantee the majority slagging him off only go for the piss up, nowt like an sweeping generalization is there, you get the award for the most stupid sentence of the week Mr Superfan.

Skashion said:
Challenger1978 said:
Ducado said:
And round and round we go!

Where will this all end, I don't have a clue, someone is going to be right and someone is going to be wrong I guess.

Would it be too much to ask everyone just to let go of the hurts and arguments of the past and start anew? Don't we all support the same team when all is said and done

Feel free if you want to keep chasing your tails, you will end up getting dizzy and you wont ever catch it, a much admired mentor of mine once had this pearl of wisdom for me he said

"Would you prefer to be right, or to be at peace"

This has been going on since at least 2007 round and round in circles we keep going. One lot pro manger one lot against him, i don't think it will ever change on here.
It's so fucking stupid though. The two aren't connected. Mancini didn't get sacked because we wanted Pellegrini. He got sacked and Pellegrini was the best available of the type of manager Soriano and Txiki wanted. The warring factions are just bitching because of their egos, not because their argument has any fucking relevance.

There can be a third camp.

Many didn't want Mr M to go and think Mr P wasn't an upgrade.

It doen't necessarily follow that they didn't think Mr P was the right man to take the helm.

He is a good Manager, his record shows that.

He will be a success at City. The Bayern game apart, myself and many others have been impressed so far. As a group, our only problem is that we don't scream and shout the loudest.

ballinio said:
badge said:
wilmslowblue said:
I agree with Anthony but not Pochetino. Hopefully will end up a bit like Clarke from last season.

I would throw all our petro dollars at trying to lure Jupp or The General out of retirement!

Whatever we do we must remove this pathetic excuse for an "Engineer" i have ever seen.

this week i've had good chats at work with an everton fan and two un!ted supporters. all agreed we were unlucky at sunderland. i told them about our embarrassing fans on this website and each found it rather amusing. the everton fan agrees 100% with me, that there are too many dickheads around claiming to be football fans. i can almost guarantee that the majority slagging him off on here are the very same who are more interested in the piss-up rather than the game.

clueless manager? clueless fans? definitely!
Who the hell do you think think you are , because people don't agree with you theyre dickheads are they ? Pretending to be football fans ? you've got a high opinion of yourself. We wernt unlucky at Sunderland , we played shit, bad formation , bad tactics, even worse attitude.
You can guarantee the majority slagging him off only go for the piss up, nowt like an sweeping generalization is there, you get the award for the most stupid sentence of the week Mr Superfan.

yeah, supporters who don't have the ability to reason or have any sense of rationale, dick'eads yeah. i don't claim to be a superfan, just a person that doesn't strike out when he doesn't understand something. patience is something you wouldn't recognise if it kicked you in the bollocks.
i'll sign off with my final three words on this forum - SIR ALEX FERGUSON!

ifiwasarichfan said:
Skashion said:
Challenger1978 said:
It's so fucking stupid though. The two aren't connected. Mancini didn't get sacked because we wanted Pellegrini. He got sacked and Pellegrini was the best available of the type of manager Soriano and Txiki wanted. The warring factions are just bitching because of their egos, not because their argument has any fucking relevance.

There can be a third camp.

Many didn't want Mr M to go and think Mr P wasn't an upgrade.

It doen't necessarily follow that they didn't think Mr P was the right man to take the helm.

He is a good Manager, his record shows that.

He will be a success at City. The Bayern game apart, myself and many others have been impressed so far. As a group, our only problem is that we don't scream and shout the loudest.
I`m interested to know what you have been impressed with ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.