Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no cynic said:
Pablo1 said:
He's right, Spurs won't be challenging for the league. Now he needs to show why and put them to the sword at the weekend. No fucking about, strongest available side playing with the intensity we've enjoyed watching at home so far.
They will be chomping at the bit this being the first chance to shine after the Sunderland debacle. If that's the case then I fancy a 3/4 goal winning margin. Us at our best is so much better than Spurs at their best, it's not even close.

He may well be right but I wish he'd keep quiet about it. There's nothing like a seemingly derogatory remark to make about an opponent to make them rise to the occasion and to throw his remarks right back at him. I well remember Malcolm Allison promising that City would terrorise Europe, only to see City dumped out by Fenerbahce at the first attempt. He made sure he kept quiet the following season in the club's successful ECWC campaign.
Well we'll find out one way or another on Sunday if this team has the ability that our manager thinks we have. If we get beat it'll have nothing to do with our managers comments to the press.

rastus said:
As our new manger he is doing a good job so far, from January after the transfer window closes he should be judged. Was let down by the two amigos in the non signings of isco and a replacement for kolo which has hampered progression

Agree with this ^^^^ he identified the weakness in the summer was,nt able to get the players he wanted and has been very unlucky with injuries.

Pablo1 said:
I'm no cynic said:
Pablo1 said:
He's right, Spurs won't be challenging for the league. Now he needs to show why and put them to the sword at the weekend. No fucking about, strongest available side playing with the intensity we've enjoyed watching at home so far.
They will be chomping at the bit this being the first chance to shine after the Sunderland debacle. If that's the case then I fancy a 3/4 goal winning margin. Us at our best is so much better than Spurs at their best, it's not even close.

He may well be right but I wish he'd keep quiet about it. There's nothing like a seemingly derogatory remark to make about an opponent to make them rise to the occasion and to throw his remarks right back at him. I well remember Malcolm Allison promising that City would terrorise Europe, only to see City dumped out by Fenerbahce at the first attempt. He made sure he kept quiet the following season in the club's successful ECWC campaign.
Well we'll find out one way or another on Sunday if this team has the ability that our manager thinks we have. If we get beat it'll have nothing to do with our managers comments to the press.

Maybe, but if it does happen, you can be sure that AVB will mention it in his post-match interview and he will say that Pellegrini's remarks did his team talk for him.

I'm no cynic said:
Pablo1 said:
I'm no cynic said:

Maybe, but if it does happen, you can be sure that AVB will mention it in his post-match interview and he will say that Pellegrini's remarks did his team talk for him.
Of course, and the press will lap it up. But, seeing as this will be a comfortable win for us I think AVB will be talking about other things after the game.

Skashion said:
BlueSiam said:
What's wrong with LC's post? I agree with it too. City's 1-6 win was largely against 10 men playing catch up. In the 4-1 we totally dominated from the first minute.
The rag team we beat 6-1 was a better side than the 4-1, hence why they had already beaten Arsenal 8-2 and were second in the league (to us) when we played them as well as finished with 89 points, which I guarantee they won't be doing this season. Also talking about playing against ten men is slightly disingenuous. Whilst I don't believe for a minute it'd have been 6-1 with eleven on the pitch, it's not like Evans got sent off for swearing at the ref or an off the ball incident. He brought Balotelli down when there was a clear goalscoring opportunity brought about by great attacking football. The red card was induced by how well we were playing. I don't understand getting too excited over the 4-1 at home. We've put three and four past the rags on our own patch plenty of times, including under Pearce. Massacring the rags at Old Trafford however was an earthquake where records tumbled, beating the rags 3-1 or 4-1 on our own patch is a very good derby win but not that much out of the ordinary in the history of the Manchester derby. I also cannot agree with those claiming the 4-1 was a more dominant performance. We also dominated the game for longer at Old Trafford. I think the people claiming we dominated from first to last minute against the rags at home are suffering from wilful amnesia, because after Gollum brought Cleverley on, and Pellegrini didn't respond tactically probably deciding 4-0 was enough, or else we just took our foot off, the rags had the better of the last half hour, whereas 70 minutes at Old Trafford, 75 with stoppage time, were ours in my view. The stats also back me up on that as they show the rags actually had more possession in the 4-1 than us whereas in the 6-1 we had the most possession.

Call it a personal thing. For me it was the way we woman slapped them all over the pitch for 45 mins. You would have been pushed to get odds of 6 or 7-0 at half time. As much fun as the 1-6 was, I have a hard time recalling ANY team in the modern era urinating on United the way we did in that first half and it just gave me enormous pleasure.

rastus said:
As our new manger he is doing a good job so far, from January after the transfer window closes he should be judged. Was let down by the two amigos in the non signings of isco and a replacement for kolo which has hampered progression

lazy bollocks being posted in any forum other than off-topic should be a CoC violation and automatic warning.

It's fucking boring and just ends up being spouted by people who come on for a quick browse as fact which makes the problem worse.

He wasn't "let down" at all.

BlueSiam said:
Call it a personal thing.

Nail on head there mate. There's no right or wrong answer - some preferred the demolition derby, some preferred the 4 - 1 from this season. Hell I remember this being discussed recently and quite a few preferring the 1-0 at the Etihad the year we won the title. They were all special for different reasons.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
rastus said:

lazy bollocks being posted in any forum other than off-topic should be a CoC violation and automatic warning.

It's fucking boring and just ends up being spouted by people who come on for a quick browse as fact which makes the problem worse.

deluded old tit springs to mind...lol

BillyShears said:
BlueSiam said:
Call it a personal thing.

Nail on head there mate. There's no right or wrong answer - some preferred the demolition derby, some preferred the 4 - 1 from this season. Hell I remember this being discussed recently and quite a few preferring the 1-0 at the Etihad the year we won the title. They were all special for different reasons.

I rather did enjoy the 2-0 win at the swamp on the 50th anniversary of Munich. The one derby game we were just not allowed to win and our fans were going to be an embarrassment at the minutes silence before the game...
Just 'impeccable'.

rastus said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
rastus said:

deluded old tit springs to mind...lol

Who was the replacement for Kolo that they failed to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.