Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BosnianDragon said:
simon23 said:
At the moment this is my take on it:

As an attacking team we have more options ( a plan b so to speak)..we do vary our way of attacking now which we didnt really do under RM. However are we attacking better? IMHO no we arent.....maybe to me this is because our football isnt as attractive as it was (however I will say that we are moving the ball quicker in some games which is good to see)

Defensively we are a shambles regardless of what the stats say. We are all over the palce every time someone attacks us whether it results in a goal or a chance or not..........as individuals and as a unit we have gone backwards hugely in this area...part of this can be blamed on the absence of VK but a large part of it is also down to MP..whether it be his rotation of other players at the back or poor team selection/tactics in the midfield area...we are simply wide open a lot of the time.

My overall feeling is that we wont get near wining the league (cup ccmps are a bit of a lottery and can come down to the luck of the draw and teams having on or off days)...the league for me is the guideline and is more important than the champs league (though i understand why financially this is important)....winning the league says to me that we are the best team in the country and imho we are not looking like getting anywhere near that at the moment

I dont want MP gone I want him to succeed BUT he has got an awful lot to do for me and I havent been impressed by what Ive seen so far (even in games where we have won at times)
So far I see MP just changing players (based on media pressure) and not have real attempt to improve our deffense (for most of part he did not even realize he has deffense issues). Football is a game that evolves and you have to follow the trend. Instead analayzing games, founding basic/foundation problem, indentifaying new approach/tactics to correct problem, training deffense on new tactics and finaly implementing tactics in match; he decided for cheap solutions by changing players which in betwen lines means putting all blame on them. In reality he just scratched the surface, but it is a good way to temporary save your authority.

Some good points in there. I heard some talking head on Talkshite this morning saying how Pellegrini had recognised that we had defensive problems, but was 'not allowed' to pay 30million for Pepe, who he had identified as the solution. As I recall, the attempt to sign Pepe was a knee-jerk reaction following Vinnie's injury against Newcastle. Pellegrini made no attempt to bolster our defence pre-season - As I see it, prior to Vinnie getting injured, Pellegrini thought he had a perfect squad (bar Isco).
The guy is suspect at best.

I still think we'll win the league this year despite the bad start - we've got too many great players to f*ck up all season (I hope...), but Pellegrini needs to start respecting all the clubs in the prem. This ain't Spain by any means. To date he's been pretty well outsmarted by such master tactitians as Clueless, the shit-smearer, and Fatboy Bruce... it doesn't bode well.

A lot of posts mention the rotation of players in the defensive half. Apart from Vinnie and his injury, is it rotation for the fun of it or is it a case of MP trying to work out what his best combination is. The unit may look good on the training pitch but they need to be seen on the combative fields.

Lavinda Past said:
BosnianDragon said:
simon23 said:
At the moment this is my take on it:

As an attacking team we have more options ( a plan b so to speak)..we do vary our way of attacking now which we didnt really do under RM. However are we attacking better? IMHO no we arent.....maybe to me this is because our football isnt as attractive as it was (however I will say that we are moving the ball quicker in some games which is good to see)

Defensively we are a shambles regardless of what the stats say. We are all over the palce every time someone attacks us whether it results in a goal or a chance or not..........as individuals and as a unit we have gone backwards hugely in this area...part of this can be blamed on the absence of VK but a large part of it is also down to MP..whether it be his rotation of other players at the back or poor team selection/tactics in the midfield area...we are simply wide open a lot of the time.

My overall feeling is that we wont get near wining the league (cup ccmps are a bit of a lottery and can come down to the luck of the draw and teams having on or off days)...the league for me is the guideline and is more important than the champs league (though i understand why financially this is important)....winning the league says to me that we are the best team in the country and imho we are not looking like getting anywhere near that at the moment

I dont want MP gone I want him to succeed BUT he has got an awful lot to do for me and I havent been impressed by what Ive seen so far (even in games where we have won at times)
So far I see MP just changing players (based on media pressure) and not have real attempt to improve our deffense (for most of part he did not even realize he has deffense issues). Football is a game that evolves and you have to follow the trend. Instead analayzing games, founding basic/foundation problem, indentifaying new approach/tactics to correct problem, training deffense on new tactics and finaly implementing tactics in match; he decided for cheap solutions by changing players which in betwen lines means putting all blame on them. In reality he just scratched the surface, but it is a good way to temporary save your authority.

Some good points in there. I heard some talking head on Talkshite this morning saying how Pellegrini had recognised that we had defensive problems, but was 'not allowed' to pay 30million for Pepe, who he had identified as the solution. As I recall, the attempt to sign Pepe was a knee-jerk reaction following Vinnie's injury against Newcastle. Pellegrini made no attempt to bolster our defence pre-season - As I see it, prior to Vinnie getting injured, Pellegrini thought he had a perfect squad (bar Isco).
The guy is suspect at best.

I still think we'll win the league this year despite the bad start - we've got too many great players to f*ck up all season (I hope...), but Pellegrini needs to start respecting all the clubs in the prem. This ain't Spain by any means. To date he's been pretty well outsmarted by such master tactitians as Clueless, the shit-smearer, and Fatboy Bruce... it doesn't bode well.
Agree. I would like to see him change the way we play, improve our game. That did not happen so far. Change one player having poor match is not permanent solution. He can build the game around the players he has,

I will tell you an area Pellegrini did get it wrong. He should have taken off silva and aguero at half time against Moscow. He probably could have made more subs at half time against Norwich too. Both games were won and the players could have been rested. Silva would still be fit for a start.

Didsbury Dave said:
I will tell you an area Pellegrini did get it wrong. He should have taken off silva and aguero at half time against Moscow. He probably could have made more subs at half time against Norwich too. Both games were won and the players could have been rested. Silva would still be fit for a start.

If we hadn't conceded that soft goal just on half time I reckon he'd have made changes earlier.

OB1 said:
flb said:
cleavers said:
More stats, but you don't tell us what they are based on ? All games, league games, CL games, european games ?

All games

Pellegrini's win stats in his year at Real Madrid were 75%, weren't they? Given the resources at City, it is not unreasonable to think that he might produce a bloody decent win percentage with us if he is given time and support.

How old is he? He will be gone in two season, if he last. Its the slippery little shit Tixxi who has the final say on selections. Pelli is making the best of very bad situation, something Mancini wouldn't.

VOOMER said:
How old is he? He will be gone in two season, if he last.

He is 4 years younger than Wenger who is still going strong.

Its the slippery little shit Tixxi who has the final say on selections.

You think Txiki picks the team every week? REALLY? He is a director of football - almost every top club in Europe with a few exceptions has one. Just like all of them, he DOESN'T pick the team. Do you think Sammer is in charge of selections at Bayern? Zorc at Dortmund? Marotta at Juve? No, no, and no. Just like at City.

Gods, this forum lately... I've had a browse at forums of two clubs with similar up-and-down starts, United and Chelsea, and they are backing their manager and team a lot more than many people here, because it's 1/4 of the way through the season with 6pts between 1st and 8th. Those eager for heads to roll should wait until the end of the season, rather than the first sign things aren't perfect. Remember our title-winning season when we fell 10pts behind or so? I'm sure half of the people calling for Pellegrini's head wanted Mancini's head to roll around that time.

LoveCity said:
VOOMER said:

You think Txiki picks the team every week? REALLY? He is a director of football - almost every top club in Europe with a few exceptions has one. Just like all of them, he DOESN'T pick the team. Do you think Sammer is in charge of selections at Bayern? Zorc at Dortmund? Marotta at Juve? No, no, and no. Just like at City.

Gods, this forum lately... I've had a browse at forums of two clubs with similar up-and-down starts, United and Chelsea, and they are backing their manager and team a lot more than many people here, because it's 1/4 of the way through the season with 6pts between 1st and 8th. Those eager for heads to roll should wait until the end of the season, rather than the first sign things aren't perfect. Remember our title-winning season when we fell 10pts behind or so? I'm sure half of the people calling for Pellegrini's head wanted Mancini's head to roll around that time.

There are some really awful posts from some ignorant, very biased and very ill-informed posters at the moment.

LoveCity said:
VOOMER said:

Gods, this forum lately... I've had a browse at forums of two clubs with similar up-and-down starts, United and Chelsea, and they are backing their manager and team a lot more than many people here, because it's 1/4 of the way through the season with 6pts between 1st and 8th.
To be fair, questioning or defending the decisions made by each club will be different given the circumstances surrounding their decisions.

In short, Chelsea and United were forced into managerial change, their fans can't really woman and moan. As annoying and sad as it may be, City fans will until the decision to change managers is validated.

Daily Star reporting that MP has stripped the Vice-Captaincy from Zaba and given it to Yaya permanently. Interesting this is coming after the lethargic performance from Yaya. Said to have angered some in the locker room. My question is why make this unpopular move now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.