Discuss Pellegrini

OB1 said:
Some of the comments on here suggest that there are people who have not really watched Pellegrini's other sides in action. He likes to play attacking football but he will be pragmatic and shut up shop if circumstances demand it.
I'm all for that but I was quite happy with the way we used to shut up shop,especially at home.
A mix of both would do for me.

taconinja said:
OB1 said:
Some of the comments on here suggest that there are people who have not really watched Pellegrini's other sides in action. He likes to play attacking football but he will be pragmatic and shut up shop if circumstances demand it.
Yes. This.

Also a lot of our problems today in the first half were an overreaction somewhat to the Cardiff match. We kept possession well in that game but didn't threaten enough, so today the team made sure to keep width... but that hurt our possession. We need to figure out the balance, but it will take time.

We still dominated possession for most of the game. Hull had more of the ball at start and end but in between.

Also, for all our faults, Hull had one decent chance and one decent, albeit off target, strike from outside the box. Both Negredo and Toure should have had a brace each but missed badly with headers.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:09 pm --<br /><br />
Gaylord du Bois said:
OB1 said:
I'm all for that but I was quite happy with the way we used to shut up shop,especially at home.
A mix of both would do for me.

Absolutely and it's why I'd prefer to keep Barry, who would be great to bring off bench and help shut up shop.

When Manny said that if we scored, we'd go looking for more goals, I always assumed that he meant when there was a fair aount of time left and we had the upper hand. I never thought that meant we'd be reckless in a tight game.

Anyone understand why we defend free-kicks in our half by standing on the edge of our area?

Defence was a nervous wreck with a left-footed centre-back playing on the right who couldn't pass the ball out of defence. What's wrong with playing Zabeleta at centre-back, or Rodwell? Two forwards up top, and a winger on the touchline leaving us well out-numbered in midfield

Most fans would have picked Lescott and Nasty but what disappointed me was that there was no reaction from the bench to change the system

The half time sub was like for like

dw7 said:
Not good enough players may like him and all that but for we be lucky to get top 4 and I can see us being destroyed in the derby in a couple of weeks

I wouldn't go as far as missing out on top 4 aft 3 games mate
Hell of a lot for the gaffer to work on & i'm sure he will get it right

Always going to be hard replacing mancini who was so successfull & popular

Just got to get behind him now,and that includes the players running their bollocks off for him.

FantasyIreland said:
The cookie monster said:
Always going to be hard replacing mancini who was so successfull & popular

Yeah,makes you wonder why we didn't keep him?

What is it with you and your anti mancini bollocks?
The reason why people keep coming back to it is because so called supporters like you and Shears keep trying to dirty his name and it certainly pisses a lot of people off because like it or not Mancini brought the club and it's fans what they had always dreamed of and for a very MINORITY of fans to just keep dirtying his name and trying to devalue what he did.
I along with all supporters am totally behind Pellers. I want what is best for the club..2 wins out of 3 is a good start but performances need to improve certainly defensively.
I am looking forward to going to Stoke to see how they perform as I feel this will be an even sterner test than Cardiff. Anything other than a win and the dissenters about the change may become a little more vocal.
I want the team/club and supporters to move forward together as one.
At the end of the day Pellers and his team will be judged on results and results only.

FI-Just quit with the vitriole twds Mancini and stop hanging off every word Billy says.
Try having your own opinion,it feels good you know.

FantasyIreland said:
blue underpants said:
Iknow what you are saying, i will leave it now until after the Stoke game, 3 games in might be a bit too soon to judge him, but i am not confident at all

as is intelligence.......

Possibly the most ironic comment on the thread.
I while back on here I asked you what you meant by saying Pellegrini should go if we don't make 'progress'.
Given that we finished second last year, and won nothing, most people would deduce from this that 'progress' would mean winning something.
So, yet again, can you explain how Pellegrini could show 'progress' without bettering Mancini's last season, given that he has a better squad at his disposal.
I know you are not blessed with brains, and are pretty much regarded as the brawn rather than brains component of the handful of 'outer' haters, and more of a cheerleader than a policy maker, so I don't mind if you want to consult either Billy or Dismal first so that they can tell you what to think and say prior to attempting a reply.

The cookie monster said:
dw7 said:
Not good enough players may like him and all that but for we be lucky to get top 4 and I can see us being destroyed in the derby in a couple of weeks
I wouldn't go as far as missing out on top 4 aft 3 games mate.
Not least because after "Matchday 3" we will be at least 4th and possibly 3rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.