Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
great attacking football yet again today

however the defensive side of our game has to improve and there are no signs of it.........too much space infront of our back four all the time and only poor finishing from Swansea today led to us not conceeding........at some point we are going to come unstuck against better opposition (arsenal players will revel in that amount of space in front of our back 4 as will Munichs and other teams in the champs league)

we are playing well but im still waiting to see what he does when confronted by a higher standard of opposition and also if our away form ccan improve.......but on the positive note at time our attacking play is as good as it was under RM during our title winning season

MrE said:
As we enter December, planning for the rest of the season, if you were Pellegrini what would you do in January ?

GK, I would wait till Summer and let Hart and Pants fight it out for now, Still see Hart as the long term keeper.

RB... Zaba & Richards ... No change and both have versatility for cover in other positions in emergency.

RCB... Komps and keep Martin as back up

LCB... Would like to see Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus) brought in here (£25 Million) and keep Nasty

LB .. Gael & would like to see Filipe brought in from Athletico Madrid (£12.5 Million)

Holding Mid To compliment the current Yaya and Fern Combo we should buy Roman Neustadter from Shalke 04. who can also play in the centre of defence. Schalke 04 (£7 million)

The Attacking Midfield... Navas / Silva / Nasri and Forward Line of Aguero and Negrado are currently adequately supported by Jovetic and Milner, and it would be good to see Guidetti get in on some action. It would be nice to see a quality supporting addition to allow a little more rotation or support, but with Roman Neustadter in it could free up Yaya in some cases.

I know all of my (ideal) additions to the squad are tied in the Champions League, but they may take some of the pressure off in the prem and cups. (Its possible that Schalke and Juve could depart in the group stages)

To fund this I would look to sell Rodwell (12 million) (he hasn't done anything wrong but will never be in the same league as our current players), Dzeko (24 million) Garcia (apparently he is worth 16 million !!!!)

The above balances the books, allows new players time to get acquainted with the squad, playing Prem and Cup games, allows us to keep Lescott and Kolarov for Euro cover at the back, and if we do manage to sell anyone else or add investment we can bolster the forward options.

values taken from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/manchester-city/startseite/verein_281.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/manch ... n_281.html</a>

Only my thoughts on how I would start a long term improvement plan, I am sure many of you have your own !!!

Your first post, congrats.

3-0.....3 fucking 0 yet some still fucking moan pmsl.

They had one clear chance all game and apart from that, we restricted them to shots from outside the box yet some claim we were crap defensively again.

What the fuck do you guys want?

blueinsa said:

They had one clear chance all game and apart from that, we restricted them to shots from outside the box yet some claim we were crap defensively again.

I think it was two shots clear but your point stands.

blueinsa said:

To discuss all aspects of a game, not just the positive ones.

moomba said:
blueinsa said:

Clue is in the 0 bit mate.

We defended well against a very good footballing side that came and had a go.

blueinsa said:

We were open defensively not crap there is a huge difference, they also had more than one chance by the way

not sure anything about today's game is worth much detailed discussion, good 3 points

Definitely better going, probably better than the title season. Defensively still too open but kompany back will help.

taconinja said:
blueinsa said:

I think it was two shots clear but your point stands.

I think it was 3, but the point stands! And, had they had Michu available, they could have made us pay. We were different class 2nd half though and could easily have racked up 6 or 7 again. Not sure I want us to be that open down at St Mary's mind!

blueinsa said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:

Clue is in the 0 bit mate.

We defended well against a very good footballing side that came and had a go.

More down to luck than planning IMO. I think we can get away with it at home to an extent, but will cost us points if we don't improve that area of our game.

Just don't see why it cant be discussed in a thread about the manager and his tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.