Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

onceabluealways said:
Pam said:
onceabluealways said:
I've given my opinion on Pellers but can't see why people still go on about Mancini. He did a job and has moved on - he won't be coming back.

For all the people craving him to come back I still have the painful memories of Wigan - either couldn't motivate or lost the dressing room either way nothing says this season would have been good

This was the Spaniard's doing, in my opinion. It felt like a strange day before a ball was kicked in anger that day. And that "losing the dressing room" thing drives me up the wall. The players have a contract of employment with the club and are richly rewarded to wear the shirt with pride and give of their best whether Bobby was in charge or Satan himself.

That would be the case if he they thought like us - but to a lot of players it's their place of work they want to tbe happy who they work with and unfortunately at most clubs have the power to influence descisions above.

Personally I agree with you they should give 110% all the time for the money they get and if not the manager the supporters. I wonder how many of the players lost sleep when we were all drowning our sorrows

I think its fair to say some of the most successful managers were / are twats i do not believe that the most successful managers are successful because they are nice chaps and make everything nice and fluffy for their darling players

Ferguson, Mouriniho and many more were are are ruthless bastards and its their way or the highway

Matt.D said:
Our away form wasn't close to being good enough under the messiah Mancini. It's now even worse. I don't see why neither of them realised that away from home we have to start the best 11 available to us every week. Had Pellegrini done that we wouldn't of dropped points at Stoke, Villa or Sunderland.
We lost only 5 away games under Mancini last season

ballinio said:
Matt.D said:
Our away form wasn't close to being good enough under the messiah Mancini. It's now even worse. I don't see why neither of them realised that away from home we have to start the best 11 available to us every week. Had Pellegrini done that we wouldn't of dropped points at Stoke, Villa or Sunderland.

I didn't say we lost too many, I said our away form wasn't good enough under Mancini.

Chippy_boy said:
Palerider said:
If I'm honest I think most managers are average. I know that sounds obvious but if the managers of the top of the league swapped with the bottom of the league I don't think we would see a change. They are paid money for old rope. I just don't rate most of them at all. Even someone like the lauded Ferguson is barely better than average, in our title winning season Fergie cocked up twice in the games against City. Guadiola has managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich and been succesful but so would anyone else, would Guadiola keep Palace up this year? I've been supporting City since 1967 and in that time I cannot think of a single manager who has left us and moved on to better things. ( Just checked on Wiki and Ron Saunders ( who was a bit like Mancini ) left us and went on to win the League with Villa ). If you look at the Premier League the 3 clubs that have performed better than expected over the last 20 years or so have been United, Arsenal and Everton. All had long term managers who the players knew was the boss. i.e. if they f****d about they were out not the manager. That for me is the key. We forget how young most footballers are and they need strong leadership and a disciplined consistent environment. Pellegrini is 60 and quite frankly no better than Mancini, Hughes, Sven, Keegan etc. He's just the latest Zebedee on the Magic Roundabout.

I know what you mean, but there's a load of bollocks in there as well.

You have to give credit were credit is due when you see how Mourinho has not lost a home game in 47 years, how Arsene Wenger can buy unheard of players like Henry and RVP and Bergkamp and Pires and make them world class. Or Klopp and what he's done with Dortmund. Heck even Brendan Rogers' job at Swansea is to be admired.

And then when you start mentioning that utter fuckwit Hughes and suggesting he's comparable to Mancini or Sven, my word you have lost the plot.

Don't get me started on Wenger. What about Bendtner, Gervinho, Chamakh and Jeffers? Any idiot can sign a 100 players and get some of them right. How many duff keepers has ferguson signed? As for Hughes what about Kompany, De Jong and Zabaleta? Klopp is doing well now but that's the funny thing, every year someone has to be near the top of the League and everyone gets giddy about how great a manager they are. Wenger for instance, last year crap this year hero. Same manager different assessment. Mourinho's done well but got the same treatment from Real Madrid that Pellegrini had. So they don't think he's brilliant do they? In fact Chelsea and Real Madrid help to prove my point, regardless of the manager they have always been reasonably successful. Di Matteo won the Champions League. Is he a great manager? I'll say it again, it's stability that matters.

mcfctomlad said:
we wont need to qualify for the champions league because we will win it
I'll wager you a beer we don't. And it'd be a beer I'd be more than happy to lose.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:06 pm --<br /><br />
Palerider said:
Chippy_boy said:
Palerider said:
If I'm honest I think most managers are average. I know that sounds obvious but if the managers of the top of the league swapped with the bottom of the league I don't think we would see a change. They are paid money for old rope. I just don't rate most of them at all. Even someone like the lauded Ferguson is barely better than average, in our title winning season Fergie cocked up twice in the games against City. Guadiola has managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich and been succesful but so would anyone else, would Guadiola keep Palace up this year? I've been supporting City since 1967 and in that time I cannot think of a single manager who has left us and moved on to better things. ( Just checked on Wiki and Ron Saunders ( who was a bit like Mancini ) left us and went on to win the League with Villa ). If you look at the Premier League the 3 clubs that have performed better than expected over the last 20 years or so have been United, Arsenal and Everton. All had long term managers who the players knew was the boss. i.e. if they f****d about they were out not the manager. That for me is the key. We forget how young most footballers are and they need strong leadership and a disciplined consistent environment. Pellegrini is 60 and quite frankly no better than Mancini, Hughes, Sven, Keegan etc. He's just the latest Zebedee on the Magic Roundabout.

I know what you mean, but there's a load of bollocks in there as well.

You have to give credit were credit is due when you see how Mourinho has not lost a home game in 47 years, how Arsene Wenger can buy unheard of players like Henry and RVP and Bergkamp and Pires and make them world class. Or Klopp and what he's done with Dortmund. Heck even Brendan Rogers' job at Swansea is to be admired.

And then when you start mentioning that utter fuckwit Hughes and suggesting he's comparable to Mancini or Sven, my word you have lost the plot.

Don't get me started on Wenger. What about Bendtner, Gervinho, Chamakh and Jeffers? Any idiot can sign a 100 players and get some of them right. How many duff keepers has ferguson signed? As for Hughes what about Kompany, De Jong and Zabaleta? Klopp is doing well now but that's the funny thing, every year someone has to be near the top of the League and everyone gets giddy about how great a manager they are. Wenger for instance, last year crap this year hero. Same manager different assessment. Mourinho's done well but got the same treatment from Real Madrid that Pellegrini had. So they don't think he's brilliant do they? In fact Chelsea and Real Madrid help to prove my point, regardless of the manager they have always been reasonably successful. Di Matteo won the Champions League. Is he a great manager? I'll say it again, it's stability that matters.
Your post was reading okay, until that contradiction at the end.

For anyone that thinks it's all hugs and holisticness they didn't see what happened in the dressing room at Stamford bridge !

mycity79 said:
For anyone that thinks it's all hugs and holisticness they didn't see what happened in the dressing room at Stamford bridge !
Would you care to share? Because we're not all of City's kit men, or coaches or management team so we will not have seen..

mycity79 said:

SPILL....

ballinio said:
Matt.D said:

The perception is our away form was shit under Mancini.

2011/2012 W10 D4 L5 19 games/34 points
2012/2013 W9 D6 L4 19 games/33 points

So if Win8 D5 L0 of our remaining 13 away games we are on par with last season. Not a prayer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.