Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
BillyShears said:
BlueSiam said:
Call it a personal thing.

Nail on head there mate. There's no right or wrong answer - some preferred the demolition derby, some preferred the 4 - 1 from this season. Hell I remember this being discussed recently and quite a few preferring the 1-0 at the Etihad the year we won the title. They were all special for different reasons.

I rather did enjoy the 2-0 win at the swamp on the 50th anniversary of Munich. The one derby game we were just not allowed to win and our fans were going to be an embarrassment at the minutes silence before the game...
Just 'impeccable'.
Sorry to be an arse but it was 2-1.

Inter Me Nan said:
TGR said:
BillyShears said:
Nail on head there mate. There's no right or wrong answer - some preferred the demolition derby, some preferred the 4 - 1 from this season. Hell I remember this being discussed recently and quite a few preferring the 1-0 at the Etihad the year we won the title. They were all special for different reasons.

I rather did enjoy the 2-0 win at the swamp on the 50th anniversary of Munich. The one derby game we were just not allowed to win and our fans were going to be an embarrassment at the minutes silence before the game...
Just 'impeccable'.
Sorry to be an arse but it was 2-1.

You are correct! That makes it even better! :-)

Barcon said:
rastus said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
lazy bollocks being posted in any forum other than off-topic should be a CoC violation and automatic warning.

It's fucking boring and just ends up being spouted by people who come on for a quick browse as fact which makes the problem worse.

He wasn't "let down" at all.
deluded old tit springs to mind...lol

Who was the replacement for Kolo that they failed to get?
I dont know but they failed to get him/ invest

rastus said:
Barcon said:
rastus said:
deluded old tit springs to mind...lol

That would be Pepe, who they offered big money for, but Varane's injury was worse than expected so Real said no. Hence the last minute cheap signing of Demichelis instead.

I wouldn't say Pellegrini was let down at all, though, since we signed four quality players and one who can be useful once he adjusts. If he was let down, what was Moyes?

LoveCity said:
rastus said:
Barcon said:

That would be Pepe, who they offered big money for, but Varane's injury was worse than expected so Real said no. Hence the last minute cheap signing of Demichelis instead.

I wouldn't say Pellegrini was let down at all, though, since we signed four quality players and one who can be useful once he adjusts. If he was let down, what was Moyes?

I know it's been said before but we have to stop using the rags as the benchmark and measuring ourselves in every respect against them. I know they won the title last season but they won't be winning it this season so unless we want to measure ourselves against a bunch of also rans we need to stop doing it.

Kolo Toure has been fortunate that Liverpool had injuries to both Enrique, Cissokho and have a lack of trust in Agger. He will be in the same boat as they have also signed Sakho.

TGR said:
LoveCity said:
rastus said:

I know it's been said before but we have to stop using the rags as the benchmark and measuring ourselves in every respect against them. I know they won the title last season but they won't be winning it this season so unless we want to measure ourselves against a bunch of also rans we need to stop doing it.

If it'll help, replace Moyes with Wenger, who only got 1 of the 3 or 4 signings he wanted that included Suarez and Lars Bender, and is doing just fine. Pellegrini really wasn't "let down"... we didn't get every main target but we fared better in the market than most of our rivals.

LoveCity said:
rastus said:
Barcon said:

True Moyes hmm but he got his main man felluni ;)
Pepe fair enough, but would have thought a higher calibre back up would have been in order. Just as dissapointed at not getting Isco if his dad would have asked me Id have given him 5 mill.
Im not saying its all down to thiose 2 signings not happening and possibly Jan will point us in the right direction.

What was to be expected is the media boring Pellegrini with continuing questions about Joe Hart. First they floor Hart flat on his face by putting pressure on him, claiming he was to be replaced even before Pellegrini made up his mind. Now Pellegrini did start with Pantilimon, the press is all over him why and when Hart is to return in goal. No wonder Pellegrini is "flipping", well according to Dail Fail. It turns out he hardly flips, he simply stops the questions about one player as he likes to think and talk in terms of a team.

Anyway, this whole keeper-problem has turned out into an unwanted one, mainly caused by Hart himself for not putting in the quality performances that are required. I still think he's the number 1 choice, but Pantillimon will get more time to show what he is all about. And so far, despite hardly a save to make, Pantilimon hasn't let us down.

As for the press: do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.